: Buying an iPod today, need some advice!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 11:08 AM
So I accidentally broke my MP3 player the other day. It was in the middle of transferring some songs, I pulled the USB cord out ( a big no-no) and now it won't turn on or do anything anymore. It wasn't able to transfer any music from either computer after I did that Friday night, and it played for the last time Friday night, and it hasn't been able to turn on again. And yes, the battery had more than 1/2 life left, so it's not the battery's fault.

Now I've always wanted an iPod, and now I have my chance to get one. I'm mainly looking at the Nanos. There is a 4gig model for $199 that can carry 1000 songs, now I've got 650 songs in my library on my computer, and I'm always adding more music. I would love to put my entire music library onto my iPod and not have to worry about transferring songs on and off of it. Now the 8gig model will fit 2000 songs, and it's a bargain (relatively speaking) at $249. 2000 songs will be about as big as I can forsee my library ever getting. But my question is: "do they mean 2000 three minute long songs, or 2000 five-eight minute long songs" because many of my songs are over 8 minutes.

Now again, $249 will get you into the 30gig iPod. Room for 7500 songs which is much more room than I'd ever need, and it plays video and other stuff. More stuff that I don't particularly need, but it's a steal for that price.

I'll use it mainly for running, and I like to listen to it when im away from home or just chilling in my room.

I guess the one that makes the most sense to me is the 8gig Nano. I won't wanna watch TV or a movie on an iPod..the screen is way to small, and i'd just have to start buying accessories to make it work. My only concern with that is *IF* my music library gets to be over 2000 songs, then I'm screwed, but I'm sitting at around 500 songs right now (I think..I can't look it up, not at home now), and it would take me years to buy all the CD's I'd like to fit in another 1500 songs. Let's say for example your average album is...14 songs, that's roughly 110 albums I'd have to buy before I filled my library, I can't possibly think of 110 albums I'd ever need. I can think of like 6 I wanna buy now!

Another question, how do I recharge an iPod? It doesn't come with a charger. I think. What other accessories might would be essential for the daily use of an iPod?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-Chad

DopeStar 156
10-30-06, 11:17 AM
Here's my advice based on my cousin, friend, mom, and Ms. DS's sister's experiences with iPods......

Collect the $299 you're gonna buy it with and walk outta the room, make the appropriate turns to your bathroom, lift the toilet lid and deposit the money into the toilet. Take hold of the handle and pull down. If you're lucky enough and someone in your family is negligent, you may already find an "iPod" in there and save yourself some money........

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 11:21 AM
BUY IT AT COSTCO!!!!!!! I took my Ipod back after 1yr and a half and got my money back with no questions asked.....You would never be able to do that at any other stores.....The only reason i took it back was because my friend had some ipods taht were Video ipods and at the time at i had the old version....Nothining was wrong with the ipod but i took it back with the receipt....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 11:58 AM
Dopestar, I know you hate iPods and Apple in general. Soooo yeah. Everyone that I know that has an iPod is satisfied with it, and if they were junk, would they sell so many of them?

Rey, I've never seen a Cosco, is it like a Sam's Club or what?

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 12:05 PM
Dopestar, I know you hate iPods and Apple in general. Soooo yeah. Everyone that I know that has an iPod is satisfied with it, and if they were junk, would they sell so many of them?

Rey, I've never seen a Cosco, is it like a Sam's Club or what?

Hmmm really? There's costco's in California and i remember going to one in Las Vegas so its not only a Cali thing.....Where are you from?

Have the rest of you guys heard of costco?

caddycruiser
10-30-06, 12:06 PM
I like the look and operation of iPod's, as well as iTunes, but I just don't use an iPod myself solely because I don't like ONLY being able to put on it what is in iTunes (whether it be uploaded CD's or purchased music & video).

Sometimes I like just putting random song files from wherever, and unless there's some way or some software trick to get around this, I didn't care to bother and have a different little 1GB player.

If that's not an issue for you, they're great things and I'd just go for whatever one has the size you think you'd want, and is in the budget.

Just like with my little thing, iPods have a built-in rechargeable battery and it charges while plugged into your computer. So you can leave it like that for a while to charge if it's really low, or they do sell chargers for most of them.

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 12:11 PM
Theres some in Minnesota.....Check it out

http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/locator.aspx?cm_re=1-_-Top_Right_Nav1-_-Top_locations

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 12:14 PM
but I just don't use an iPod myself solely because I don't like ONLY being able to put on it what is in iTunes (whether it be uploaded CD's or purchased music & video).

Wait, so you mean to say that all the CD's I bought won't transfer onto an iPod? Please say they'll work!!

Just like with my little thing, iPods have a built-in rechargeable battery and it charges while plugged into your computer. So you can leave it like that for a while to charge if it's really low, or they do sell chargers for most of them.

So they'll charge up when there plugged into your computer? Ok that's cool!

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 12:14 PM
I like the look and operation of iPod's, as well as iTunes, but I just don't use an iPod myself solely because I don't like ONLY being able to put on it what is in iTunes (whether it be uploaded CD's or purchased music & video).

Sometimes I like just putting random song files from wherever, and unless there's some way or some software trick to get around this, I didn't care to bother and have a different little 1GB player.

I have about 1800 songs.....All of my songs are hand picked...I dont have any albums in my ipod at all....

For example, I have about 83 Tupac songs to about 50 something Jay Z songs......So i just handpick the songs i like frome Limewire.com

codewize
10-30-06, 12:26 PM
Well after going through a CD player every 6 months I purchased a Nano today for a clients Music On Hold.

We'll see how it goes after a year or so.

Dadillac
10-30-06, 12:30 PM
I have a 30gig iPod, and have about 1,400 songs on it. I converted all of my CD's over to mp3, and downloaded them onto the iPod. You have to upload the songs to iTunes first, and download into the iPod from there. I needed my 13 year old daughters help for this, as I knew nothing about iPods. I suggest you get the 30gig, because you never know when you will need more room. If you limit yourself to 8gig, you may regret not spending the extra $50.

Don

Jesda
10-30-06, 12:31 PM
If I had hold music, I'd play "The Sign" by Ace of Base on repeat.

Jesda
10-30-06, 12:32 PM
I use a PSP. After I listen to music in the car, I take it into the office and play Hot Shots Golf or watch episodes of The Office.

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 12:43 PM
I use a PSP. After I listen to music in the car, I take it into the office and play Hot Shots Golf or watch episodes of The Office.

On a side note...This is kinda cool but my brother got 100 old school Nintendo games, 70 segga genesis games, and about 60 super nintendo games downloaded on to his PSP over the weekend....Very Cool!

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 01:07 PM
I haven't read through all the posts but I would NOT get a ipod when there are so so ma ny other options out there for the same price or less that are so much more versatile. Try hitting on CNET and research them. I personally would go for the zune or the micro Zen

Elvis
10-30-06, 01:11 PM
About two years ago I bought a CREATIVE mp3 player. A lot of people said it was crap, but I've been very happy with it.

Over 5800 songs stored, 30 gig. It's about time to think about buying another one and let this just be a backup. There should be some big sales after Christmas.

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 01:15 PM
I haven't read through all the posts but I would NOT get a ipod when there are so so ma ny other options out there for the same price or less that are so much more versatile. Try hitting on CNET and research them. I personally would go for the zune or the micro Zen

I know theres a lot more and better mp3 players then the Ipod but it seems like they make way more items and accessories for the IPOD....

DopeStar 156
10-30-06, 01:18 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooo......

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 01:19 PM
what all kind of accessories do you need? Cases, speakers, headsets, adapters, they all can be found on the web somewhere or another. The zens and the zune particularly the zune will have all the support the ipods get but may take a minute or two. I mean how many different Ipod speaker setups can one person use......
What are the particular accessories you are looking for?

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 01:39 PM
what all kind of accessories do you need? Cases, speakers, headsets, adapters, they all can be found on the web somewhere or another. The zens and the zune particularly the zune will have all the support the ipods get but may take a minute or two. I mean how many different Ipod speaker setups can one person use......
What are the particular accessories you are looking for?

I dunno...Cool Accessories....Dude, dont make me think right now...I feel sick and its hella cold outside

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 01:51 PM
Ok I have an iPod mini
holds 1,000 songs
I'm very happy with it
You can put songs from your cds on to your Ipod by uploading them to iTunes (you get that with your iPod)
You also get a usb cord that comes with it which you can charge your iPod with when connected to your computer or laptop
I've had my iPod for three years now and my whole family has one except my mom
Dad loves it since he can take it on flights
Sister can run with it at tennis practice
Brother watches episodes of family guy on his

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 02:37 PM
Sorry rey rey the ipod is the best option for the ease of aquiring the "Hey what the hell is that?" response. There are quite alot of speakers you can hook it into to but for the most part its all the same.

Night Wolf
10-30-06, 03:23 PM
1) do not listen to "holds XXX songs" or "holds XXX minutes" That is BS. Look at the fine print... its usually 96kbbs, which is total junk (192 is my personal min, I try to go for 320) Also in mono most the time, and the "song" is about 2-3mins long, thats how they come up with that.... same as the "XXX battery life" yeah, its with the volume all the way down, nothing else on, no buttons pressed etc.... Don't give in to the marketing.

2) Any HDD based player is NOT good for running, or any type of active sports. They have an actual hard drive... as many know, hard drives don't like to be bumped around... take laptops for example. Well, the Ipod (minus the Shuffle) uses a hard drive, they do have a memory buffer tho... keeps the music from skipping. It isn't uncommon for the Ipod to fail after a year of use from an active person (running/jogging/biking etc...) I would reccomend a flash based player if doing any sort of sports. The iPod is good for in the car, office etc.. where it isn't moved around much. Alot of people use the Ipod with active sports, they'll work... for awhile... but it wasn't made for that.

I have a 256mb iRiver flash player, I have 40 songs on it, most are 320kbbs and are 3-5mins long. I like flash players... a 1gb flash player is quite nice, its no big deal to hook it up to the computer to change the songs.... or I just leave it an listen to the same songs... or radio. iRiver makes a very good product.

I would get the 30gb Ipod over the 8gb Nano.... I think the abality to watch movies is awesome... I've downloaded every season of Futurama and Family Guy, it would be awesome to load them on there and take it with me when going on a vacation or flight or something.

I was going to get the Ipod, but for $250, I'd rather get a Sony PSP.... so much better... and it plays music. I am going to wait until the 2nd gen PSP comes out and they fix the problem with the joystick... I've played it, it kicks butt, but is a PITA and hurts my thumb. My friend has a 1gb flash card in his PSP and has put entire movies on it as well as songs... its awesome... and it plays games, connects to the internet... just go to Starbucks, and the wireless modem inside picks up the signal and you can surf the full, real web, not a stripped down cell-phone based version.

ejguillot
10-30-06, 03:41 PM
If you get an Ipod, I would get the 8gb Nano if I were you. The HDD based players are just too fragile for everyday use IMHO (I own a 40GB 4th gen Ipod that just crashed it's 2nd hard disk...). If you drop a HDD Ipod, it's likely toast (if not then then soon), a flash ram one can be far tougher.

gary88
10-30-06, 04:13 PM
I'd go for the 30 gig video. I bought a 30 gig ipod photo the day it came out, and haven't had a SINGLE problem with it ever since. Its been dropped, in the rain, thrown around, and gone through a lot of other experiences and it still works perfect.

Also it won't hurt to have extra space. I have 1605 songs imported at 192 kbps, and that used up 7.08 gigs. I'm going to start using 320kbps now, so all that extra space is going to come in handy now.

Elvis
10-30-06, 04:18 PM
All this talk about 320 reminds me, SPEND THE MONEY on a good seat of earphones. Get the kind that go into the ear canal.

You'll get better bass, and you'll be amazed at the difference in sound quality between 128, 192, and 320. Without the good earphones you can't always tell the difference.

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 04:18 PM
there are definitely pros and cons to HDD and Flash the iriver is a great mp3 player. there are alot of things to take into account. Like do you mind hooking it up to the PC to change songs....if you don't then you dont need much more than a gig or two. If you want video then the bigger ipods or the zen vision or archos players are better suited.
I haven't mentioned the PSP because I think its in a league of its own and i really don't think you are looking for that much of a all in one system.
I think for the price though you can get a PSP 199 and then a 2 gig card for 50 or 75 and then be done. Plus so much more options down the road.
THe recorded bit rate is another issue like nightwolf said. You can have the same song take up alot more or alot less of your memory. I think just buy what you like the loks of and then all else will fall in line. You can make your cell phone your MP3 player if yolu wanted to so its all in preference i think.

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 04:20 PM
as far as headphones go for some shurs or etymotics

Elvis
10-30-06, 04:25 PM
I got Shures. Spent something like $250 for them. Worth every penny.

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 04:30 PM
I agree Elvis. Shures are great...real quality sound. I have a set of
Etymotic ER-6 Isolators they have amazing sound comparing them to my sony MDRs. worth the extra 100 bucks.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 05:58 PM
I bought the 30gig model. $268 well spent! I'm loading it up now...

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 06:01 PM
I bought the 30gig model. $268 well spent! I'm loading it up now...

Nice! Congrats you'll love it!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 06:03 PM
2nd time this month I spent $260 on audio equipment....

I gotta stop!!

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 06:06 PM
well if it makes you feel better I've spent over $1,000 of my money on plane tickets in the last two month... iPod kept me company on those flights hehe

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 06:08 PM
Oh but it could be so much more...

gary88
10-30-06, 06:41 PM
I've spent $30 on steaks in the past 2 days :highfive:

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 07:04 PM
I've spent $30 on steaks in the past 2 days :highfive:

NUMMY!

JRau
10-30-06, 07:16 PM
Here's my advice based on my cousin, friend, mom, and Ms. DS's sister's experiences with iPods......

Collect the $299 you're gonna buy it with and walk outta the room, make the appropriate turns to your bathroom, lift the toilet lid and deposit the money into the toilet. Take hold of the handle and pull down. If you're lucky enough and someone in your family is negligent, you may already find an "iPod" in there and save yourself some money........

Dopestar,

TOO FUNNY!!! That one made my night!

Oh, BTW, how your main squeeze like her toenails the other night? That was pretty funny, too.

JRau in central Iowa

SpeedyArizona
10-30-06, 07:30 PM
Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it (and have fun spending $$$ on all the accessories:D).

Everyone's always telling me to buy an Ipod but I guess I have no use for one. Whenever I go out for a jog in the mornings, I like to have it completely quiet. No music, no tv, no nothing except me and the natural beauty down here.

On flights I suppose I'd like it but other than that it'd probably sit around and collect dust.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 07:33 PM
I'm gonna use mine for running, and to listen to in my room when I wanna relax.

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 07:56 PM
To Gary88: iPods come in handy at DePaul. You can listen to them on the El and walking to/from classes. Plus some professors post Podcasts (aka recordings of the class) which can come in handy for midterms and finals.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 07:58 PM
I love listening to my MP3 player between classes!

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 08:04 PM
It saves me on the El when the weird people sit next to you and try to talk to you. Cell phone texting comes in handy too!

gary88
10-30-06, 08:23 PM
To Gary88: iPods come in handy at DePaul. You can listen to them on the El and walking to/from classes. Plus some professors post Podcasts (aka recordings of the class) which can come in handy for midterms and finals.

Thats good to know, thanks! I think I remember hearing something about podcasts at the open house.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 09:51 PM
I'm uploading music on iTunes right now. Average CD takes 7-8 minutes, I've got like 30-35 CD's to do tonight.. man it's gonna be a long night!

From my limited usage, I've really started to like this. The design is impeccable, it's so clean..very european feeling, if I didn't know it was designed in California, I'd swear it was a German product. Everything about it feels high quality and high tech, just like all of Macintosh's products. You know, you could sell it as a "Sharper Image" product and jack the price up, people would still buy it!!

gary88
10-30-06, 10:12 PM
I suggest you invest in a protective film or case if you want to preserve that "new" feeling. These things scratch REAL easily.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 10:29 PM
I can imagine, there are tons of finger prints all over it! It doesn't help that I bought the black model.

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 10:49 PM
Yeah I got some good dings on my green one. It made a good spill running one day... my poor ipod :(

Night Wolf
10-30-06, 11:12 PM
for bugdet priced headphones, I absolutly reccomend the Grado SR-60. Awesome phones. I really, really like the WWII style design too. They are about $60, and you'll have to spend at LEAST 3x the price to get anything close in comparison. My only dislikes are the 5 foot? cord... its nice when at home and listening to music, but if used on the go, its a big PITA. also, these are phones for sitting somewhere, not active sports... and finally, these things can dub as speakers (as I have did tonight) and if you play them at all, even at very low volumes, everyone around you will hear them.

So I have the Grado's for home use, for portable use I like ear bud type... I had a pair of Aiwa (back when I used to think Aiwa was the best....waaaaay back) earbuds, that while they still work... just started falling apart. Replaced them with some really nice $15 Phillips buds from Wal Mart, really cool design that actually works, sounds good too, I like it alot. Those noise canceling Sennheisher ear buds for a few hundred bucks would be awesome.... but those are too much money.

I've spent about $2,000 on the sound system in the Caddy, that I built all myself.... then it all got stolen. I have countless amounts of money into my home system(s) that I've collected over the years... I love my music, and the systems I play them on... its a hobby for me.... just like cars.

If I had an Ipod, I would get one of the new CD players for the car that can dock with the Ipod. I miss my MP3-CD player Alpine in the DeVille.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 11:20 PM
Rick, I know you're an audiophile, and your advice means a lot to me, I'll have to check that brand out. But the headphones included in the package are great, very clear, crisp sound, much better than the $21 Phillips headphones I purchased about two months ago.. I only hope they'll last as long as the Phillips have.

slk230mb
10-30-06, 11:24 PM
Invest in the Agent 18 iPod shield. It's $25 and worth every cent. My 60 gig video sat on my desk until it came. Almost a year later, not a single scratch.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/4.RSLID?mco=E30A5B9C&nplm=TC549LL%2FA

gary88
10-30-06, 11:33 PM
Rick, I know you're an audiophile, and your advice means a lot to me, I'll have to check that brand out. But the headphones included in the package are great, very clear, crisp sound, much better than the $21 Phillips headphones I purchased about two months ago.. I only hope they'll last as long as the Phillips have.

Trust me on this one, those earphones are pure crap! I didn't have my ipod longer than 2 days before I bought new earphones. I bought Sony Fontopia MDR-EX71SLs for $50. They actually go inside your ear as opposed to sitting on your ear like the Apple earbuds. It's a world of difference.

http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/30/33/Sony_Fontopia_Headphones_MDR-EX71SL-resized200.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 11:43 PM
Holy crap you guys! Isn't $50 for some earbuds a little much? I cringed when I paid $21.99 for those Phillips. Heck, I usually buy the $13.99 Sony models, but they only last a month or two..go figure.

gary88
10-30-06, 11:46 PM
Well there are some really nice Shure earbuds that go for about $400 :lildevil:

Rey Rey 650
10-31-06, 01:07 AM
You should get one of these....It protects the IPOD really well and you can clip it while you run...Ive dropped it numerous times and it still works great....

http://www.iskin.com/eVo3gallery/features.html

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-31-06, 08:12 AM
It's a super grippy cover that will protect it from the elements? Sweet! I'll have to look into that..

xxpinballxx
10-31-06, 09:26 AM
for the case or a protective cover I suggest the boxwave.com site. There you can get a clear silicone case that works amazingly well.

Those headphones for 15 dollars aren't worth the gas money to drive and get them. Trust us go and invest, notice i said invest and not buy, in a good quality set of earphones. I have the MDR 71sl's and they are great but there is something about etymotics that keep me referring back to them. Sure I paid 189.99 for them but you won't see me buying anymore for quite some time.

Elvis
10-31-06, 12:27 PM
Trust me on this one, those earphones are pure crap! I didn't have my ipod longer than 2 days before I bought new earphones. I bought Sony Fontopia MDR-EX71SLs for $50. They actually go inside your ear as opposed to sitting on your ear like the Apple earbuds. It's a world of difference.

http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/30/33/Sony_Fontopia_Headphones_MDR-EX71SL-resized200.jpg

I had a set of those Sonys pictured above. Great quality sound, LOUSY durability. The insulation just wore right off of the wires. Almost like it dissolved.

I read that a lot of other people had the same thing happen, Sony must have had something screw up in the rubber compound they used.

I bought these Shure E3c earbuds. The price has apparently gone down since then. :( You can get them for $180 at Circuit City, plus you get a $15 gift card.

http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/images/e3c_large.jpg

I'm not kidding, spend the money on high-quality earphones and you will NOT regret it.

Rey Rey 650
10-31-06, 01:04 PM
It's a super grippy cover that will protect it from the elements? Sweet! I'll have to look into that..

I've owned a couple different kinds of cases and i found that the one i posted is my favorite

gary88
10-31-06, 05:26 PM
I had a set of those Sonys pictured above. Great quality sound, LOUSY durability. The insulation just wore right off of the wires. Almost like it dissolved.

I read that a lot of other people had the same thing happen, Sony must have had something screw up in the rubber compound they used.

That's whats happening to mine. The wires are exposed on part of them now.

caddycruiser
10-31-06, 09:13 PM
You know the weird thing about the headphones? I've now had 3 different mp3 players--a RCA Lyra, an iPod shuffle, and my current Transcend T610--all of which had crappy standard earbuds that all either sounded fuzzy or just buzzy. Never bought new ones, because still--10 years after the fact--the BEST ones I've ever had and ever listened to ANYTHING through are the set of earbuds that came with my Gameboy that long ago.

You'd think they'd be even worse, coming from something like a 1st gen Gameboy, but they're still the only headphones I've used that sound crystal clear and reproduce the sound exactly as it's meant to be--and I never had to buy another set. These ones are already a decade old and still perfect, so maybe they'll last a lifetime...haha...

Good luck with the iPod!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-06, 09:42 PM
I Gottta Sony 20 Gigi Plasya Its Blovws Sa Icarpouuts That Watrer

Night Wolf
10-31-06, 09:57 PM

They are an awesome set of phones... just read reviews on them.

I like headphones alot... just the idea that you can go into your own world, or take music with you... and living in an apartment, I can play the music any volume I want, and not worry. Nice phones like these Grados.... are very comfortable, and don't feel like a regular headphone, I can listen for hours (as I am right now) and forget I even have them on. Powering the headphones I use a headphone amp that my friend built me... its really awesome (Grado headphone amp clone) but even being powered by my tiny iRiver MP3 player, they kick butt.

In-ear canal ear buds are awesome, those $15 Phillips I got are canal buds... they really are nice. They don't sound all that good, but with the extensive eq. settings on the iRiver, I am able to get them sounding pretty darn good for what they are, I am happy. I'd like those get those nice Shure or Senhesier ear buds, as I like ear buds alot for their portability and qietness to others.

The SR-60's are Grado's lowest set in the Prestige series (since they dropped the 40's) There is a little trick with the foam padding you can do that slightly improve the sound that I can show you. The SR-80's are nice, but more money... they have a bigger driver for more bass. My friend (same one that made me the amp) has the SR-125's which are really nice (won them in a raffle) My 60's have a mini plug... easy to use with small portable devices, I think the 80's and I know the 125's have the larger phone plug... and interestingly, when I compared my 60's to the 125's side by side... powered by a small portable device, my 60's sounded better.... only when we hooked them up to his expensive integrated amp for the home, I could hear a difference in his (cost about 3 times as much as mine)... pretty cool... goes to show that mine, tho cheaper, are more suited for use by smaller players.

The Grado SR-60's have got to be one of the best deals around tho. I was going to make a thread about them last week, just talking about them in general.

http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-headphone-type/ear-pad-type/grado-sr-60.php

http://www.gradolabs.com/product_pages/sr60.htm

http://www.stereophile.com/headphones/532/

reviews:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Grado_SR60/4505-6468_7-30618194.html

comparing the 60's and 80's

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/60vs80.htm

Just do a Google search for Grado SR-60.... lotta info... these things have been unchanged for plenty years, I totally dig the styling... one of the best values to be had.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-06, 09:58 PM
Wolf @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!111

Night Wolf
11-01-06, 09:21 PM
Wolf @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!111

lol...usually I understand you man... but.... :).