: Brush, Foam, or Gel

frey
10-29-06, 07:57 PM
I've been using a brush and shaving soap for years. A friend told me today I need to get into the 21st century and hop on the foam or gel train.

What do you use?

Brush
Foam
Gel

CIWS
10-29-06, 08:01 PM
I use just plain Gel, never tried it with a brush.

;)

Vesicant
10-29-06, 08:04 PM
I actually tend to use an electric shaver now adays just because I think its easier but otherwise when I use the razor, its Gel.

gary88
10-29-06, 08:16 PM
When I use a razor I use gel, leaves my face nice and smooth :cloud9:

I need to get a new electric shaver, mine quit working out of nowhere :rant2:

Rolex
10-29-06, 08:31 PM
Real men shave dry with a buck knife.

I use gel. :rolleyes:

CIWS
10-29-06, 08:36 PM
Real men shave dry with a buck knife.

I use gel. :rolleyes:

HAHAH or perhaps a Kukri.

AlBundy
10-29-06, 08:40 PM
Soap or dry. I know I'm still in the dark ages and there's hope for gel but(off topic) I will never use one of those little spongy thinks with the liquid soap since were talking about the 21st century.

CadillacGurl
10-29-06, 08:43 PM
Gel!! :D

codewize
10-29-06, 08:52 PM
I also use electric but if I have to use a blade I use foam.

slk230mb
10-29-06, 09:07 PM
Gel.

JRau
10-30-06, 12:08 AM
I prefer foam with a Gillete Atra Plus.

"Inquiring minds want to know...."

JRau

Kev
10-30-06, 12:25 AM
HAHAH or perhaps a Kukri.Ha! I've got a Kukri that I could shave with though I wouldn't recommend it.

I use what ever I can get. Nothing wrong with a brush and shaving soap. I still have one but haven't used it in years. I should get a cake and go for it. I usually use the cheapest cream I can find.

c5 rv
10-30-06, 12:41 AM
I've used an electric shaver for about 35 years. A number of years ago, I had to use a razor and shaving cream while out of town once. It wasn't pretty.

Due to my wife's disability, I have to shave her legs. I tried a number of different electric shavers, but nothing worked well. So I use a razor and gel on her with OK results. (At least the blood loss is minimal.)

Spyder
10-30-06, 01:24 AM
Rolex...funny you say that...when I was a kid (through the highschool years and a freshman at college), I used a Schrade Old Timer that I kept clean, dry and ridiculously sharp for just that reason. I got the knife for easter one year when I was young and never had the extra cash for a real razor so I learned how to sharpen a knife and spent about four years shaving with a lockback pocketknife.

I use an electric for work and a Mach3 with gel if I need to get close for whatever reason...hot date, interview, etc...

RobertCTS
10-30-06, 06:02 AM
I use a Braun Electric for daily use. If I must for special events will use The Bic throw away razor for sensitive skin and Edge gel for sensitive skin. Burns the hell out of my neck!:mad:

CIWS
10-30-06, 07:50 AM
Ha! I've got a Kukri that I could shave with though I wouldn't recommend it.

Pick one :D ;)

http://www.ciws.info/blades.jpg

So far I think Gel is winning hands down. :)

JimHare
10-30-06, 08:05 AM
Wussies..I pound my whiskers in with a ball peen hammer and bite them off from the inside... :banana:

Kev
10-30-06, 08:29 AM
Pick one :D ;)

http://www.ciws.info/blades.jpg

So far I think Gel is winning hands down. :)The one on the bottom please.

That's very similar to the one I have. Nice to see you have at least two of the small blades with it. One of mine is missing. Mine is from India and am told dates back to the late 19th century, standard army issue.

Very nice.

xxpinballxx
10-30-06, 08:34 AM
Well I use a electric shaver on the face but use foam on the ole noggin!
I have seen somewhere that the brush and shaving soap gives the closest shave. THat is with a sharb blade. SOme how the brush and circle motion you use to put it on relaxes the hairs more and they sort of expand since it warms them up. Then once done splash cool water on the face and it will make the hairs retract and Voila! SMOOOOOTTTHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesda
10-30-06, 08:59 AM
I Pick Foamy!

dp102288
10-30-06, 10:35 AM
Razor and water. Nothing special for me.

I can't even vote on the poll. :(

90Brougham350
10-30-06, 10:40 AM
Can of Barbasol and a Mach 3. Electric razors just don't get close enough for me.

Elvis
10-30-06, 10:56 AM
Either gel in the shower or electric.

I have one of those really cool vibrating Gillette razors. Really makes a difference.

Cool avatar, frey! I used that one for several years on a baseball forum.

CIWS
10-30-06, 12:12 PM
I have one of those really cool vibrating Gillette razors. Really makes a difference.

Yeah me too. I thought looking at them that it was just some kind of gimmick, but it does make a difference. I can wet shave (just water) with it and no big deal.

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 12:14 PM
Foam Handsoap from bath and body works.... I ran out of gel and tried that and liked it....

P-Funk
10-30-06, 12:45 PM
I use a Braun Electric for daily use. If I must for special events will use The Bic throw away razor for sensitive skin and Edge gel for sensitive skin. Burns the hell out of my neck!:mad:

Yeah, shaving burns my neck too. :mad2: I've found the best way for me is to put lotion on my neck about 30 minutes before shaving and then use my electric shaver with the gel. It's still irritating but bearable.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-30-06, 01:22 PM
Electric. I have to take my time or I leave a few hairs out... Damn crevaces!

RobertCTS
10-30-06, 01:30 PM
Yeah, shaving burns my neck too. :mad2: I've found the best way for me is to put lotion on my neck about 30 minutes before shaving and then use my electric shaver with the gel. It's still irritating but bearable.

You must have a wet-dry electric razor? My Braun is but I've never tried it with lather.

Actually I get my best results from a very old straight razor, sharpened with a leather strap.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/101410003929_07_07.jpg

CIWS
10-30-06, 01:45 PM
Real men will cover their facial hair in honey and let the Army Ants clean it all off. :thumbsup:

Rey Rey 650
10-30-06, 01:48 PM
Or you can just pluck each individual hair with a tweezer

RobertCTS
10-30-06, 02:31 PM
Or you can just pluck each individual hair with a tweezer

I understood the American Indian plucked out facial hair. Never saw an idian with a beard.?

P-Funk
10-30-06, 02:54 PM
You must have a wet-dry electric razor?

Yep. Reduces the irritation a lot. (Too bad it doesn't work on women :hide: ).

CIWS
10-30-06, 03:04 PM
I understood the American Indian plucked out facial hair. Never saw an idian with a beard.?

Yep mostly for hygiene purposes. Plucked or singed. Although there are a few who did grow facial hair. More than likely old pics out there on the net somewhere. :)

DaveSmed
10-30-06, 03:35 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davesmed/grinder.jpg

Elvis
10-30-06, 05:14 PM

No wonder they were always in such a shitty mood in all those John Wayne movies.

davesdeville
10-31-06, 09:57 AM
The only thing strong enough to cut my beard, is my beard itself. Just like Chuck Norris.

dp102288
10-31-06, 10:30 AM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/davesmed/grinder.jpg

For when you really need to shave... :fan: