: what is your occupation?

thydarkprevails
10-22-06, 09:34 PM
so hi, i'm fairly new, but i don't post a ton. i totally dig this community, everyone is very cool :) i just figured i'd post a basic question thread..what do you all do for a living?

i'm a truck driver locally for a water company..i drive a 10 speed, air brake equipped truck and deliver 5 gallon jugs of water.....i tell ya..it's gonna be loads of fun when i'm 60 ;)

danbuc
10-22-06, 09:36 PM
I'm a tech at Prestige Mercedes in Paramus, NJ.

JRau
10-22-06, 09:39 PM
I'm the Executive Director of an upscale retirement community in central Iowa. 140 residents total living in 7 townhomes, 90 apartments, 16 Asst. Living apartments., 20 RCF apartments, 30 skilled nursing beds, and 16 Memory Loss rooms.

Good to have you aboard. I joined earlier this month, and yes, I'd agree, it's a pretty cool club.

JRau

HITMONEY
10-22-06, 09:42 PM
I own a night club management company. <cough>

Florian
10-22-06, 09:47 PM
pimp

F

thydarkprevails
10-22-06, 09:47 PM
hey hit money..i just had to say...i totally dig your dts, i'm not a huge fan of that perticular design of caddilac, but the solid black you have done with the wheels and all..it looks tight man.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-22-06, 09:48 PM
ummm , for the second time this year im unemployed .....

once upon a time i was a very sucessful firetruck mechanic in the airforce ....

now i bounce from one shit job to another while trying to get my degrees ....yeah pural .....hopein when im 30 and have all this done that ill be able to work at a job for longer then 9 months without getting fired for some really strange circumstance....

HITMONEY
10-22-06, 09:49 PM
hey hit money..i just had to say...i totally dig your dts, i'm not a huge fan of that perticular design of caddilac, but the solid black you have done with the wheels and all..it looks tight man.

thank you sir
:highfive:

SpeedyArizona
10-22-06, 10:09 PM
I'm a Realtor and specialize in upscale properties in the Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, and Paradise Valley area. Somedays I think they should pay me double just for making chit-chat with some of these snobs:histeric:.

I went to college at ASU and recieved my Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and Engineering.

SpeedyArizona
10-22-06, 10:10 PM
pimp

So F, you're the opposite of The 40-Year Old Virgin:histeric::histeric:?!?

DILLIGAF
10-22-06, 10:16 PM
I eat dirt,tooling finishing in a machine shop for last 27years.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-22-06, 10:31 PM
Service Runner at a Chevrolet Dealership. I get paid to park cars. Well actually, I get test samples of the major fluids under the hood, get the cars ready for work, park cars, and occasionally I'll run a car thru the wash and vacuum them out. The coolest cars I've seen there are a few K4500 Kodiaks, two C6 Z06's ( I drove a '03 C5 Z06), a 510hp '01 Camaro SS, and a few LT1 Caprices. We've had one LT1 Impala SS in there, but he didn't stay. Otherwise it's pretty much the same stuff day to day. After working there, I've really started to like the 88-98 full size trucks and SUV's, especially the 94-98 models. They are my favorite truck of all time, especially with the 5.7 Vortec.

CadillacGurl
10-22-06, 10:39 PM
Work in a grocery store in the Hot Foods department part time, the other half I'm being a student at DePaul

gary88
10-22-06, 10:48 PM
I just recently quit my job working at a Powerhouse Gym, and today I got a call from Best Buy, I should be getting an interview soon. I'll either be a cashier, or sell TVs.

Eric Kahn
10-22-06, 10:53 PM
Building maintenance for the United states postal service

Rey Rey 650
10-23-06, 12:24 AM
I get paid $21.00 to be on cadillacowners.com from 8am-4pm m-f.....
I also work about 20 hrs a week doing something else

I dont even know why im on now....Im not getting paid lol

mmasseo
10-23-06, 12:40 AM
I am a Linux systems administrator and programmer. I like what I do. I do NOT do Windows.
I am also an avid advocate for the open source software movement, for free.

Prior to the computer field, I was an Auto refinish technician ;)

molotovman5000
10-23-06, 12:53 AM
I work at a call center, for a credit card company. I sit my ass all day and pick up phones. **BORING**

davesdeville
10-23-06, 01:12 AM
As of tomorrow I hope to be delivering Autotrader magazine to stores on Thursdays. I find out if I get a contract tomorrow..

DopeStar 156
10-23-06, 01:24 AM
Tech-1 at Sears in Rockaway, NJ...........

P-Funk
10-23-06, 08:28 AM
Subsea design engineer (basically designing pipelines).

dp102288
10-23-06, 08:51 AM
Senior Medical Biller and Office Manager at a local Medical Office in Central NJ

<translating>

I bill insurance companies... :D

GailyBedight
10-23-06, 11:23 AM
Gainfully unemployed drunk. Haven't worked in 2 years! Unless you call fighting with insurance companies, lawyers, and doctors, work?
:alchi:

Jesda
10-23-06, 11:24 AM
I talk to hot babes on the Internet.

ShadowLvr400
10-23-06, 11:29 AM
I'm a certified culinarian. ie, trained Chef, currently cooking at a local restaurant. Of course, working the grill side means you could say I'm a burger flipper. :) But steaks, mahi, tuna, swordfish arent burgers...

slk230mb
10-23-06, 01:46 PM
Student and Senior Residental Computer Consultant at SUNY Binghamton

Elvis
10-23-06, 01:52 PM
Programmer/analyst/salesman/operations mgr./system support/janitor/building maintenance for a small software development firm.

REALLY small.

TagApl4
10-23-06, 03:19 PM
I come to work and talk to my friends on the cadillac forum. Dont really know what I'm supposed to be doing :hmm:

Actually trolling for jobs: I am a product management assistant at INVESCO a global money mannager, I just interviewed with OPUS Atlanta/ ETG for a trader trainee position where I will basically day trade.

Sandy
10-23-06, 04:16 PM
Retired Car Salesman for 27 years. Once owned a used car lot specializing in (then) Late Model WV Beetles. It was called "Beetlemania"

New Brands sold:
Lincoln-Mercury & Ford
Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth & Dodge
Chevrolet & Pontiac

malcolm
10-23-06, 04:30 PM
Nothing, I have money.:histeric:

My hobby is working as a Lead Network Engineer for a very large payroll company in NJ for the last 20 years:banghead: .

Koooop
10-23-06, 04:32 PM
pimp

F

I'm a sleazy Real Estate whore.

Florian is MY pimp, he keeps me safe at night.

nigelb
10-23-06, 04:38 PM
I own a company that sells and installs made to measure kitchen unit doors and counter tops.
After dabbling in real estate I semi retired in December 2004 aged 37. I'm technically described as a Carer, my 2 oldest kids have disabilities and i'm here for them during the daytime in case they have a problem at school.
I might do one days work a fortnight if I feel like it.
Definitely not rich but I lead a comfortable life.

Rolex
10-23-06, 04:43 PM
AGNTSA

I'm a double-knot spy. :cool:

Cutter
10-23-06, 07:57 PM
Captain of Search & Rescue Cutter. 47ft MLB. Area of ops Eastern Lake Ontario, Upper St. Lawrence River. CCGC Cape Hearne. 25 years

On another note... Hey Speedy have any condos for rent in Arizona for the month of January 2007. I have a budget of about $2,800.00 Canadian. I'm haveing a hard time finding one the wife likes on the net.

This is by far the best forum to be a part of. You guys are great

gothicaleigh
10-23-06, 07:57 PM
I'm an insurance agent and graphic designer.

Krashed989
10-23-06, 08:11 PM
I am a mechanic/cashier/manager/janator at an independant garage/gas station. I'm also a full-time student in college... And I don't get paid enough.... LOL

danbuc
10-23-06, 08:26 PM
And I don't get paid enough.... LOL

Nobody ever does...:helpless:

90Brougham350
10-23-06, 08:30 PM
Full-time student at the moment, two degrees, "Business Management and Entrepreneurship" and "Business Marketing," thinking of maybe creating a new minor with a few professors next semester in Management Information Systems. Work, well, not much exciting. I detail semi tractors and do a little work under the hood. I repair semi trailers too. Wow.

Slywun
10-23-06, 09:34 PM
Adjunct professor for graduate/undergraduate programs, landlord, but most importantly a dad.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-23-06, 10:12 PM
Captain of Search & Rescue Cutter. 47ft MLB. Area of ops Eastern Lake Ontario, Upper St. Lawrence River. CCGC Cape Hearne. 25 years

I desperately wanted to captain an oil tanker when I was in the 8th grade. Large scale shipping has always been an interest to me. :)

SpeedyArizona
10-23-06, 10:44 PM
On another note... Hey Speedy have any condos for rent in Arizona for the month of January 2007. I have a budget of about $2,800.00 Canadian. I'm haveing a hard time finding one the wife likes on the net.

$2800 Canadian would be the equivilant of roughly $2500 American. You probably picked the worst month to rent a condo here though. Many have already been rented (it is almost November) but some can still be found if you look hard enough. Here's a good example of what you can get here for $2500/ month Scottsdale Vacation Rentals condo - Upscale Condo with Den in N.Scottsdale - Available - Jan,Feb,March (http://www.greatrentals.com/USA/Arizona/vacation-CONDO-Scottsdale/dni/1/p141480.htm) . Tell your wife that she can't be nit-picking about the details, it's a little over 2 months away and I believe the busiest month here is either January or Februrary.

I don't do rentals but if you have any questions about the area (good places to eat, shop, see, etc) feel free to ask or PM me if you feel more comfortable.

caddycruiser
10-23-06, 10:54 PM
College student most of the year, but since this summer, an Architectural/CADD designer with a high end home builder. Before that it was a Civil Engineering "project intern" for a short stint, and then in banking for several years before that.

Currently a Mech. Egr. major in college, so who knows where that might lead me next...

davesdeville
10-24-06, 03:50 AM
As of tomorrow I hope to be delivering Autotrader magazine to stores on Thursdays. I find out if I get a contract tomorrow..

Yep, I'm now an independant contractor working for Trader Publications. Once a week so I still have time to do my stuff. Should be about $17.50/hr.

Cutter
10-24-06, 08:26 AM
Thanks Speedy we have been looking since september. Wife is very picky may have to spend more money. Comforts Inns are camping to her. I really want to go because I will fly her down and have the Caddy all to myself. For me the drive will be one of the best parts of the trip. No nagging, or I'm hungry, or I gotta pee, or oh look theres a mall lets just pop in, nope just pure highway enjoyment.

Jesda
10-24-06, 08:40 AM
Oh fiiiine. Legit post:

I work in tech support. I love the customers (mostly business professionals) but I'm starting to hate the place.

I'm an on-call IT monkey for my parents.

I'm an online and local textbook reseller. I deal with a warehouse in central Missouri and haul back 1300lbs at a time. The markup is quite nice. A couple people work for me part time during peak months.

I go to a private university. I'm bored with school, but I desire a law degree.

I talk to hot babes on the Internet. I'm ASLin' like a felon.

Elvis
10-24-06, 08:53 AM
I desperately wanted to captain an oil tanker when I was in the 8th grade. Large scale shipping has always been an interest to me. :)

I wanted to be a truck driver. Then a brain surgeon. Fireman. Third baseman for the Tigers. How did I end up like this? :confused:

mark3601
10-24-06, 09:31 AM
I am the guy that you are all afriad of when you see me in your rear view mirror look out for my lights they are hidden

thydarkprevails
10-24-06, 04:31 PM
I wanted to be a truck driver. Then a brain surgeon. Fireman. Third baseman for the Tigers. How did I end up like this? :confused:

trust me, at least when it comes to local routes, being a truck driver SUCKS!!!

Wiseguy2
10-24-06, 05:36 PM
I own a BMW shop in Jersey. I retired from being a new car dealer about 2 years ago... still have an interest on a store tho.

Right now I work on fast BMWs, build race cars, sell parts, etc...

Eric Kahn
10-24-06, 06:18 PM

I was a truck driver for 13 years, I much prefer working at the Post office "fixing" things

Especially since the in truck links tell the company everything you do these days

SpeedyArizona
10-24-06, 07:18 PM
I wanted to do various, fantasy-like jobs (Quaterback for the Patriots, aircraft pilot, beer-tester, etc) when I was younger, but in high school I seriously wanted to be an aeronautical engineer at Boeing or Lockheed Martin. I went to college and got the degree but somehow I became a Realtor. I enjoy my job most of the time but sometimes you wonder "What if...?". My mum's 2nd cousin worked at Lockheed Martin in Dallas for 30 years (it changed hands 4 different times though, it's currently Lockheed-Martin).

It's funny where the road of life takes you...

FrankT
10-24-06, 07:47 PM
I own a night club management company. <cough>

All this time I thought you were a cop because of your cool DTS:thumbsup:
Frank

Destroyer
10-24-06, 08:33 PM
I'm a realtor and investor, neither of which is going well unfortunately. I'm stuck with properties that I intended to "flip" but just pay mortgages on instead. The maket here in FL flatlined. Fortunately I did very well these last few years and can afford to sit my ass at home till the smoke clears. Oh yeah, I cook, clean, do repairs and watch the kids too. I'm a house bitch now!. :alchi:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-24-06, 09:38 PM
I wanted to be a truck driver.

I wanted to do that too, back when I was 10-11. Heck, for my 11'th birthday, my dad took me to a Peterbilt dealer! That was so much fun!

Elvis
10-24-06, 10:17 PM
I wanted to do that too, back when I was 10-11.

Yeah, that's about when I QUIT wanting that job too. I guess it's one of those things you get over.

dp102288
10-25-06, 08:23 AM
I really want to be a professional lottery player...or a candy tester. Preference for the former though. :D

boricuacaddy
10-25-06, 09:16 AM
I am a Supervisor at a office supply manufacturing facility. Been there 18 years now..

David

RobertCTS
10-25-06, 09:27 AM
I read an article about College graduates, & their majors as it applied to their current Jobs. About 75% work outside of their College training. An example would be my job at AT&T where I was in the Industrial Enginner Dept. My Boss had a degree in Music and played the saxophone. Yes it's strange how goals get turned around and your interests go in a different direction.

My degree was in communication & business at Ohio University. Now I own a manufacturing business in the corrugated paper business. It was like starting my life all over again. Turns out to have been an excellent choice. The grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Fortunatly for me it was. :)

JimHare
10-25-06, 09:29 AM
I'm a lifeguard at a car wash....

Used to be a labor organizer at a maternity ward.

Before that I was in England's military...I served in a British Thermal Unit....

I went to Absorbine Jr. College on an Athlete's Foot scholarship...

:bang2:

RobertCTS
10-25-06, 09:39 AM

As we mature we have a better knowledge base and what certain occupations are really like.

Hell Elvis, I wanted to be a CowBoy. Sleep out under the stars, drink strong coffee, roll my own cigarettes and piss on cactus & tumble weeds. Maybe in my next life?

CIWS
10-25-06, 10:07 AM
I wanted to be........ A LumberJack !!

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

e12kfJK081E

1badcaddy
10-25-06, 10:10 AM
I'm a professional hitman..............

J/K! I'm in the US navy active duty for 7 years. Currently working overseas in Italy(4+ years) working tech control for ships and satellites. Kinda kool and good money. Helps me afford my car modding habbit on my 4 cars.

CIWS
10-25-06, 10:15 AM
^^^ DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!! ^^^ Squid in Napoli !!! :eek:

;)

RobertCTS
10-25-06, 10:24 AM
[quote=CIWS;844132]^^^ DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!! ^^^ Squid in Napoli !!! :eek: /quote]

Anyone know what CIWS is talking about?:duck: Over my head.

CIWS
10-25-06, 10:40 AM
Squid = Navy / Sailor Napoli = Naples, Italy :)

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and car bombed in Naples.

Destroyer
10-25-06, 11:30 AM
My degree was in communication & business at Ohio University. Now I own a manufacturing business in the corrugated paper business. :)So what exactly is a corrugated paper business?. I'm looking to start something new and have a few things on the table including getting a dealers license and start dealing with cars but I'm open to any idea.

1badcaddy
10-25-06, 11:38 AM
Car Krazi Squid in Naples! Get it right man! Gaawd! Holy crap is that Capt. Howdy in your Avatar? Freaky dood. When were you here and were you in the Navy?

CIWS
10-25-06, 11:59 AM
Car Krazi Squid in Naples! Get it right man! Gaawd! Holy crap is that Capt. Howdy in your Avatar? Freaky dood. When were you here and were you in the Navy?

Yeah, was on an FF (USS PAUL), did 4 Med cruises. Last time there was in Apr 88, but was there many times. There used to be a USO Club (http://www.ciwscentral.com/usonews.jpg)down by the piers, but it got blown away on Apr 14th 88. What's your rating in the Nav? I was an E.T.

I'm doing Capt. Howdy avatar for halloween :D

TagApl4
10-25-06, 12:16 PM
When I was in HS i seriously thought about going to college and then doing realestate, but my mind changed while in school and said i will do RS on the side of whatever i do. Now that I am out of school the housing buble has burst and I am looking for a real job. Shitty huh, my dot.com dream from Jr. High died when I was in HS. Majored in finance and I want to work as a money manager, with my luck how long till the next market crash??? So, whats the next quick money occupation, someone tell me fast!

CIWS
10-25-06, 12:30 PM
Shitty huh, my dot.com dream from Jr. High died when I was in HS. So, whats the next quick money occupation, someone tell me fast!

Look at the YouTube guys, two years in and sold for 1.65 Billion. The .com can still pay off, you just have to come up with a good idea.

P-Funk
10-25-06, 01:51 PM
I wanted to be........ A LumberJack !!

Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

Is that why you wear high heels and a bra? :confused:

TagApl4
10-25-06, 01:53 PM
Yeah, If I only would have thought of a forum for teens to make personal pages, post pictures, songs and videos, offered options for them to post dumb lil HS messages on personal pages, make explicit advances at minors, get rid of a persons privacy, and virtually create a vouyers dream, but Myspace beat me to it. day late, dollar short, whats next?

CIWS
10-25-06, 04:05 PM
Is that why you wear high heels and a bra? :confused:

"I put on Women's clothing and hang around in bars" (Lesbian bars) :D

TagApl4
10-25-06, 04:16 PM
This is a bit of a tangent but, They say in the development of the brain the sense of reason is last to develop in children, doesnt really start happening till early adolescence. On top of that very little is known of the brain and its functioning, the neuron kinetic interactions, neurological development, what is controlled by the regions of our brain that we dont even use, much is still to be discovered. So, as we age what changes in our brain chemically, and in its development, as other parts shut down that causes such a change in us. I dont even know what I'm asking here but im saying, the brain and knowledge is just a conundrum.

TagApl4
10-25-06, 04:17 PM
hold on somehow my browser jumped me to the wrong thread sorry

Koooop
10-25-06, 06:42 PM
I'm a realtor and investor, neither of which is going well unfortunately. I'm stuck with properties that I intended to "flip" but just pay mortgages on instead. The maket here in FL flatlined. Fortunately I did very well these last few years and can afford to sit my ass at home till the smoke clears. Oh yeah, I cook, clean, do repairs and watch the kids too. I'm a house bitch now!. :alchi:
Fortunately I'm in So Cal, the R/E market is pretty tough here but it's not flatlined like Florida or Phoenix. Youse guys in those markets are bummed. It'll pass though, somehow I survived '92-'96 in So Cal Real Estate.

My Mantra from the '90's:

"Oh lord, please let there be another Real Estate boom, I promise not to piss it all away next time".

nyyankeehater
10-25-06, 08:42 PM
once again...

I'm Batman! :cool2:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachments/cadillac-forums-lounge/22689d1156341130-whats-your-career-job-batman.jpg

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge/82927-whats-your-career-job.html

SpeedyArizona
10-26-06, 08:03 AM
Fortunately I'm in So Cal, the R/E market is pretty tough here but it's not flatlined like Florida or Phoenix.

The market in Phoenix is still going fairly strong, not as good as a year ago but it's still going. As long as there are jobs, people will come. Prices has declined slightly and homes are sitting on the market longer but it isn't even close to being a dead market. So I'm still happy:D.

dp102288
10-26-06, 08:30 AM
I applied to be one of these...but I was turned down for some reason. :D

http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2004-03-01/552.asp

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1208335,00.html

I have great experience in this area. I might be considered an "expert".

Koooop
10-26-06, 12:08 PM
The market in Phoenix is still going fairly strong, not as good as a year ago but it's still going. As long as there are jobs, people will come. Prices has declined slightly and homes are sitting on the market longer but it isn't even close to being a dead market. So I'm still happy:D.

:suspect:

WHO U KIDDIN?

LOL

SpeedyArizona
10-26-06, 04:19 PM
WHO U KIDDIN?

I'm kidding nobody. Phoenix is still doing fairly well.

Here's a good PDF file that tells it how it is. http://zillow.mediaroom.com/file.php/119/QtReport_Phoenix_FINAL.pdf

Destroyer
10-27-06, 07:42 AM
My Mantra from the '90's:

"Oh lord, please let there be another Real Estate boom, I promise not to piss it all away next time".Easy money. As it stands Florida has 27% of all the foreclosures in the country. Things are pretty bad right now for lots of people here. Our economy cannot support this. Opportunities will be abundant we just have to ride this storm out and its gonna be worse than a hurricane!.

B Hoth
10-28-06, 12:32 AM
24 years in the liquor buisness, trying to convince people to purchase and sell things like Bacardi, Grey Goose, Jack and thousands of other items...................life is GOOD! :alchi:

thydarkprevails
10-28-06, 01:59 AM
24 years in the liquor buisness, trying to convince people to purchase and sell things like Bacardi, Grey Goose, Jack and thousands of other items...................life is GOOD! :alchi:

well i purchase plenty of those things, but probably not on the scale you are interested in ;)