: Chrysler Aspen

escaladefan
10-19-06, 02:58 PM
Do you like the new chrysler aspen, it is a hot SUV Now.

see the commercial at this site

YouTube - Chrysler Aspen - A Is For Aspen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjDgY5DfZiQ)

Cool Commercial.

Hopefully the hip-hop community and funkmaster flex would embrace this.

RobertCTS
10-19-06, 03:10 PM
I would probably pick a H3 hummer first.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/geiger-hummer-h3-1.jpg

Rolex
10-19-06, 03:21 PM
Looks like a Durango with a Crossfire hood. :o

90Brougham350
10-19-06, 03:27 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself!

RobertCTS
10-19-06, 03:30 PM
Wow..not many votes for the Aspen.

P-Funk
10-19-06, 03:31 PM

:yeah:

Florian
10-19-06, 03:45 PM
speed lines on the hood....what next air dam and rear spoiler? how do you spell shitty design: a s p e n

F

caddycruiser
10-19-06, 04:23 PM
I like it, but I've always been a Durango fan and this just gives the market a better dressed and more luxurious version of that.

Actually, put in basic terms, the Aspen is to the Durango what the '02-06 Escalade always was to the Tahoe.

Blackout
10-19-06, 04:25 PM
It doesn't do much for me. I've never actually looked inside of one but after checking out pictures of it on Chrysler's website it screams cheap. I've driven by them at the local dealership and from pictures versus real life I do think they look better in person

ChicagoCTS32
10-19-06, 04:26 PM
aspen, where the women flock like the salmon of capistrano. Where the beer flows like wine. ;)

Blah... I'm not a fan of the new Chrysler hood. I didn't like it on the crossfire, I don't like it on the aspen, I don't like it on the new sebring. Too busy.

gdwriter
10-19-06, 04:26 PM
Not only does it look stupid, it's a reminder of one of Mother Mopar's biggest lemons ever. What's next, a badge-engineered version of the Dodge Caliber...the Chrysler Volare?

CIWS
10-19-06, 04:30 PM
The TV spot looks like an attempt to appeal to the Escalade crowd.
Uhh good luck with that one Dr. Z !!

xxpinballxx
10-19-06, 04:54 PM
I might be a freak but I like the aspen from what I've seen. I don't think its as bad as everyone is saying. At least not to me. Hate the caliber and the vibe and the compass and all those other sub- SUV's.

ChicagoCTS32
10-19-06, 04:55 PM
sub-SUV's... that's being polite. They are wagons. Crossover is a polite way of saying stationwagon.

Elvis
10-19-06, 04:56 PM
aspen, where the women flock like the salmon of capistrano.

:confused:

I thought it was swallows that flocked to San Juan Capistrano?

I like the Aspen. Woudln't buy one, but I like what I've seen thus far.

xxpinballxx
10-19-06, 05:01 PM
I think the line was referring to Dumb and DUmber one of the greatest movies of all time for stupidity.

Yeah I guess you're right CHicago, that is pretty much what they are.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-19-06, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't buy it, I think it's ugly, and I'm not a big fan of Chrysler in general, but it is nice to see them moving upmarket.

DILLIGAF
10-19-06, 08:04 PM
A friend of mine just bought his wife a loaded Aspen,there nice with lots of power,a little boxy for me.Inside is not cheap at all,it's escalade nice actually.

Sandy
10-19-06, 08:52 PM
I'm not an SUV (or Crossover) person, but I voted YES, I like it. It's nice and looks like a nice luxury upscale SUV.

What I am waiting for (and I think I'm gonna have a looooong wait), is the Imperial.

Slywun
10-19-06, 09:50 PM
Would prefer an Aztec....

well not really, but if I had to choose between the two, it wouldn't be easy.....

Adam
10-19-06, 10:15 PM
not really. it aint no Cadillac :alchi:

ChicagoCTS32
10-19-06, 10:32 PM
thanks for pickin up what I was throwin down pinball :D

I still don't like it. I went to the chrysler website to take another look... maybe I just don't like chryslers, but I wouldn't kick a charger SRT8 out of my garage if someone gave it to me. All blacked out with the red calipers looks so brutal.

escaladefan
10-19-06, 11:07 PM
I like it, but I've always been a Durango fan and this just gives the market a better dressed and more luxurious version of that.

Actually, put in basic terms, the Aspen is to the Durango what the '02-06 Escalade always was to the Tahoe.

Dub Magazine would embrace this SUV.

Zorb750
10-20-06, 02:24 AM
Attrocious
Supersized
Piggish
Ego
Nonsense

I'll try to think of a better one.

Let's see what others we can come up with!

Seriously, the Aspen has to be one of the stupidest vehicles introduced in recent years. First of all, it's clearly a Durango, a vehicle which should itself have printed "Ages 4+" on its underside. Second of all, if they are trying to make it seem upscale at all, they need to shitcan the huge HEMI badge. All that does is look obnoxious. The whole style of the car screams "LOOK AT ME I THINK I'M A RICH RAP STAR WHEN I REALLY BORROWED HEAVILY AGAINST MY ZERO DOWN, INTEREST ONLY, BALOON MORTGAGE TO BUY IT ALL! WOO HOO I'VE MADE IT!"

Then again, I have a similar opinion of the Escalade, though not nearly as bad. I think GM put way too much into looking the part as compared to acting the part. Then again, maybe look IS the part after all.

xxpinballxx
10-20-06, 06:08 AM
on the same note then the FOrd Fusion and the mercury Milan....the milan has the soft leather interior and all the chrome trim....I don't see anything wrong with taking a model and trying to make it appeal to the cabin minded individual who wants all the luxury and really doesn't think about the actual performance.

davesdeville
10-20-06, 06:52 AM
For the price it aint too bad IMO.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-20-06, 08:39 AM
The whole style of the car screams "LOOK AT ME I THINK I'M A RICH RAP STAR WHEN I REALLY BORROWED HEAVILY AGAINST MY ZERO DOWN, INTEREST ONLY, BALOON MORTGAGE TO BUY IT ALL! WOO HOO I'VE MADE IT!"

Then again, I have a similar opinion of the Escalade, though not nearly as bad.

I totally agree with you!

RobertCTS
10-20-06, 08:48 AM
I use my wife's Hemi powered Magnum to haul our groceries and trips to Lowes.:D

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/Magnum.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-20-06, 08:50 AM
My dad really wants one of those with a Hemi. He had one as a rental with the 2.7 V6, said the car was great but it had no power! He said he'd have to have atleast the 3.5 V6 in it to make it fun to drive.

dp102288
10-20-06, 09:56 AM
I like it but I wouldn't buy it.

Looks good for the price.

ChicagoCTS32
10-20-06, 10:15 AM

You totally took that picture on River Road in Columbus didn't you! I drove right by there!

Jesda
10-20-06, 10:38 AM
If I was the kind of man who liked having sex with other men, I would totally buy an Aspen.

xxpinballxx
10-20-06, 06:07 PM
I like the magnum alot! THrough a 300 clip on it and a few mods its a real sharp car.

gothicaleigh
10-20-06, 06:45 PM

How do you like the Magnum? I've been thinking lately about getting one as a shop vehicle/work van.

Zorb750
10-21-06, 06:08 AM
I like the magnum alot! THrough a 300 clip on it and a few mods its a real sharp car.

They actually build that for the European market. There's no magnum there, but there is a 300 wagon. There are a few running around near me (I'm a stone's throw away from Auburn Hills, MI) with engines ranging from a Mercedes CDI diesel to a 5.7 HEMI V8, and metric instrumentation. (I choose the diesel)

Now if they would only sell it here. It's just like a Magnum with 300 body work, even the dual exhaust (On the V8 and Diesel, not the V6)

Sandy
10-21-06, 08:00 AM
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4637/300ctouring56dj.jpg

xxpinballxx
10-21-06, 08:21 AM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Now thats the stuff!

Mitch3
10-21-06, 09:30 AM
A Rose by any other name would smell as "Oh Crap...Another Giant On The Road"

RobertCTS
10-21-06, 09:37 AM
My dad really wants one of those with a Hemi. He had one as a rental with the 2.7 V6, said the car was great but it had no power! He said he'd have to have atleast the 3.5 V6 in it to make it fun to drive.

I think the Charger, Chrysler
and Magnum which share the same platform, the Magnum looks best and turns more heads in traffic. It looks racey standing still!!:yup:

Zorb750
10-21-06, 10:25 AM
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4637/300ctouring56dj.jpg

You got it, though the one I see most of the time is red. I've only seen a silver one once.

dp102288
10-21-06, 10:54 AM
I don't like the chrysler wagon. the dodge looks way better.

Mitch3
10-24-06, 01:30 PM
I've been following this thread, although I don't k now why because I really hate these overgrown tanks. Lots of comments about the Dodge Magnum which I do really like. Has anyone seen the new Mercedes Station Wagon. I saw it on a commercial the other night but can't remember the actual name. It is really COOL !!! Looks like the Daimler Benz people said let's make a car that looks like a Dodge Magnum but smooth it out a little. I'm really impressed.

HITMONEY
10-24-06, 01:35 PM
:confused:

I thought it was swallows that flocked to San Juan Capistrano?

Heh, i used to live there... Capistrano Beach.... loved it. :thumbsup:

dp102288
10-25-06, 09:08 AM
Has anyone seen the new Mercedes Station Wagon. I saw it on a commercial the other night but can't remember the actual name. It is really COOL !!! Looks like the Daimler Benz people said let's make a car that looks like a Dodge Magnum but smooth it out a little. I'm really impressed.

Is that the R class?

gothicaleigh
10-25-06, 09:50 AM
The fates are conspiring against me.
I've been toying with the idea of getting a Magnum as a work van/shop advertisement, but really wasn't serious (it's a Dodge afterall, how could I be? :p ). That was until yesterday afternoon.

Driving past the local dealership I saw the perfect V8 black on cream Magnum sitting on the lot. Even better (for Michigan, anyways) it's AWD. I didn't even know they came in AWD. :D
Better yet, and the reason I took serious consideration, it's a loaded used '05. No horrid initial US new car depreciation (which was always one of my excuses for not looking at one).

It's perfect and I don't think I'll be able to resist stopping for a test drive later today...

My only concern and excuse left it seems is: Will a 4x8 sign or sheet lay flat in the back?

RobertCTS
10-25-06, 10:06 AM
The fates are conspiring against me.
I've been toying with the idea of getting a Magnum as a work van/shop advertisement, but really wasn't serious (it's a Dodge afterall, how could I be? :p ). That was until yesterday afternoon.

Driving past the local dealership I saw the perfect V8 black on cream Magnum sitting on the lot. Even better (for Michigan, anyways) it's AWD. I didn't even know they came in AWD. :D
Better yet, and the reason I took serious consideration, it's a loaded used '05. No horrid initial US new car depreciation (which was always one of my excuses for not looking at one).

It's perfect and I don't think I'll be able to resist stopping for a test drive later today...

My only concern and excuse left it seems is: Will a 4x8 sign or sheet lay flat in the back?

My wife has the Hemi Magnum. I think the wheel wells would interfere with the 4x8 but it may work if you put the sheet on to of the wheel wells.

gothicaleigh
10-25-06, 10:14 AM
I was afraid of that. Some things I carry need to be laid flat... I still think I want one though. It's just convincing myself that it would be practical...

I know one thing for sure though. If I get it those rediculously large Hemi badges are getting shaved. :p :D

dp102288
10-26-06, 09:34 AM
^^ That way you could trick the other cars into racing you... (maybe I am just bad :D)

About laying it flat, maybe you could just get some light milk crates (or similar) to put what you need flat right over the wheel wells. Some how you could secure it? Then you could still fit it in, but it would still be flat.

You could always build a frame to put on the floor of the car, made out of wood, that you could lift out.

urbanski
10-26-06, 12:27 PM
No horrid initial US new car depreciation (which was always one of my excuses for not looking at one).

?

you said horrid
you a brit?
i'm not, but other than me only brits say that :p

thebigjimsho
10-27-06, 12:28 PM

Actually, put in basic terms, the Aspen is to the Durango what the '02-06 Escalade always was to the Tahoe.Yeah, except the Tahoe doesn't look like my ass...

caddycruiser
10-27-06, 01:27 PM
Yeah, except the Tahoe doesn't look like my ass...

Well, that's your opinion. There's very few cars I don't like, so it's good some people dislike some and like others.

That said, I still haven't seen an Aspen on the road ANYWHERE--just at dealers--and I have very nagging feeling that, despite any efforts, it may turn into a really regrettable production decision. The differentiation is on the same level a '02-06 Escalade was compared to a Tahoe, but the Chrysler is a whole new name and really has no real credibility yet other than being "the fancy Durango." And they already had loaded Durangos over the $40k mark, so it just complicates things.

In the end, it may just come down to being what look you like more--kinda like Chevy vs. GMC, since the prices aren't that far off from one another (loaded Dodge vs. Chrysler).

thebigjimsho
10-27-06, 09:18 PM
No, seriously. It's square with a dimpled hood. The Aspen looks like my ass.

dp102288
10-28-06, 10:20 AM
^^ :histeric:

He repeated it...must be true.

Ewww. Now we know what your ass looks like. :vomit:

thebigjimsho
10-28-06, 03:47 PM
^^ :histeric:

He repeated it...must be true.

Ewww. Now we know what your ass looks like. :vomit:I could also make an analogy with a Top Fuel Dragster...

dp102288
10-29-06, 08:16 AM
^^ Full of gas and blows up easily? :D