: I live in the most dangerous city in America!

Jesda
10-30-06, 10:00 AM
http://www.monafay.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.19.jpg
I'm totally scared scared here. There's a Jewish temple an eighth of a mile down the road and they're known to make trouble.

The US Senior Open was hosted at the country club down the road, and along this same road, President Bush stayed overnight at someone's house. I'm barely surviving. Sometimes, I wonder if I'll ever make it out of here.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/n...sp=34 (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-30-city-crime_x.htm?csp=34)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/n...x.htm (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-10-30-city-crime-list_x.htm)

Morgan said the study looks at crime only within St. Louis city limits, with a population of about 330,000. It doesn't take into account the suburbs in St. Louis County, which has roughly 980,000 residents.

The entire metro area has nearly three million people. Basically, take the worst neighborhood in your city, then count only that neighborhood in your crime statistics. Terrible way of coming up with rankings. There's some crap neighborhoods, but there's no reason to visit them, ever. This isn't Flint.

CadillacGurl
10-30-06, 10:32 AM
And I thought Chicago was bad...

RobertCTS
10-30-06, 10:47 AM
The crime rate would go down Jesda if you would move out.:bouncy: j/k

Elvis
10-30-06, 10:54 AM
First you take the World Series from Detroit, now you take this too!

Where's it going to stop?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 11:05 AM
Isn't the bad part of St Louis the East side? I thought that's what I heard.

dp102288
10-30-06, 11:10 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/116289,CST-NWS-saint30.article

NJ is so weird! Brick Nj is the safest city, but last year Camden was the most dagerous city.

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 12:11 PM
I saw that today Jesda...STL the most dangerous!
And I was just there and didnt even know it....
By the way thanks to whoever it was that recommended the Imo's Pizza.
I loved the thin crust and all the cheeses

malcolm
10-30-06, 12:57 PM
East St Louis is actually in Illinois and it's fun. Lots of strip bars. Fun

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 02:30 PM
hey I live in cleveland which was up on the dangerous side and a suburb of it is 5 on the safest so that goes to show you every city has its areas you don't want ot wander into to.

gothicaleigh
10-30-06, 07:10 PM
You may have taken number one from us, but that's just because we spread the evil around. Number two (Detroit) and number three (Flint) are both in Michigan. :D

:p

gary88
10-30-06, 07:38 PM
In the 60s my town used to have an ordinance where black people weren't supposed to be outside after 7:00 pm. :eek:

SpeedyArizona
10-30-06, 08:48 PM
In the 60s my town used to have an ordinance where black people weren't supposed to be outside after 7:00 pm.

In the 20's, 30's, and 40's my hometown used to be a major supplier of illegal whiskey:D. We also used to have 30 bars in a town of nearly 1000 people, there's something wrong with that picture...

But back to the original topic. I hate how most surveys take the worst neighborhoods in a city and get their information from that. Phoenix itself isn't the safest place in the world but when you take into account only 1/5 of the population lives in the city itself, the crime rate is fairly low.

thydarkprevails
10-30-06, 09:35 PM
yeah, i don't buy that list..first off, i lived in chicago for years, the southside, not a nice town

second, now i live in joliet, once again, not a nice town

and third, i used to work in gary indiana, it once had the highest murder per capita ratio as soon as 10 years ago..and believe me, it did not improve...

there is no way that list is accurate...troy michigan near the top?..lol..i've been there a few dozen times....if local residents sleeping in their houses, with nothing going on is dangerous, than i was close to death lol

davesdeville
10-31-06, 09:51 AM

Yes.

I stopped for gas there on my way back from buying my ETC. A 17 year old white dude in a nice Caddy. I should've stopped for gas somewhere else. It's exactly like the south valley of Albuquerque.

Flyin-Ryan
11-06-06, 04:00 PM
Hey I figure if your going to doing something, be the best at it.

I love living in St. louis, we all do our part to contribute to the crime. no one person made us number one. It was a team effort

ShadowLvr400
11-06-06, 04:54 PM
I wonder how many murders there have been. Orlando, FL has been getting very bad lately. 50 some odd murders thus far this year.

DDS rollin a CTS
11-07-06, 12:14 AM
I'm in Indianapolis, IN and we're ranked th 51st most dangerous city (#230).

Murders have skyrocketed here in the past year. A few months ago a guy killed an entire family exicution style, 7 people including several children, because he heard from someone else that they kept a large amount of cash in thier home. Instead he got about $50 and a death sentance. Drugs are a big part of the rising crime I think. Meth use is spreading around here like a wildfire in a southern california suburb. Why cant these people hurry up and kill themselves and leave those of us who are actually productive members of society alone?

Jesda
11-07-06, 01:14 AM
Indy has its own crime show now! "Close to Home" with Jennifer Finnegan. Take THAT, Law and Order.

Wiseguy2
11-07-06, 03:05 AM
I can't buy this.. I mean, I lived in St Louis for a few years.. it's got some lousy parts like anywhere else but it's not that bad.

EcSTSatic
11-07-06, 10:00 AM
Like we learned in my MBA program;
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics - Mark twain

dp102288
11-07-06, 10:51 AM
^^ Good quote! :histeric:

Flyin-Ryan
11-07-06, 12:02 PM
I like that quote...try this one...

"people can use statistics to prove anything, 90% of the people know that" Homer Simpson

EcSTSatic
11-07-06, 02:48 PM
Figures don't lie, but liars figure.
Statistics means never having to say you're certain
A statistician drowned while crossing a stream that was, on average, 6 inches deep
Most people use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than enlightenment.
An engineer, a physicist, and a statistician were moose hunting in northern Canada. After a short walk through the marshes they spotted a HUGE moose 150 metres away. The engineer raised his gun and fired at the moose. A puff of dust showed that the bullet landed 3 metres to the right of the moose. The physicist, realizing that there was a substantial breeze that the engineer did not account for, aimed to the left of the moose and fired. The bullet landed 3 metres to the left of the moose. The statistician jumped up and down and screamed "We got him! We got him!"

Elvis
11-07-06, 05:05 PM
Memphis was the rape capital (per capita) for several years. It might still be for all I know.

dp102288
11-08-06, 11:42 AM
EcSTSatic, great post! :histeric:

Bad info on Memphis. :(