: at fluid check and no radio when running

woody69
10-23-06, 08:47 AM
99 catera no owners manual. how do I check the transmision fluid level? The radio will work when you turn off the car and stops when you open the door like it is supose to do but will not work when running. I checked the fuse and it was blown so I replaced it and it worked for just a second then blew again. Please help!!

klm
10-23-06, 10:11 AM
I had the exact same problem. The fuse was blowing because of the aux water pumps (2). Had both replaced under extended warantee and problem solved.

Tranny fluid. There is no dipstick. Procedure is to 1st get the fluid up to temp. With the car level, and with the engine running (must be running) remove the fill plug in the rear trans. pan. The fluid should just start to seep out when it is full. If not, pump in some fluid until it justs seeps out of the hole. Replace the fill plug.

Trick is to gain access to the pan with the car level. What I did was point the car down my driveway on a fairly steep grade, then up two ramps. Result was plenty of room and a level car.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

KLM

woody69
10-23-06, 07:21 PM
Anyone had any luck with the place on ebay that rebuilds the electrical part of the ebtcm? thanks Woody