Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New to the site, need some Double Din HELP!!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cad08stsv 
#1 ·
Im new to this site. Just got a 2003 Deville without the Bose. I was looking to put a double din navi unit in the car like the pioneer d2 or something to that effect. Could anyone give me some information on if it will fit, what i will have to fab or what i could buy to make it fit? thanks ahed of time for all your input.

i did a search on the site and only found one guy who did this in his 99 and im not sure thats got the same dash as my 2003.

Pete

#2 ·
The double din stereo will not fit in any deville models/DHS/DTS without having it custom built. There is no kit to make it fit and you will need a special wiring harness that runs aywhere from 65-85 dollars. If you have a regular no onstar no bose system about 65. With Bose and onstar 85. You will also most likly have to bypass the factory amp because it will refuse the signal from the new stereo and just make a hissing noise out of one door, or no noise at all. To bypass you will have to remove the back seat then remove the upper part of the back seat then move some of the carpet from the driver side and you wil see the factory amp with all the wires. Dissconnect it and cut the wire. You may need a drill battery for this. Strip all the wire from the part of the amp you just dissconnected and find the positeves and negatives. Touch them to the drill + and - and listen for the speakers to make a poping sound once you that then you found one speaker do this until you find all four. Then with some speaker wire run all the wires to the back of the stereo and connect the to the back of the harness, and put back everything how it was. I just telling you this if you want to save a few bucks. Or you can just take it to a place where they do custom work.

#4 ·
I'm the guy who has the Pioneer D2 radio in the 99. I did a search but I can't seem to find any install kits for 2000-2005 Devilles at all. I know they're out there because I seen a 2005 deville with an aftermarket radio in it. It was single din but it had a pocket under the radio, so it would be able to fit a double din radio. If you can find a single din radio install kit/dash kit, just cut the pocket out. There's more to it than that, but that is basically in a nutshell what you do. I know they don't make double din kits for 97-99 Devilles but i don't know about 00-05 Devilles. They probably don't make double dins for 00-05 either.

For my 99 deville, all I did was take the stock radio out. CadillacETC1997 helped me with the wiring and stuff(I suck with electronics, I just make stuff). Once the radio was out, the Pioneer unit was too small to fit where the montrous stock radio was. And the trim piece that goes around the stock radio needed the stock radio to fit back because that's what it clipped to. The dash kit did two things. It gave the trim piece something to hold onto in place of the stock radio, and it holds the Pioneer HU and fills in the space. I did have to break this tab in the cavity where the stock radio used to go because the pioneer is longer than the stock radio and it wouldn't go back far enough into the hole until I broke the tab.

#10 ·
The part you are looking for is:
Merta 99-2005 Designed for 99 - 05 Seville or Deville.
I found it on Amazon.com for $16.00 plus 8.95 shipping.
The part will come to you as discribed by the other people
here. If you want to have the part modified for your double din
head unit by some one eles then that would cost more.
You will also please not the color of the part, more than likely,
is not going to be the color you want as it is almost black.
SEM paint will take care of that problem. you need the color code
of you dash. Good luck with your project. Send photos to the forum
for all to admire.
Russell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.