: Just Installed,NEW TIRES, All SAME SIZE

Smokin' SRX
10-19-06, 12:50 PM
Just got 4 Dunlap SP Sport 5000 255/55-18H installed! Shop was hesitant due to change from OE staggered sizes. I insisted and they put on and aligned both axles (AWD vehicle!)

Wow! Smoother, little quieter, little softer ride, same handling (dry road only, so far) than Mich's w/20K on them. My fronts were worn and edges gone! Rears had normal wear. Est. I would've gotten 10K more miles on rear.

Now I can rotate! I have placed a small dot on the front valves and 2 dots on the rear valves to keep me aware of which is the front tire and which is the rear, if my "LOW Pressure" sign comes on! I only will rotate front to rear , on SAME side of car and thus can avoid computer " re-learning" the tire signal positions of the wheels, each time I rotate!

The shop was MAVIS (mavis.com) they ship to you, or their closest shop and I had their shop do the deed for $169 per........out the door! Included shipping, tax, balancing, mounting, but not alignment ($59 extra )
I'm happy with an "H" rating as I won't be going more than 130MPH anytime soon! (OE "V" , is 149 MPH rated :cookoo: )
The web site has an 800 # also! Saved $200 or more than Mich's and can rotate!!!:D

b4z
10-19-06, 03:52 PM
Pics?

beekay
10-20-06, 12:24 PM
getting my snows put on now along with an alignment, if needed. should have some good wear indications when I get my summers back this afternoon.

Smokin' SRX
10-23-06, 12:25 PM
Pics?

Don't have pix but the tires can be seen at the Dunlap web site! Nice tread pattern! Love 'em!:bouncy:

itwonder
12-10-06, 11:22 AM
You are lucky the shop installed them. Many, if not most, shops will not install an H rated tire if the vehicle came factory equipped with a V rated tire.

srxfrank
12-10-06, 11:48 AM
I put same size tires on mine about 1,000 miles ago car handles the same as it did. Thanks for the tip on the dots on the valve stem. I was trying to think of a way to remember which valves were front/rear. Buy the way it was at Discount tire.

scout01
12-11-06, 06:38 AM
Are the different tire sizes for only SRX's before 2006? I looked at my tires on my 06 and they are 18's all the way around.

srxfrank
12-11-06, 07:20 AM
the tire size are different, not the wheel size.

TSS
12-11-06, 08:38 AM
Specifically, tire width.

Smokin' SRX
12-25-06, 01:43 PM
You are lucky the shop installed them. Many, if not most, shops will not install an H rated tire if the vehicle came factory equipped with a V rated tire.

I imagine me suing them for putting tires that I requested , on the truck, after I "blow" one out @ 130MPH + is not a major concern of theirs :) Besides I signed the ticket.:rolleyes:

Smokin' SRX
12-25-06, 01:53 PM
I put same size tires on mine about 1,000 miles ago car handles the same as it did. Thanks for the tip on the dots on the valve stem. I was trying to think of a way to remember which valves were front/rear. Buy the way it was at Discount tire.

Hi! Yeah, dots work out good and no one else really notices! Main thing is that we are warned of a low tire pressure while doing 70MPH, BEFORE it blows! we can figure out if it's the left side: front or rear tire! Duh! $2 tire guage does it every time!:yup:

No probs at 3K miles now! The "H" are great riding/handling. Little softer (10%)
Enjoy rotating!:thumbsup: