: October SRX Sales Up 5.5%

c5 rv
11-02-06, 07:46 AM
People like the changes to the SRX:

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/NEWS03/611020326/1004/news03

Wagoneer
11-07-06, 05:17 PM
I'm not surprised. As I said in another thread, there's a night-and-day difference between the new 2007 SRX interior and the old one. That eliminates the only tangible reason not to pick the SRX in my opinion (the "intangible" reasons include resale value, anti-American car sentiment, and possibly reliability though I think this is much improved since the 04 launch.)

b4z
11-08-06, 07:41 AM
I can guarantee you that 90% of those sales were 2006s.
Cadillac didn't even start building the 2007 SRX until August so there were only a handful of 2007's on the lots in October.

And 1100 SRX sales is still not good. They were selling at a rate greater than
2000-2500 a month when they first came out.

Havind said that, I believe the interior is a big improvement and we will see that the 2007 will sell in greater numbers than the 2006.

I hope Caddy stepps up to the plate 2008 and offers both the 3.6L Direct Injection engine and the 6 speed.

nassaublvd
11-08-06, 02:15 PM
One issue Caddy may have later this year is competition from new crossovers to be offered by GMC, Buick and Saturn. They are in a bit of a different league, but for GM loyalists these additions will represent other options, and the interior of the three new x overs appears to actually offer more in terms of utility than the SRX. And they will be standard with the 6 speed hydramatic paired with the V-6.

I think those three vehicles are going to be runaway successes for GM.

figgie
11-08-06, 02:53 PM
hmm

LSI says SRX rose 5.5%

straight from GM's SEC filing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.................................................. ..............Calendar Year-to-Date
..........................September............... ..........January - September
..............................................% Chg
.................2006.........2005.......per S/D.........2006.........2005.......%Chg

SRX..........2,002........1,624.........18.5...... .....17,229......18,440.......-6.6

.................................................. ..............Calendar Year-to-Date
..........................October................. ........January - October
..............................................% Chg
.................2006.........2005.......per S/D.........2006.........2005.......%Chg

SRX..........1,186........1,124.........9.7....... ....18,415......19,564.......-5.9

according to SEC filings straight from GM

SRX is actually up 9.7% for the month of October when compared to October 2005 but the critical number is year to date... Down -5.9% compared to 2005 and we now approach the least amount of cars sold month wise.... Nov and Dec.

Though I think GM math wizzes need a refresher in gathering percentage.. as the October % Change per S/D is 5.2%. where di they get 9.7% I have no clue.

Northern SRX
11-25-06, 08:34 AM
Being up slightly from '05 numbers is not much of an accomplishment considering how bad the October '05 numbers were. Consider:

SRX Sales

October 04: 2519 YTD 24178
October 05: 1124 YTD 19564
October 06: 1186 YTD 18415

I hope the new interior keeps the sales sufficiently high that GM brass commits to product. However, I agree with the poster who points out that the upcoming Buick Enclave could siphon away a good deal of the SRX's potential market. I also think that the new interior isn't enough, that they'd have been wise to have done something to the exterior - at the very least, they could have fitted it with an updated grille up front. As much as they've improved the vehicle, its exterior is looking mighty stale - fortunately, the SRX's traditional competition (X5, MDX, RX330, and FX35/45) is equally stale.

Not to be negative, though, I seriously like the new SRX interior and would consider trading up to an '07. I'm just not sure how many new buyers the interior is going to snag. I'd say that the December through March numbers will tell that story as there are still a heckuva lot of '06s on the dealer lots...

j123456k
11-26-06, 10:02 AM
Hi to all,

Relative to comments in this string, my wife and I did not buy the 2006 SRX because of the cheap interior and waited for the new interior to make a decision. We absolutely LOVE the new interior and are in the process of ordering our 2007 SRX. I am an engineering type, so I spend a lot of time analyzing product before I purchase. I have spent the last 10 months reading auto magazines, test driving vehicles and researching through the internet. In my mind, the SRX is the BEST vehicle on the market for a what it is, a mid size luxury SUV. My brother has the Lexus RX330 for which I have driven many times and it is a good vehicle, but has no character or anything great about it. Same with the Acura MDX. I just went to the Phoenix Auto Show and looked at the new Lincoln MKX, and although it looks pretty nice, again, there was nothing really inspiring about it.

For me, the SRX has everything I want.

A distinctive exterior design that is American minded and built in an American facility
Well designed interior that adds the appropriate luxury that one would expect from Cadillac
Options between a V6 and V8 - we are going to get the V8!!
Great ride - we are going to get the magnetic ride control
Quiet interior

I guess it boggles my mind that the SRX has not sold more than it has. I am thinking that the "bling" minded are getting the Escalade because it is currently cool and maybe hurting sales of the SRX. Also, Cadillac really has not put together a very good advertising campaign for the SRX.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Jeff

Northern SRX
12-03-06, 06:11 AM
The November stats are out and the SRX sold approx. 9.5% more units in 11/06 than in 11/05 - not to get excited as '05 numbers were post-Katrina and very weak. 11/06 SRX sales were still about 34% lower than 11/04 levels.

YTD numbers are still off by about 1000 units from '05 - or 5% - and about 30% lower than '04 Jan-Nov sales.

I'm guessing that most of units being sold these days are still '06 models - any effect from the '07 refresh probably won't hit for a couple of months yet. I really don't expect much of an increase without a ratcheting up of marketing featuring the sports trim. I still can't figure out why Caddy didn't do an external refresh to externally distinguish the '07s and signal the interior change.

c5 rv
12-03-06, 07:10 AM
I'm guessing that most of units being sold these days are still '06 models

I don't think so. November was the second or third sales month for the 07 units. Here's the November sale story from the Lansing State Journal:

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061202/NEWS03/612020315/1004/news03

Northern SRX
12-03-06, 10:04 AM
I don't think so. November was the second or third sales month for the 07 units. Here's the November sale story from the Lansing State Journal:

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061202/NEWS03/612020315/1004/news03

Well, although the article is scant on details, my view was based on observation that there were still some '06s hanging around on some dealers' lots up here. Nevertheless, on reflection, you might be right - as I suspect that they'd have to heavily discount the '06s to sell over the '07 with its much-improved interior. Perhaps GM hasn't yet applied enough dealer incentives to sell those last few '06s...

BaseBoy
12-03-06, 11:27 AM
I believe that there is pent up demand for the 07 with the new interior. I sat on the fence for 2 years (driving a CTS) until I saw the new interior. The 07 V8 AWD MRC I ordered will be built this week.

Yes, I think that (at least) for those of us who will buy only GM will consider the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook (described somewhere as minivans dressed up as SUVs) alternatives to SRX unlike the Trailblazer/Envoy and Rendezvous, which are not. (For me, the Escalade is not an alternative to the SRX. Way too big.) Primarily, the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook have significantly more interior cargo space and a more useful third-row seat. (This I have discerned from product literature.) But I doubt that they will match the 07 SRX in handling; after new interior of O7, in luxury; or at least for the V8 SRX in performance. However, the Enclave/Acadia may have HUD as a option....

Certainly, SRX's exterior is not fresh. However, it has classic lines that will stand up to the test of time -- unless Cadillac cancels the SRX in which case the SRX would be an orphan.

john d
12-03-06, 12:34 PM
Certainly, SRX's exterior is not fresh. However, it has classic lines that will stand up to the test of time -- unless Cadillac cancels the SRX in which case the SRX would be an orphan.
One could surmise it has been an orphan for the last two years based on the TV and newspaper marketing.
The SRX is either absent or in the distant background of the advertising I've seen.

robhersch
12-04-06, 12:30 AM
Yes, I think that (at least) for those of us who will buy only GM will consider the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook (described somewhere as minivans dressed up as SUVs) alternatives to SRX. (For me, the Escalade is not an alternative to the SRX. Way too big.) Primarily, the Enclave/Acadia/Outlook have significantly more interior cargo space and a more useful third-row seat. (This I have discerned from product literature.) But I doubt that they will match the 07 SRX in handling; after new interior of O7, in luxury; or at least for the V8 SRX in performance. However, the Enclave/Acadia may have HUD as a option.....

I saw Buick Enclave (viewable on a rotating stage only) & GMC Acadia at LA Auto Show. My summary: Looks a bit like a longer Chev Equinox w/ Buick Terraza hood (w/ portholes) & grille; Engine ~ SRX V6 w/ 275HP & 6 spd auto trans (did not appear to have manual-sport-mode-shift gate ??); FWD or AWD; 118.9" wheelbase & 18"(or 19") wheels; 3 rows seats: 1st & 2nd were 2 per row with storage consoles between, 3rd row seemed smaller ~ SRX 3rd row; options: HUD, SkyScape big sun roof (seemed smaller than SRX UltraView ?) & power tailgate; Buick appeared more plush w/ some wood (eg, Rainier), etc than GMC; no prices shown when I was there.
I would consider them as competitive with Lex RX, Acura MDX, Ford Edge or Freestyle, or most mini-vans, etc; I would not find either as an alternative for Cad SRX, BMW-5, MB-ML