: Boosted caddys

capn
02-28-04, 02:02 PM
Hey all

ive been searching around for a while and i have been seeing that cadillacs dont like higher compression (ie boost) and if i were to do so i would need some head work. is this true or just a popular rumour going around??

beemer2k
02-29-04, 11:45 AM
Everything I have heard suggest that the n* engine can handle a modest amount of boost. Just make sure your head bolts are tightened to spec. If you still blow your stock head gasket, replace it with a performance aftermarket one.

PS. If you successfully turbo/supercharge for less than $4000 you will be a hero here.

BeelzeBob
03-01-04, 04:22 PM
Hey all

ive been searching around for a while and i have been seeing that cadillacs dont like higher compression (ie boost) and if i were to do so i would need some head work. is this true or just a popular rumour going around??

The Northstar "likes boost" as much as any engine. It has a good combustion chamber that is very knock resistant and will tolerate boost fine. The hard part is putting a system on the car to creat the boost and then modifying the control system to accomodate the additional fuel and spark requirements with boost.

The production head gaskets are as good (or much better) than anything that is available in the aftermarket contrary to popular notions....