: Replacement Headlight Assembly

miklman
10-22-06, 02:36 PM
Is there anyplace to get headlight assemblies other than dealer. I have a 2000 Catera and the assemblies are falling apart.

Thanks

Warez
10-22-06, 02:40 PM
Try eBaymotors.de

Not OEM thought and I'm not sure about the quality.

What exactly is falling apart anyways?

miklman
10-22-06, 04:33 PM
I tried to aim the headlights and couldn't get them to budge. So I carefuly removed the lenses from the housings and found that the plastic pieces that atatch to the lamp sockets had shattered into small bits.

jimmyk
10-23-06, 10:36 AM
Try your friendly neighbourhood auto wrecker . Unfortunately Catera headlamps were of a very poor desgn and the clips holding the reflective lenses break far too easily. I just replaced headlamp assembly in my '97 Cat .

Warez
10-23-06, 06:07 PM
I tried to aim the headlights and couldn't get them to budge. So I carefuly removed the lenses from the housings and found that the plastic pieces that atatch to the lamp sockets had shattered into small bits.

Do you have the HID projector lights or the regular halogen housings?

Also was it difficult to remove the lenses from the housings?

Serobin88
10-24-06, 08:56 PM
GO TO WWW.GMPARTSDIRECT.COM.

Carefully select left an right assemblies. I replaced one on my 97 Catera. About $270 or so. Dealers want $400+. My new assembly is great and lens is like crystal. Adjustable and properly aimed now. Super. Glad I spent on OEM part.

miklman
10-29-06, 07:40 AM
My 2000 has halogen lamps. I removed the lenses on a very hot day here in FL. Used slight pressure prying the lens away from housing working a little at a time going around the lens. Poped off cleanly.