: New Member.....hopefully a future owner!

EldoFan
10-30-06, 02:44 PM
I'm Ben......a college student here in the heartland and rabid Cadillac fan :D

Fleetwoods (esp. '93-96) and Eldorados ('79-85 & '92-02/03?) are my favs.....and hopefully if I ever get out of school & get a job here in a yr. or two, I can get my hands on one of them. :cool:

In the meantime, I'll devour any and all pics/info on these classic rides that come my way.

As for why a guy like me is into Caddies (as opposed to maybe Mustangs or ricers).....it's pretty simple... I've been in a few accidents and my insurance situation isn't too pretty. A used Cadillac (esp. an older one) would afford me somewhat of a break on my rates (have done some checking on this).... Then there's the practicality thing. I always have 2-3 people hangin around with me on the weekends doin whatever.....and my ride (a Ford P.O.S) is usually the last pick/last resort when we head out for a night on the town. So when I think about something w/some room, comfort and style, I think 'Cadillac' all the way :cool:

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!

gary88
10-30-06, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the forums. Nice taste in cars :D

JRau
10-30-06, 09:02 PM
Welcome aboard. Save your money, and when you're ready, check back in the classifieds here. There's lots of Cadillacs for almost any budget.

JRau in central Iowa

dp102288
10-31-06, 09:34 AM
You seem like someone with a lot of logic! Caddys are way better than ricers...seems your college is actually teaching you something!

Welcome. the Fleetwoods and Eldo are nice. Have you ever imagined trying to park one of those things on the street? Yeah, me too.

Elvis
10-31-06, 11:38 AM
Welcome EldoFan!

Lady Danielle
10-31-06, 09:09 PM
welcome

Boombotz
10-31-06, 10:43 PM
Welcome Ben
Good luck and hopefully we hear that you own a Caddy in the near future.

babytf
10-31-06, 11:31 PM
hi guys new from va.2nd time cadillac catera owner.1st was a 97 now i have a 98 and so far have replaced fuel filter,fuel pump,fuel pump relay twice thanks to the info on this forum replaced hcv at home even got the part less than 1/2 the dealer price in about 15 minutes and now have to do the dreaded valve cover gaskets.already found them for 39 dollars thanks to someone's previous post.currently trying to replace missing parts and then gonna get fresh paint and rims