: Xenon Headlights?

nnater
02-26-04, 01:32 PM
I want to get Ultra White Xenon lights for my 98 STS, any suggestions on a brand? Also, do I need a seperate Xenon for the fog lamp, I think the fogs would look a little dull compared to the headlights.:confused:

Playdrv4me
02-26-04, 01:51 PM
If youre talking about replacement bulbs I have heard Sylvania Silverstars are just damn good. I wouldnt bother with alot of the crap thats out there under those no-name "kimyong" type brands, it can burn your harness wiring which can be VERY expensive, and it usually makes your light output very poor, hindering your vision and safety, and that of those around you.

ChiMick
02-26-04, 02:54 PM
I put SilverStars in my Deville last weekend. They are easy to install and I feel help visibility without being overwhelming.

Pep Boys carries them or you can order direct from Osram Sylvania.

ScottM6193
02-27-04, 08:17 AM
Sylvania Silverstars are definately the way to go unless you want true HID. If you do decide on real HID, don't get an aftermarket conversion kit. Get the parts off E-Bay for a 2001 or newer STS that had factory HID. It's not a real difficult conversion and it will give you better performance and looks than a kit.

evo
03-02-04, 01:17 AM
i dont know about silverstar.... but, my friend owns a whole sale company here plus factory on aftermarket lights overseas.... i would have to say most of the xenon super white lights are manufactured by the same factories. but if you order enough, they can put your brand name on it. what i am saying is, they are all the same.