: TC0047 Code

96Deville
10-31-06, 03:12 PM
I have a 96 Deville with 130,000 miles on it. I Recently went through the head gasket nightmare but got it fixed right (time serts, etc). After a few months of normal operation I starting occasionally getting the ABS and T/C lights on start up. For a while simply shutting the car off and restarting caused the lights to go away. Latey the ABS and T/C lights are constant along with the lack of 1st gear (due to T/C problems I assume). I am getting a TC0047 code that I believe is a wheel speed sensor but I don't know which wheel. Anybody know what, specifically, this code is? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Ranger
10-31-06, 09:08 PM
Are you sure that is the correct code? I can't find any such code.

96Deville
10-31-06, 09:27 PM
Yes, I'm positive that is the correct code. I've been looking at it for 2 weeks now. I wasn't able to find that code on any other threads either. I really think it's a wheel speed sensor but have no idea which one. Have you any ideas Great One? I would really like to fix this myself but if all else fails, I have a great mechanic...

Ranger
11-01-06, 01:19 AM
Try checking the continuity on each wheel speed sensor with a DVM (digital Volt Meter). If one comes up with no continuity, that one is your problem.

96Deville
11-16-06, 12:27 PM
FYI on the TC0047 code. It appears to be a non-repairable soleniod in the hydraulic pump control unit.. whatever that is. $475 parts and labor to replace (with a used part)