: I Hate Deer!!!

JCM1
10-22-06, 09:32 PM
I'm really embarased that these are the first photos of this car on Cadillac Forums and this is the worst shape the car has ever been after 12 years on the road. Never and I mean never has this car seen any damage. This is the result of a deer taking a running dive into the side of my 1994 DeVille Concours last night at 12:04 AM. I am really pissed mostly due to the sentimental value this car has. This car was originally a birthday gift from my father to my mother. This car was so well taken care of you could eat off the tires. It hardly ever leaves the garage and the only reason I was drving it last night was to test a PROM update that was installed only hours before this happened. Talk about really shitty luck! I wouls have rather had all the other cars I own and/or have owned burn to the ground in front of me then have this happen. :ill:

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0012.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0013.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0014.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0015.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0016.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0017.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0018.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/nkarras/images/deville/sspx0019.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-22-06, 09:37 PM
Wow dude, that really blows! 2nd car accident today! Atleast you're ok though.

Side note: Carmine red with beige leather, nice!

CadillacSTS42005
10-22-06, 09:40 PM
damn man
good luck gettin her fixed!

DILLIGAF
10-22-06, 09:44 PM
I pretty much leave my car at home when the rut starts around here.Crazy effers are chasing does everywhere 24-7till december.

JRau
10-22-06, 09:50 PM
Ouch. I can appreciate the pain you are going through. I worry about hitting one of 'em every night I have to drive my '91 Brougham. Good luck with the repairs. Nice lookin' ride, regardless.

JRau

JCM1
10-22-06, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I took it to the body shop last night right after it happened. These pictures were taken earlier this afternoon at the shop. I'll get more infomation tomorrow when they open. I figure a new door skin, new quarter panel and definatly a new mirror. My concern in the paint job due to the accent striping. This shop is good but, even so it will never be original. I have collision coverage and I'm hoping I don't get any shit from the insurance company due to the age of the car. I plan to fix it either way but, I'll be mad if it's all my money.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-22-06, 09:54 PM
just be glad it wasnt a moose ...we'd need a vin number to idenify the car..alaska was a creul place ....

Zorb750
10-22-06, 09:57 PM
We can take the big breaker bar and smash the deer... That is, if we can ever find the stupid thing.

How far can a deer get after something like that? I've really never thought about that. Anyone?

JCM1
10-22-06, 10:01 PM
Yeah I believe it, 900+ pounds versus 200. I'm glad it didn't go over the hood and through the windsheild. We had a situation like that around here four years ago on the expressway, the driver was killed.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-22-06, 10:09 PM
side note on your pin stripes ....

i used to work at a cadillac dealer body shop , trust me we had alot come in that needed new panels and new hand stripes to go along with them , and our contractor took care of those for us ....he was so good in fact i had him do my entire car by hand ....even had him do his magic where the line begins on the front fenders ...looks great ....so its just a matter of finding this type of guy where you are , your first stop should be your local cadillac dealers body shop ...

DILLIGAF
10-22-06, 10:12 PM
We can take the big breaker bar and smash the deer... That is, if we can ever find the stupid thing.

How far can a deer get after something like that? I've really never thought about that. Anyone?
It might be fine,trust me.Very tough animals,I rid the earth of a couple each year.:highfive: Only with cedar arrows:thumbsup:

JCM1
10-22-06, 10:22 PM
"so its just a matter of finding this type of guy where you are , your first stop should be your local cadillac dealers body shop ..."

Yeah I agree, if the shop that it's at now doesn't fell comfortable with doing it, the Cadillac dealership I like in Troy, Mich has a guy there that does a hell of a job. I saw him work on a CTS one day by hand, I was amazed.

JCM1
10-22-06, 10:27 PM
It might be fine,trust me.Very tough animals,I rid the earth of a couple each year.:highfive: Only with cedar arrows:thumbsup:

There was blood on the road and plenty of fur on the side of the car. Plus I saw the damn thing spin on it's side at least six time accross five lanes. I hope it's dead after all that.
I intend to take up my friend's offer to hunt with him later this month to take some rage out.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-22-06, 10:36 PM
I hate to say it, but the insurance company will probably total it. It cost them $1331 to have my driver's door fixed when somebody backed into it.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/753000-753999/753753_15_full.jpg

JCM1
10-22-06, 10:38 PM
Well so much for paying for broad form collision. So I figure then I'm out $4K.

gary88
10-22-06, 11:12 PM
Damn, hate to hear about that! Those pics are painful to look at. The street I live on is notorious for deer crossing, last week when I was driving to school in the morning I had to stop and wait for 4 of them to cross the road.

Spyder
10-23-06, 03:33 AM
Let 'em total it, take the check, buy it back for a couple of hundred bucks and fix it with the money. No problems!

CIWS
10-23-06, 07:29 AM
There was blood on the road and plenty of fur on the side of the car. Plus I saw the damn thing spin on it's side at least six time accross five lanes. I hope it's dead after all that.
I intend to take up my friend's offer to hunt with him later this month to take some rage out.

That truly sucks about your Caddy dude. It is a very nice looking car !!

But I seriously doubt that deer planned that or enjoyed slamming into your car. Odds are it will end up injured and die or become a slow lunch for a predator. ;)

dp102288
10-23-06, 09:04 AM
Must have been a retarted deer to ram that hard into your car! Sorry for your troubles man, you have one sweet looking car.

90Brougham350
10-23-06, 09:14 AM
Deer have to be the stupidest animals on earth! Why would you run into something the size of a Moose? A deer wouldn't run into a moose, why does it have to run into beautiful vehicles? Here in Minnesota we have such a large overpopulation of deer, I have to watch every time I leave the house. My mother has hit 5 now since we moved in '89. Ran the last one over!

JCM1
10-23-06, 09:46 AM
Let 'em total it, take the check, buy it back for a couple of hundred bucks and fix it with the money. No problems!

I thought about this but, the I don't think I'll get any further coverage with a salvage title, coverage like comp for glass or collision I mean. Plus I don't want it to have a salvage title I guess for my piece of mind.

JCM1
10-23-06, 09:59 AM
Deer have to be the stupidest animals on earth! Why would you run into something the size of a Moose? A deer wouldn't run into a moose, why does it have to run into beautiful vehicles? Here in Minnesota we have such a large overpopulation of deer, I have to watch every time I leave the house. My mother has hit 5 now since we moved in '89. Ran the last one over!

Yeah they are stupid! I can certainly understand something like this happening in an open area in Minnesota or northern Michigan but, I live in the metro Detroit area, northern Oakland County specifically. There are some open areas and nature preserves around here but, this happened on a main road next to a major shopping center next to the I-75 overpass all lit up with street lights. The other frustrating part is I vacation often in northern Michigan where this sort of thing happens and I have never even had a close call.

JCM1
10-23-06, 06:35 PM
I found out this afternoon that insurance is going to cover everything! The only issue I am having is with the door. They want to use a used door due to the GM list price for a new door being $1,300. There are a few options I'm looking into for getting a new door for a price they are willing to pay. If not, I think I'll just pay the difference and go with a new door. Everything else will be new sheet metal and new mirror. The door, fender, and hood will be repainted. I am also having some minor scratches fixed while it's there not associated with this collision. So hopfully, it will be better then before :)

CIWS
10-23-06, 06:42 PM
That's good news to a bad situation. Congrats ! :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-23-06, 06:43 PM
Nice! I'm surprised they paid for it!

My dad always said if theres ever a chance that you'll hit a deer, hit it. Insurance will cover that, but insurance won't cover the damage to my car caused by swerving to miss the deer and losing control.

JCM1
10-23-06, 06:59 PM
Nice! I'm surprised they paid for it!

My dad always said if theres ever a chance that you'll hit a deer, hit it. Insurance will cover that, but insurance won't cover the damage to my car caused by swerving to miss the deer and losing control.

Yeah, that's what I have heard from several people. In this case I didn't even see it until it hit the car. It basically came out of the shadow of the overpass. Just a bizarre situation.

Oldfatslob
10-23-06, 07:19 PM
I asked someone a while back if those deer whisltle things work, and they said yea, so I got some, but every dog on the road just stands there in front of me until I blow my horn.

CIWS
10-23-06, 07:20 PM
Many moons ago some friends and I were out camping on a weekend and on a saturday afternoon were riding the dirt bikes around having a good time. We were haulin butt down one of the gravel roads doing about 45mph when a Doe jumped across the road in front of the guy riding up in front. Then right behind that one another Doe jumped across the road except it slammed right into the guy riding in front broadsiding him and knocking him off the dirtbike. It apparently broke or seriously injured one of it's legs, but still managed to get back up and get on across the road into the woods. Our friend Dan had a serious case of road rash on his forearms from sliding on the gravel. But the bike was Ok ;)

Rolex
10-23-06, 07:33 PM
That's a great car bro. It completely sucks that you hit a deer. I can feel your pain because I've been there. I hit 5....YUP 5 deer my during my last two years of college. :thepan:

AlBundy
10-23-06, 08:14 PM
Geeez. You guys are such deer haters. Come to think about it I guess I would be if one slamed into my Eldo. Have any of you ever eaten deer. They taste good in a stew(i didn't know what I was eating) tricked by my farther. Overall it was still good. BTW great looking car I hope you get it back up to speed. Its worth it.

Rolex
10-23-06, 08:19 PM
Have any of you ever eaten deer. They taste good in a stew(i didn't know what I was eating) tricked by my farther.

I lived off of deer meat in college. There was a local place that would process the venison into ground meat by adding beef fat for flavor and so it would stick together. They also made summer sausage, jerky, and cut the meat into steaks. I could eat for a whole year off of a couple of deer.

Shooting them was one thing. But ramming into them with a vehicle isn't a cost effectiv e way of harvesting a deer. :D

CIWS
10-23-06, 08:35 PM
Geeez. You guys are such deer haters. Have any of you ever eaten deer. They taste good in a stew(i didn't know what I was eating) tricked by my farther. Overall it was still good.

WHATEVER you do, don't ask Ted Nugent about eating venison. You'll be there a month as he gives dissertation of the pros and pros of hunting and eating venison meat.
:yup:

JygyRcMJV7k

Rolex
10-23-06, 08:48 PM
WHATEVER you do, don't ask Ted Nugent about eating venison. You'll be there a month as he gives dissertation of the pros and pros of hunting and eating venison meat.
:yup:

JygyRcMJV7k

The Nuge is an intelligent guy but also a little nuts. He says he ONLY feeds his family animals from the wild, because he doesn't want meat with preservatives. That makes since in a fanatical kind of way.

I wouldn't care for the guy but he's a big....BIG pro second amendment guy. That makes him OK in Rolex's book. :thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
10-23-06, 08:55 PM
The Nuuge!

slk230mb
10-23-06, 08:56 PM
The Nuge is an intelligent guy but also a little nuts. He says he ONLY feeds his family animals from the wild, because he doesn't want meat with preservatives. That makes since in a fanatical kind of way.

I wouldn't care for the guy but he's a big....BIG pro second amendment guy. That makes him OK in Rolex's book. :thumbsup:

Ya gotta kill it before you grill it and anyone who doesn't like it can eat shit and die. - Ted Nugent

Rolex
10-23-06, 08:58 PM
Ya gotta kill it before you grill it and anyone who doesn't like it can eat shit and die. - Ted Nugent

That's signature material. :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-23-06, 09:01 PM
when i go hunting i call this guy (this one is an acutal one from the fighterwing i served with at eielson alaska)
http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/041221-F-3488S-003.jpg

JCM1
10-23-06, 11:17 PM
Geeez. You guys are such deer haters. Come to think about it I guess I would be if one slamed into my Eldo. Have any of you ever eaten deer. They taste good in a stew(i didn't know what I was eating) tricked by my farther. Overall it was still good. BTW great looking car I hope you get it back up to speed. Its worth it.

Yes, I have eaten deer. I never had it as a steak though, only as a stew and and a burger, both were good, epecially when garlic and pepper are added. I have several friends that hunt and as I said in a previous post I will be out with them at some point next month. And just so Rolex knows I am a big second amendment supporter.
Everything seems to be ok with the car. The insurance company is dealing with it and the only thing I'm going to try doing in locating a new door versus a used one. There are a few places I'm checking and if the insurance company still is draging it's heels about the door I'll just pay the difference. I will definatly post new pictures when everything is done.

dp102288
10-24-06, 10:42 AM
My dad says deer meat is "excellent". I never tried it.

Rolex
10-24-06, 09:28 PM
Yes, I have eaten deer. I never had it as a steak though, only as a stew and and a burger, both were good, epecially when garlic and pepper are added. I have several friends that hunt and as I said in a previous post I will be out with them at some point next month. And just so Rolex knows I am a big second amendment supporter.
Everything seems to be ok with the car. The insurance company is dealing with it and the only thing I'm going to try doing in locating a new door versus a used one. There are a few places I'm checking and if the insurance company still is draging it's heels about the door I'll just pay the difference. I will definatly post new pictures when everything is done.

I've got a killer recipe for venison steaks. Best made from tenderloin, served on an open faced sandwich. It was the only way my GF (now wife) would eat deer steak. If you're ever interested...:D

Adam
10-24-06, 09:37 PM
shoot it... make it into jerky... and give me some! :D seriously though, that sucks man... BAD! she looked like a real beauty too. i have seen one similar to that where i live. anyway, i might have missed it but do you plan on fixing it? looks like a few things you could get at a junkyard and then have it sprayed.

JCM1
10-25-06, 10:02 AM
shoot it... make it into jerky... and give me some! :D seriously though, that sucks man... BAD! she looked like a real beauty too. i have seen one similar to that where i live. anyway, i might have missed it but do you plan on fixing it? looks like a few things you could get at a junkyard and then have it sprayed.

It is being fixed, I'm happy to say the insurance company is taking care of everything. Even the insurance adjuster liked the car. The only issue I was having was with the door. They wanted to get a used door so they didn't have to pay the $1,300 for a new one. After further research however, Zorb750 used his GM connections and found a new door for a price more accetable to the insurance company. Everything is going to be replaced with new sheet metal, the door, fender, mirror, and hood will be repainted. I am also having two spots fixed not associated with the collision while it's there. It should be better then before. :) It will probably take about one to two weeks for everything. I will post a new picture when everything is done.

Jesda
10-25-06, 10:04 AM
So cute, and so tasty.

RobertCTS
10-25-06, 10:42 AM
I know the feeling. I live in a wooded area and highly populated with deer. I have two cars that have hit deer. The first was my wife's Altima a few years ago. Moderate damage. About a week ago I hit a deer with my CTS. Knocked it down and it went under my bumper valance. I was so lucky in that it only broke my license plate frame!!

Deer are beautiful animals but they reak havok in my yard each year by destroying my flowers, plants and small trees.:rant2:

CIWS
10-25-06, 10:49 AM
About a week ago I hit a deer with my CTS. Knocked it down and it went under my bumper valance. I was so lucky in that it only broke my license plate frame!!

Damn dude, that's lucky, I would hate to see your CTS get Venisoned. :duck:

Zorb750
10-25-06, 10:54 AM
I asked someone a while back if those deer whisltle things work, and they said yea, so I got some, but every dog on the road just stands there in front of me until I blow my horn.

Placebo Effect. They do not work. If they did then the range of speed you would have to drive in would be incredibly narrow just in to keep the frequency of sound produced by the whistle in the range that the deer would find undesirable.

Zorb750
10-25-06, 11:04 AM
Actually on the note of being hit by deer, I had one waltz straight into the driver's side of my first Jeep Grand Cherokee, right above the rear wheel. Damn stupid animal.

dp102288
10-26-06, 08:36 AM
Do they just look for dorrs to run into??

Man I would be so pissed I would try my best to kill it. Notice I said "try".