: 97 catera parts car anyone need parts?

97catera18
10-25-06, 02:01 PM
I have a 97 catera that is tan with tan leather in like new condition. There are many parts on the car that are good. If anyone needs something for your car let me know..

On the flipside to my other post my other catera is getting fixed for free at cadillacs expense what lovely news!:)

- J

contourbs
10-25-06, 06:53 PM
i need the vacum container on the intake pipe down by the bottom of the radiator. its connected to the intake tubes

AwfulSmokey
10-25-06, 09:09 PM
i need the fuel door, passenger's side fog lamp, and what i'm going to call an "end cap". The rocker panel that runs below the door, right where it ends in front of the rear wheel is like a cap. I need the drivers side . Looks like you can just drill it out.

97catera18
10-25-06, 09:46 PM
I will remove the fuel door and the rocker piece tomorrow. My email is Flea6x@yahoo.com you can email if you have anymore questions about the parts and for payment details. Its crazy trying to buy anything from GM for the catera becuz the prices are so damn outragous. Ill give you a good deal i know first hand how bad it sucks to buy stuff from GM. Sorry ive already sold the passenger side fog lamp.
Thanks,

Jeremy:)

97catera18
10-25-06, 09:51 PM
Im going to get the vacum container off tomorrow for you. Contact me if you have any questions and for payment details at flea6x@yahoo.com
Anything I can do that you need let me know. I love the catera and I hope to help anyone out as much as i can to keep these cars on the road. :)
Thanks,

Jeremy

Warez
10-25-06, 11:28 PM
What exactly are they fixing and why for free?

todd2fst4u
10-25-06, 11:58 PM
im in need of the airbox clips that hold the lid on. let me know if you have them. my email is todd2fst4u@gmail.com

97catera18
10-26-06, 03:43 PM
I have a 97 catera that didnt get the recall items fixed and its got 59,000 miles so the caddy dealer is fixing it all free of charge.

What exactly are they fixing and why for free?

guardian
10-26-06, 05:16 PM
I have a 97 catera that didnt get the recall items fixed and its got 59,000 miles so the caddy dealer is fixing it all free of charge.

OK, so are you saying if it had more miles they would not have done the work for you for free?

My understanding is if the car never got the recall service it is entitled, regardless of miles, to get that recall service done ONE time for free. Is this wrong?

Regardless am happy for you that you are getting the free service as you should. I wish I could find a decent Cat that never got the recall service. It's like finding money, a lot of money, in the street. They are not easy to find.

Count your blessings.:)

R-Caddy
10-29-06, 08:05 PM
I would need a steering linkage pivot shaft, please. Please e-mail me @ ltsavannian@yahoo.com for intructions.

gixxer_751
10-30-06, 04:55 PM
headlights (if usable), if possible gixxer_751@juno.com

contourbs
10-30-06, 05:36 PM
i need that vacum tank thats on the intake resonator and the passenger rear outside door moulding.emal me at evergladeslawn23@earthlin.net

nerdifiedgeek
10-31-06, 07:59 AM
Cupholder? haha mine is broke that came with the car

babytf
11-06-06, 05:36 PM
97catera18 thanks for the great service and very fast shipping.i had even better communication from you than a lot of the sellers on ebay and i spent way more with them so thanks alot for looking out and i'll get back to you on the other part i wanted i still have to find out about the remote too.now my interior looks complete except for the elusive cupholder,coinholder and the original floormats.people definitely buy from this guy if he has what you want or need.

contourbs
11-09-06, 07:07 PM
need a brake switch

nerdifiedgeek
11-09-06, 07:15 PM
I need a cap that goes over the lug nuts on the tires

bK caddy
11-09-06, 09:52 PM
i need the cup holder!!

contourbs
11-09-06, 11:06 PM
also need a clockspring

97catera18
11-09-06, 11:53 PM
If you tell me where they are located I have them for you.
Thanks let me know...:)

contourbs
11-10-06, 07:08 AM
the brake switch is on the brake pedal. theres 2 switches on the brake pedal, its the top one. the clockspring is. you gotta take the airbag out and the steering wheel off. the turn signal switch attaches to it. its black and round and has a connector for it.

Cadilltera
11-10-06, 02:04 PM
Interested in:

Interior door light lens, located on the driver or passenger door panel.

Working Bose factory speaker- woofer-lower front door

Undamaged speaker grils (Tan) front and back lower doors

Passenger headlight- only if its clear or semi clear still. Mines Yellow/foggy.

Thanks,

babytf
11-10-06, 04:41 PM
hey cadilltera have you done your valve cover gaskets or had them done i'm in highland springs,va and would like to know if you did for how much or what kinda qoutes have you been getting i'm getting 3-500 including parts and the gaskets for the intake plenum too also new spark plugs.

97catera18
11-11-06, 08:06 PM
contourbs,

I will take these parts off and get them for you. Please email me with your email address so I can contact you and let you know I have them ready for you.

Thanks,

Elijah Flea6x@yahoo.com

Check out the classified ad! Its on here now because this kind of stuff is suppose to be in classifieds.

97catera18
11-11-06, 08:18 PM
I have the interior lights for the front passenger and driver door panel. I also have 2 bose speakers for the rear driver and passenger side door. I believe they are the same as the front drivers and passenger side speaker. I have the passenger rear door speaker grille as well. Let me know if you need any of these parts. My email is flea6x@yahoo.com These posts are suppose to be in classifieds and i don't want to tick of the mods.

Thanks!!

- Elijah

Interested in:

Interior door light lens, located on the driver or passenger door panel.

Working Bose factory speaker- woofer-lower front door

Undamaged speaker grils (Tan) front and back lower doors

Passenger headlight- only if its clear or semi clear still. Mines Yellow/foggy.

Thanks,

contourbs
11-11-06, 08:28 PM
my email is evergladeslawn23@earthlink.net the time i tried to email you it didnt work

CateraMV6
11-14-06, 06:38 PM
I would like the Oil Cooler off of it.... How much?

slajjs
11-15-06, 11:12 AM
Got a good deal from 97catera18. Easy and fast shipping, definitely buy from him. Much better than most of the eBay people I've dealt with.

jimmyk
11-15-06, 01:03 PM
Need trim piece that goes under headlight.

PEETYZ
11-19-06, 05:02 PM
Would you happen to have a leather emergency brake boot in good condition for sale? mine is cracking and peeling. Also a good condition rearview mirror? also payment options? Thanks -Pete

97catera18
11-20-06, 12:57 AM
Pete,

I have the boot in good condition and the rearview mirror with garage door opener in good condition as well. You can email me if you are interested. Or let me know on this great website.:)

-Elijah

Flea6x@yahoo.com

Would you happen to have a leather emergency brake boot in good condition for sale? mine is cracking and peeling. Also a good condition rearview mirror? also payment options? Thanks -Pete

97catera18
11-20-06, 12:58 AM
which side? drivers or passengers?

Need trim piece that goes under headlight.

Cadilltera
12-06-06, 09:27 PM
Babytf,
I havent done the valve cover gaskets yet. They seem to be holding up pretty well. I do have a slight amount of oil near the spark plugs, but hasnt seem to increase any? I do need to look into doing the timming belt though. I just hit 71,000 miles! Not looking foward to that one. I'll tell you, in Virginia, they havent been so nice when it has come to qoutes at shops for this car. Last qoute was for strut tower bearing replacement, new struts, and install- $1100.00. No thank you!

babytf
12-07-06, 09:18 PM
cadilltera,
lucky u well i found a guy in king william where i work that will do the valve covers and spark plugs for 350.my catera is now at 161,000 so i can't complain too much.i know i will never buy or repair at the dealership they wanted $88/hour jus to tell me why the car wouldn't start after i told them everything and jus wanted to confirm that was the problem.he was like well tell us what you think it is and we'll look in that area for the problem i'm like for 88 an hour u betta look at the whole car and tell me if anything else is wrong.there are hardly any autosalvages that have these cars except one place in norfolk but they won't sell any part under $125.gmdelcopartsdirect is a pretty good website and they put stuff on ebay too but the ebay price is higher than the websites but both are less than the dealer.i jus saw a catera in the pape up here for 2200 with a new transmission too.goodluck wit the timing belt oh have you had all the recall work done yet. i have 3 family friends that have been doing all my work except no one wants to do the valve cover gaskets and the one who will i don't trust him to leave my car with for two days he works on cars when he isn't busy at his welding shop.do not go to standard auto in the east end the messed up my electrical system when the put in my fuel pump so i had to pay stuart rolfe in chesterfield almost 400 to fix everything caus sometimes it still wouldn't start and my alarm would go off at any time plus kept blowin fuses.

Boris
12-07-06, 10:30 PM
I know I'm late to this party but I would be interested in,.....

front bumper (fog lamps welcome),
outdoor temp sensor,
trim piece that goes under the drivers side headlight,
steering wheel (if it's black and not as bad as mine),
front passenger air vent (on the dash by the door, black),...
I could also use the drivers side lower b-pillar trim but mine is light grey and your interior is tan, right ?

There are a few other things that I need but can't think of them right now.

caterashaker
12-13-06, 06:19 AM
I'd like the radiator cap if it's available.