: anyone play guitar?

thydarkprevails
10-22-06, 09:50 PM
just curious, if anyone is a guitarist here, and what is your set up

i am currently on a ibanez rg7620, and a jem 555 with a marshall avt50 combo...a few pedals for tone, and a old fender bass with a small hartke amp.

i also have a cordoba classical guitar with is my mainstay, great for playing classical music and flemenco guitar

Stoneage_Caddy
10-22-06, 09:52 PM
no but im sure urby plays with himself, explains his driving style....hit em and leave em .....bwahahahha

danbuc
10-22-06, 09:57 PM
I don't, but I knew this guy named Ziggy who did......

Elvis
10-22-06, 10:31 PM
When I was 25 I got seriously dumped by a fiance. So I took guitar lessons to help me get over it.

Strictly classical, I started with a rental, then I bought a really nice guitar made in Spain by a company called "Dauphin." I don't know if it's any good or not, but it had a richer bass sound than all the Japanese models they were trying to sell me.

I was good at one time, I had worked through four books in about a year's time. They said I was way ahead of the average beginning guitarist. I was able to amaze my friends at parties and could even pick out an impressive enough version of Malaguena to get me laid a couple of times.

But I quit. Put it down by the time I turned 30. Someday I hope to pick it up again and devote the time to it that it so richly deserves. It made me very happy.

gary88
10-22-06, 10:58 PM
I've been playing for about 4 years now. My main guitar is an '03 Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Heritage Cherry Sunburst, running through a Marshall AVT150 half stack. I also have my first guitar, an '02 Epi Les Paul Special, and my smaller practice amp,a Marshall MG30DFX. I traded in my first amp ever, a Crate MX10, to guitar center when I bought my MG. They told me they had to many of them I could get $5 at most for it, but I negotiated with the guy into taking the sales tax off my amp instead. I have an acoustic too, a Hohner HW200 that I bought from my friend for $50. It's really stiff, the tuners are crap, and the neck is humongus and uncomfortable, but it sounds decent.

In the future I want to upgrade my cab to a Marshall 1960A, or if I have some money lying around just trade it all in and pay whatever the difference is for a Marshall DSL100.

thydarkprevails
10-22-06, 11:01 PM
the dsl100 is a nice amp...i actually like the avt series, even if they are not pure tube and hybrids...i play metal anyway, so a metal zone pedal over it sounds just fine :)

chuckdobbins
10-23-06, 09:15 AM
does guitar hero count? im good at that :thepan:

DopeStar 156
10-23-06, 10:32 AM
Not well, but I do have a sick guitar......

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/B.C.RICH+WARLOCK+TETE+WIDOW.JPG