: Coolant Change?

enfuegophil1
10-25-06, 10:48 AM
I just bought a 99 Seville SLS. I want to make sure that the cooling system remains in good condition and would like to change the coolant myself. Is this something that an average guy could do? Also would anyone suggest that I go ahead and change the spark plugs and wires just in case? Is this also something that I could do myself or should I just take it somewhere and have it done?

Ranger
10-25-06, 11:14 AM
Both are easily doable by the DIYer, depending on your skill level. Plugs and wires depend on the milage and if it is running good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

krimson_cardnal
10-25-06, 11:16 AM
Both are items you can manage. Do a bit of searching in these forums and you will find all you need to know. Take a good look at the coolant. Two types might have been used. If it's pink use Dex-Cool. If green used conventional. Cooling suplement tabs are strongly reccomended. Again a search will inform you.

When replacing plugs and wires stick with AC-Delco parts.

Go to the top of this page and click on "Cadillac Technical Archive", all you need to know on these subjects to get started. Be informed before you go. K_C