: A bunch of god damned wussies.

Jesda
10-27-06, 08:54 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltod...ument (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/A9DD9AFF3A15CC20862572130016AE84?OpenDocument)

"WAHHH! ITS TOO HOT! ITS TOO COLD! OUR WATER'S WET!" No AC and no heat and they act like the sky is falling. Bunch of whiny-arsed journalists. They should just watch the game on TV.

I've attended games in the luxury skybox at the old Busch Stadium. You know what? Its lame. All the free barbecue and beer in the world (free as in overpriced because the luxury seats can cost thousands) don't make up for being distant, remote, and completely detached from the game. Ordering from your personal bartender is intensely gay compared to hollering at a vendor in the stands.

You don't go for the sport. Baseball isn't that exciting. You go for the crowd, the civic pride, and the atmosphere.

ChicagoCTS32
10-27-06, 09:25 AM
cards suck... :hide:

Patrick7997
10-27-06, 09:26 AM
Well Jesda, it looks like your first championship since '82... congrats...

I remember it well (82, that is)... I was pulling hard for my Brewers, who I've heard Ozzie Smith say in interviews were the better team....

We have a retractable roof at Miller Park now, and let me say for the record that it is AWESOME. I have no clue why every modern stadium is not built with a retractable roof....

If that makes me a GD wuss, then so be it.... I am not interested in sitting in a ballpark, with the wind coming off lake michigan, freezing my @$$ off... no thanks. I have 60 inches of LCD glory in my living room....

Elvis
10-27-06, 09:34 AM
I thought this was a thread about the Detroit Tigers. :(

I was ready to pile on, too. Damn I'm pissed today. :devil:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-06, 11:08 AM
i go to baseball games for the beer and blooming onions , tropicana feild has an outback !!!!

supposedly down on the grass part white guys chase little white balls around and carry big sticks ....but no one ever hits anyone with the sticks....strange game ....not unlike golf , but at least golf i understand , becuse you have to put something in a hole ....baseball needs more holes .....and cheerleaders .....In bikinis ...and trampolines

Jesda
10-27-06, 11:11 AM
but no one ever hits anyone with the sticks....

Except a few days ago when Pujols smacked Rodriguez in the skull. Sounded like an egg being thrown at the wall. I LOL'd!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-06, 11:16 AM
holy crap ...im watching more baseball for sure....

maybe my dream of combineing the NFL,NHL,and the NL will come true ....

ShadowLvr400
10-27-06, 11:24 AM
I cant think of a worse sport than baseball. Boring o the point of coma inducing. Dont even call golf a sport, thats a friggin game. Nascar is down there too. Fin fake cars, nothing different ecxcept the stickers.

RobertCTS
10-27-06, 02:39 PM
I thought this was a thread about the Detroit Tigers. :(

I was ready to pile on, too. Damn I'm pissed today. :devil:

Tigers are up against the wall Elvis. The next game could bring the end. Have you written your epitath yet?

ChicagoCTS32
10-27-06, 04:04 PM
I cant think of a worse sport than baseball. Boring o the point of coma inducing. Dont even call golf a sport, thats a friggin game. Nascar is down there too. Fin fake cars, nothing different ecxcept the stickers.
GO FAST TURN LEFT!!!

Boring... I can't believe they still try to call it "stock" car racing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-27-06, 10:12 PM
Oh man, I thought this thread was about liberal democrats....

Did I just say that? I guess I did!

davesdeville
10-28-06, 09:09 AM

Damn straight, baseball is the worst. It's like when Homer stopped drinking and then watched a game 'this sucks without alcohol.

Anyway as for the wussies, eh. I like heat and AC.

Patrick7997
10-28-06, 10:18 AM
Congrats, Jesda....Congrats to the Cards.... And hey, congrats to tthe Detroit Tigers. They had a great season... and really, the Tigers give the rest of us hope... in a very short time, they went from pathetic to The World Series...

Think people will finally get off Tony LaRussa's @$$????

dp102288
10-28-06, 10:35 AM
F the writers. Always whining about something.