: 07 Delivery Inspection

Ivan Billson
10-31-06, 10:56 AM
Got a call from the dealer saying my factory ordered 07 SRX V8 RWD should be in next week. Build time was 2 weeks in Lansing. Takes about 2 weeks to get delivered to Seattle.

What should I really be looking at on pre delivery inspection above and beyond the basics?

:bouncy:

Ivan

figgie
10-31-06, 11:39 AM
Make sure to go over the Factory STICKER. This will tell you if the options installed are the option you ordered and that they did not cut corners or try sime slight underhanded tactics.

c5 rv
10-31-06, 11:51 AM
From my delivery:

- Check that the OnStar antenna (shark fin) is attached just in front of the middle of the rear hatch.

- Check dash, seats, and headrests (including sides) for pen marks. My SRX looked like someone had a "checkfest" in it.

- The big folded plastic bag in the jack compartment is supposed to be there - don't throw it away. It holds your flat tire which you have to carry in the cargo area in when you put on the min-spare.

- Be sure both XM and OnStar are working. My OnStar wasn't working right (missing shark fin) and took about a month to get straightened out after the dealer installed the fin.

- Like on all cars, check air pressure and lug nut torque.

PhantomCadillac
10-31-06, 12:09 PM
You also want to walk around the car and check every body panel for minor dents and scratches.

I usually do this with my hands. You can't be too carefully. We bought a 2005 Titian and it had 2 dents in it. When my wife brought it home I found them. The dealer didn't want to fix them since it had left the lot. But he did!

Ivan Billson
10-31-06, 12:21 PM
I don't think the XM radio comes standard on the 07's and I know I did not order it. I looked on the GM checklist the dealer gave me and it showed a U2J code for the XM radio and then says--not installed and a negative MSRP price of -$199.00 whatever that means. Regardless I have no need for it.
But hey! I see the front license plate bracket is--- NO CHARGE! Whoopee.

Ivan:rolleyes:

caddycruiser
10-31-06, 12:28 PM
I don't think the XM radio comes standard on the 07's and I know I did not order it. I looked on the GM checklist the dealer gave me and it showed a U2J code for the XM radio and then says--not installed and a negative MSRP price of -$199.00 whatever that means. Regardless I have no need for it.
But hey! I see the front license plate bracket is--- NO CHARGE! Whoopee.

Ivan:rolleyes:

Yep, actually sounds like it's supposed to be there but for whatever reason it was deleted by the factory. And it worked out in your favor, thankfully.

I've seen several GM vehicles produced like that in the past few years, with "Missing Option Credit" on the sticker, whether it be the XM, power pedals, reverse sensing, etc.

urbanski
10-31-06, 12:31 PM
check fluids too, shocking how many are low on this and that

john d
10-31-06, 01:00 PM
Watch out for "garbage fees" like doc fee, pre-delivery service, inspection fee, lic surcharge, etc.
Question every charge beyond price and sales tax (do a calculation on that too). If the charge seems strange challenge it and ask (insist) it be deleated.
If there's finance or lease charges involved ask in detail how it's calculated and ask to see the "payment charts" from which the calculation is derived.
If it's a lease ask about "gap" coverage. That's the insurance that pays the difference between used value if the car is stolen or totaled and the lease amount still owed exceeds used value. Could be many, many thousands. Had a friend who had her new BMW stolen a week after she got it. No gap and was going to cost her nearly $10k. Lucky for her the car was recovered and was trashed by about $5k. Wasn't enough to total so it was repaired. Just cost her $250.00 deductable on comprehensive coverage
Let us know what of all this feedback you get from our forum was helpful.

inline6
10-31-06, 01:48 PM
If you are given the option, do the exterior inspection inside the showroom or shop under flourescent lights. It is easier to check for paint defects and mismatches than under sun light or RAIN.

MortnCyn
11-01-06, 09:15 AM
If you are trading in an SRX, keep the rear storage net, the tow ring, gloves etc if you have them. Most likely will not be in the '07. If they are in the '07, you can give them the old stuff later.

c5 rv
11-01-06, 12:31 PM
If you are trading in an SRX, keep the rear storage net, the tow ring, gloves etc if you have them. Most likely will not be in the '07. If they are in the '07, you can give them the old stuff later.

Great advice!

TSS
11-01-06, 12:33 PM
Great point! I have had to acquire the tow ring and net on my own.....

Ivan Billson
11-01-06, 05:53 PM
What is a tow ring? Can I buy the net and tow ring if it's not included?

Ivan

MortnCyn
11-02-06, 06:33 AM
If you get stuck, the towring is a threaded eyebolt that can be used to pull your vehicle out. The eybolt screws into the bumper after you remove the square inserts (about 2'' square) you will find on the bumper. I would think a dealer would be able to find the part number.

TSS
11-02-06, 08:25 AM
Got my tow hook and net from the dealer - sorry - don't have the P/N. Tow hook seemed to be in high dmenad and took a while to get - net was very easy to get.

jdanek
11-02-06, 04:46 PM
I ordered an '07 SRX V8 RWD last week. This is my first SRX. Trading in an '05 EXT which was great but we don't need that much utility any more.

Dealer said delivery should be about 6 weeks. That just leaves enough time to get the $2145 Nav bonus before the plant shuts down for the holidays. Hopefully it will arrive even sooner :)

Ordered it with a bunch of options including Mag ride, Towing, Ultra View, and Bose/Nav. The sport package was nice but I decided against it. The 20" wheel/sport package was only available with AWD (not useful in Florida) and couldn't be ordered with Mag ride control. I didn't think the 18" sport package was worth $800 for the updated grill and door sills.

Didn't get the factory entertainment player. Instead I'd like to add a pair of Vizualogic DVD headrest players. The factory unit was cool but having two 7" headrest players for about the same price seamed like a better deal... and should be easy for the kids to see from the third row.

Any recommendations for a trailer hitch? The class II hitch from GM looks good but only has a 1.25" receiver... a class III (Hidden Hitch) would be better but may not fit as well ??

As for the inspection I'll first check that all the options are included. Then a good inspection of the body panels, paint, and gaps. Last, a 10 minute test ride around town and a couple highway miles. If everything looks good a final check of the contract for any additional fees/charges :)