: Almost Wrecked it....Stoney Style

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 12:56 PM
Ok , so my never ending bad shit saga continues. Get a call this morning , mom forgot something and wanted me to bring it to her. So i grab the item and make my way to my little brothers school where she is. I get there and the damn school buses have blocked the road to the parking area. So i have to back all the way out of this curved lane thing. I start backing up and turning when i see this little white car coming at me. I forgot about the curb and up and over i went and all sorts of noises bangs and crinkiling occurs. Turns out the little white car was parked. Damn .....

So I say "to hell with it" and leave the car and bring this stupid item to my mom. She says "did you have any trouble?" I said "naww , i only destoryed my car bringing you an ice pack". A ****ING ICE PACK!!!

I go back to the car and try to move it but its laying on the curb on the right side of the unibody. It wont move but it will make cool noises and do smoky burnouts. Mom proceeds to give me a bunch of shit for hurting the car. Than asks if i can hurry up and get it off there so she can be with my little brother. I looked up and said "just leave , ive had enough of everyone kissing his ass".

So , im pissed , try shoveing the spare under the right front to get it out but it wont work. Time to call a wrecker....

Hour later tow guy rolls up. First words out his mouth are "i aint touching the car till you sign a damage waver".

SHIT that doesnt sound good at all.

Im pretty much screwed , mom and the rest of my family have left me there to be with my little brother, takeing the pickup with them. I sign the stupid waver and he hooks a chain up to the car and drags it like a toy behind this powerstroke ford. More noises , hissing , check engine lamp comes on , service ABS comes on , and im now pushing the brake as hard as i can and screaming at this guy to stop. Hes drug me another 20 feet down this curb. I get out , now the right front tire is destoryed. He says "im gonna keep dragging you over to that spot". He gets in and proceeds to drag me further. At this point i say to myself "if anyones destorying this car it will be me". As im being drug along i fire the engine up , slam from nutral to drive and floor it. It littlerally flew off the curb and ended up sideways on the lane.

Guy gets out and says "need that tire changed?". "I said no , please leave i dont want it any more damaged, just leave". Threw the spare on pretty much flat and limped it home. Its plastic underliners and shit flapping around under it.

Luckily the wheel is ok , so ive ordered a exact replacement tire from tire rack (a 06 deville tire). Im im gonna throw one of my stock 94 tire and wheel combos on it for now. Then im gonna get it on stands and figure out what all is wrong under it.

Carnage pics soon ....

CadillacGurl
10-28-06, 01:13 PM
Shit man I'm so sorry... I thought I was having a shitty day...
Feel better..

Florian
10-28-06, 01:47 PM
sweet fancy Moses, Stoney....tell mom to get her own ****ing ice next time.

F

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 01:47 PM
damn right !!!

Kev
10-28-06, 01:54 PM
Mike! What up Dude?! You need a weather change my brother. You've got to get out from under that black cloud that's following you around.

Has your dream of auto design died completely? I'd hoped you'd be out my way by this time. 'Course, you never know what life will throw at you, I've made some fairly drastic changes in the last 6 months myself.

Love you Bro,

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 01:59 PM
Mike! What up Dude?! You need a weather change my brother. You've got to get out from under that black cloud that's following you around.

Has your dream of auto design died completely? I'd hoped you'd be out my way by this time. 'Course, you never know what life will throw at you, I've made some fairly drastic changes in the last 6 months myself.

Love you Bro,

yeah , damn black coulds crampin my style ....im about to the point where im just gonna say "**** it" and go to cali....first it was i needed to pay off some bills , then i got pissed and tried to move out so i grabbed a job ....almos had the place , then lost the job ...burned up 6 months with nothin to show for it

CadillacSTS42005
10-28-06, 02:00 PM
damn bro
im sorry damn
looks like those mods of yours to get you up in HP will have to wait till you get in back in shape...

slk230mb
10-28-06, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear it Mike. I have faith that Gladys will be back to normal in no time at all.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 02:26 PM
Jesus dude!! Looks like the curse is back! What's the worst that could happen? Damaged underbody?

CadillacSTS42005
10-28-06, 02:42 PM
worst could happen is underbody damage
ROFL!!!
suspension
steering/rack
frame
cradel....
shall i continue?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 02:48 PM
So Jason, when somebody asks a valid question, are you always so insulting?
Oh, and you spelled cradle wrong, the L is before the E.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

This incident sounds like what happens to Davesdeville's Eldorado a while back.

urbanski
10-28-06, 03:00 PM
worst could happen is underbody damage
ROFL!!!
suspension
steering/rack
frame
cradel....
shall i continue?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

its cool

i'm sure stoney knows we're all laughing at him and not with him

urbanski
10-28-06, 03:01 PM
lol 14 stars

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 03:03 PM

I'm not laughing, I feel bad for the guy. He's got terrible, terrible luck recently.

Wiseguy2
10-28-06, 03:51 PM
That sucks :( Hope you can get it fixed easily.

90Brougham350
10-28-06, 03:53 PM
Stoney, this blows. This really really blows. You were able to drive it home, that's alot better than I figured when I first started reading. Well, I'll be thinking the car, I can only offer my best wishes that things aren't as bad as they might be and that she'll be back to good shortly.

90Brougham350
10-28-06, 03:54 PM
its cool

Oh God I hope that's sarcasm.

urbanski
10-28-06, 04:04 PM
um yeah it is

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 04:27 PM
Who just gave me rep points because of this thread? I need to know so I can give them points back!!

Adam
10-28-06, 04:29 PM
whoops! my bad. i thought you were a supporter :) . that was me bro!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 04:35 PM
Oh ok, I thought that was you. The "bro" gave it away. :D

You'll get your points!

gary88
10-28-06, 04:48 PM
That really blows, hate to hear about that!

When I first read the title I thought you totaled it. Glad to hear that didn't happen.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 05:16 PM
nope , but initally it looked pretty serious ....

just got done lookin it over ....

rf tire:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01916.jpg
and the right rear controll arm is a little messed up but it should be ok:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01918.jpg
the left rear for comparison
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01919.jpg

and for now it just looks silly but the replacement tire is on its way so ill cruise on this one for now insated of the donut
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b102/stoneage_caddy/DSC01920.jpg

urbanski
10-28-06, 05:18 PM
so she's fine eh?

if so....COOL

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 05:20 PM
yup so far , gonna go for a little ride and see how everything is , the check engine light was a code for the tranny swtich , thats been happening a few times ....the abs indication was for a wire that came unplugged when the wheel dropped so damn far...

CadillacSTS42005
10-28-06, 05:21 PM
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

woah now
i didnt mean that in any way hostle
dont take it that way

CadillacGurl
10-28-06, 05:26 PM
Ahhh stoney! I'm soooo sorry.

CadillacSTS42005
10-28-06, 05:32 PM
and i wouldnt trust that control arm
its integratey has been weaked and when called on it COULD snap on you

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 06:15 PM
yeah i might look into getin another one ....hopefully i can find one somewhere .....the exaust is messed up too , but as you can tell its stock stuff with 160k and 12 years on it so one of these days ill get it replaced ...

90Brougham350
10-28-06, 06:22 PM
Stoney, I'm extremely relieved to see the damage is not extensive. I agree on that control arm, it's probably not safe for the long-run anymore. Exhaust work fortunately isn't expensive; another bonus. All in all, things could been much worse.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 06:23 PM
thats for sure ...if it had been a northstar i woulda torn the oil pan off ...extremely lucky .....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-28-06, 08:30 PM
Eh looks like nothing too bad, you got lucky.

Jason, don't worry about it.

DILLIGAF
10-28-06, 09:58 PM
We need to put you in a protective bubble for a while.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-06, 10:07 PM
Been a long month so far , broke up with my girl on the 2nd , lost my job on the 3rd , lost my aparment on the 4th ,got electructed messing with my fishtank on the 7th, got the flu the day after my insurance ran out and lost most of my hearing, and this morning i crashed my car bringing my mom something she forgot....

think ive pretty much had enough of this shit .....LOL ....

wonder whats next .....at least the car still runs and drives decent ....

for now i will contunie waiting by the front door , allisa milano will come by and take me away from all this and ill spend the rest of my days with her and her money......yup ....any moment now ........any time now

should be any minute

yup gonna be real soon .....

someone pass the perkosets ?

CadiJeff
10-29-06, 12:58 AM
hey, at least your grandmother dosn't have the police looking for you for Grand Theft Auto for stealing her 1990 eldorado, from her garage while she was taking a nap, then taking it to the dealership, paying for a new tranny, and having it installed then returning it to the garage, all in less than three hours. This actually happened to me three or so years ago. My grandmother had dementia and this was one result of this.

davesdeville
10-29-06, 05:11 AM
thats for sure ...if it had been a northstar i woulda torn the oil pan off ...extremely lucky .....

You probably would've torn off or at least put a hole in the oil pan... which is what happened to mine in February, and it's still not fixed. (It would be, but somehow I lost my front caliper brackets.)

I'm glad to hear Gladys is going to be OK stoney.

dp102288
10-29-06, 09:03 AM
Oh man I feel bad for you. Shit just keeps going wrong, but don't worry. Everything will fall into place. I also second the bubble idea

Remember, you can always reck the car yourself! :histeric: Maybe a change of location would help. Some people jsut don't mix well with where they are,

I am never unamazed with your posts. How so much bad things could happen to one person is odd.

Kev
10-29-06, 08:01 PM
Mike, here are my simple rules that as a project foreman I've posted for my guys. Maybe they will help you too. Here they are;

1. Nobody's perfect. (But we strive toward excellence!)

2. It's not a problem, it's an opportunity. (Let's find a solution & takes steps not to repeat it!)

3. Improvise, adapt and overcome! (Be creative but stay within trade standards!)

Sometimes we just need to take a step back, look at the big picture and then take each day one at a time, focus on what you can do today to get to your goal for the future.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-09-06, 10:36 AM
well AAA called this morning , wanted the story again ...theyve agred to pay for the damage , sent an invoice so its all good now ...

Now i gotta get the car running again , damn fuel pressure regaulator blew yesterday ....hopefully the new one arrives this morning

Lady Danielle
11-09-06, 03:29 PM
WTF....That Sucks..Sorry

Krashed989
11-09-06, 03:53 PM
Your life would make a great sitcom... LOL

Stoneage_Caddy
11-09-06, 04:55 PM
tell me about it ....car just blew a fuel pump .....i think im done with it ....

im gonna let it sit int he driveway till i can get a job and buy a new car ....then sell it for whatever i can get for it .....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-09-06, 10:52 PM
tell me about it ....car just blew a fuel pump .....i think im done with it ....

im gonna let it sit int he driveway till i can get a job and buy a new car ....then sell it for whatever i can get for it .....

Seriously? You've said this before and were just faking. If you're serious, let Rick know.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-10-06, 12:11 AM
long story here .... I thought new pumps were 800 bucks ....there was no way i was paying that ....i got one for well under 300 and got it in ...

It runs again ....Thing is im just sick of workin on it ...Relly am , 10 grand in parts .....it really gets old ...

Just today :

Remove Powtersteering pump and brackets
Remove Alternator
Remove Airbox
Remove all vac lines
Remove all throttle Items
Remove Curise Controll
Remove Fuel Rail from car
Now you can get the FPR out (which was bad)
Put it back together insureing all injectors porperly seat and seal

Now the fuel pump goes bad ....
Remove fuel tank (no easy task on a driveway)
Remove Exaust
Remove exaust sheilding
Remove the straps and prepare to be clobberd by flying fuel tanks
Remove Fuel filler tubes (NOT EASY FROZE ON)
REPLACE fuel pump (VERY EASY)

CUSS SCREAM AND CRY trying to get fuel tank straps line line back up with holes....
Reassemble all of the above

Remove 335 dollars from wallet and set it on fire in the pool of gasoline youve been laying in for 2 hours ...

Come back to cadillac forums ....cranky tired and really trying to keep faith that things will get beatter when really you know things will only get worse ....

dp102288
11-12-06, 11:10 AM
Oh man. If your life were a sitcom like Krashed said, I would cry every week. Just from this last post I feel bad.

Especially the last line... :(