: Lexus LF-H Prototype spied (V series killer)

Blackout
10-19-06, 12:40 PM
http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/oct18-lexus-lf-h.jpg

LEFTLANE AUTO NEWS - - The Lexus LF-A concept car has made a public appearance at the Tokyo Motor Show and elsewhere. However, while the shiny display model was on the Lexus stand, a black-clad prototype has been in testing since April.

These latest photos show engineers putting the car through the paces at Germany's Nurburgring circuit. The car's complete roofline is now visible, and we expect more camo will be dropped in the coming months.

Toyota officials let slip in Tokyo that the production car, likely to be called the LF-H, is going to have a V10 engine, developed from the engines in Toyota's F1 cars, which is thought to develop over 500 hp. Although the engine is front- rather than mid-mounted, the LF-H will be rear-wheel drive, and Lexus has promised "the ultimate weight balance," "extravagant comfort" and "precision operation." The LF-H hasn't yet been confirmed for production, but the continued and sustained testing of prototypes suggests that it's a pretty definite contender.

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/tm_1-oct18-lexus-lf-h.jpg (http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=4270&idg=1&idi=1)http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/tm_2-oct18-lexus-lf-h.jpg (http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=4270&idg=1&idi=2)http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/tm_3-oct18-lexus-lf-h.jpg (http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=4270&idg=1&idi=3)

ShadowLvr400
10-19-06, 01:06 PM
Looks a little like the rumored Supra and the Skyline rumors. Where's the NSX's next gen?

ChicagoCTS32
10-19-06, 01:58 PM
The NSX is dead, but rumored to return as a mid-engine Honda priced about the same.

P-Funk
10-19-06, 02:13 PM
I can't say that the styling (at least what I can make of it) does anything for me. Just doesn't look that appealing.

90Brougham350
10-19-06, 02:32 PM
Agreed. Japanese styling at its usual. However, 500 horses certainly is a V-killer, since the next generation CTS-V more than likely won't have 500. It's crazy to think the Japanese are getting into power like they have been as of late. The LS460 and LS600 both prove it. Germany will have a huge competitor in the Japanese luxury brands in years to come.

Blackout
10-19-06, 02:51 PM
Agreed. Japanese styling at its usual. However, 500 horses certainly is a V-killer, since the next generation CTS-V more than likely won't have 500. It's crazy to think the Japanese are getting into power like they have been as of late. The LS460 and LS600 both prove it. Germany will have a huge competitor in the Japanese luxury brands in years to come.The main reason for the sudden increase in japanese performance cars is that in Japan they had a law stating that cars couldn't come with more then 300 hp. Why that is I dunno. It wasn't until I believe last year that they dropped that law and now here come the japanese supercars! The Nissan Skyline will be here in 2008 and badged as a Nissan and not a Infiniti. Honda is supposedly working on a replacement for the NSX and is supposedly it will have a V10.

90Brougham350
10-19-06, 03:32 PM
I didn't know that! Interesting, seems everyone is stepping up the competition. A global horsepower war with much safer, better built cars than the 60's.

P-Funk
10-19-06, 03:40 PM
Agreed. Japanese styling at its usual. However, 500 horses certainly is a V-killer, since the next generation CTS-V more than likely won't have 500.

I don't know if I'd say that 500 horses would be a V-killer, we'll just have to wait and see. Since when is 500 hp in the next generation V not likely?

Florian
10-19-06, 03:42 PM
HP wars....gotta love it.

F

HushH
10-19-06, 04:01 PM
The main reason for the sudden increase in japanese performance cars is that in Japan they had a law stating that cars couldn't come with more then 300 hp. Why that is I dunno. It wasn't until I believe last year that they dropped that law and now here come the japanese supercars! The Nissan Skyline will be here in 2008 and badged as a Nissan and not a Infiniti. Honda is supposedly working on a replacement for the NSX and is supposedly it will have a V10.

It was actually a gentlemen's agreement between Japanese automakers rather than a law and it was on paper only. The previous Skyline GT-Rs, 300ZX twin turbos and others were all making more than the agreed 276bhp, but they were all rated at exactly that figure.

I think more than the breaking of the agreement is that we just haven't been seeing as many of these more powerful cars available stateside, mainly for emissions reasons. The WRX, EVO, GT-R, etc. have all been around for a while and making good power, but they've just recently become available to us.

Blackout
10-19-06, 04:21 PM
It was actually a gentlemen's agreement between Japanese automakers rather than a law and it was on paper only. The previous Skyline GT-Rs, 300ZX twin turbos and others were all making more than the agreed 276bhp, but they were all rated at exactly that figure.

I think more than the breaking of the agreement is that we just haven't been seeing as many of these more powerful cars available stateside, mainly for emissions reasons. The WRX, EVO, GT-R, etc. have all been around for a while and making good power, but they've just recently become available to us.That was it! I remember it was something like that but I thought it was a law. I remember that after Suzuki built the Hayabusa there was a similar agreement with bike manufacturers to chill out on the performance of bikes so that they wouldn't become too extreme and dangerous to ride but I guess Kawasaki broke the treaty with the new ZX-14

HushH
10-19-06, 04:27 PM
Yep, the government over there definitely has a hand in initiating some of these agreements for "safety reasons".

xxpinballxx
10-19-06, 05:09 PM
Love the busa but I'll take Blackbird anyday!!

Adam
10-19-06, 05:16 PM
very cool. good find bro! i doubt this but do you guys think it is possible that the next gen CTS-V will get the LS7?

Blackout
10-19-06, 05:23 PM
very cool. good find bro! i doubt this but do you guys think it is possible that the next gen CTS-V will get the LS7?I would doubt it. They wouldn't want to have their entry level car be their fastest car especially when the XLR-V is 100k. AT the most it will keep the LS2 and maybe do some re-tuning or have a less restrictive exhaust to free up some hp but I think the LS2 is the end of the line for the CTS-V. But hey you never know, this is just my opinion

Adam
10-19-06, 05:29 PM
I would doubt it. They wouldn't want to have their entry level car be their fastest car especially when the XLR-V is 100k. AT the most it will keep the LS2 and maybe do some re-tuning or have a less restrictive exhaust to free up some hp but I think the LS2 is the end of the line for the CTS-V. But hey you never know, this is just my opinion

very true, but i have heard rumors (and not from the V section either). a while back i read on here about the "Super V" and talked to a friend of mine (who is a doctor) who goes to some of GM's events, gets to drive the cars, watch the tests being performed, etc. i asked him if he heard anything about it, he said he cant really say but they were running an STS-V and a CTS-V and it was running laps on the STS. it said "supercharged" on the side of the STS too (i asked). anyway, he said it looked like a regular V with a body kit on it. who knows though... could have been some aftermarket stuff in the other (but why would GM do that?).

Blackout
10-19-06, 05:31 PM
very true, but i have heard rumors (and not from the V section either). a while back i read on here about the "Super V" and talked to a friend of mine (who is a doctor) who goes to some of GM's events, gets to drive the cars, watch the tests being performed, etc. i asked him if he heard anything about it, he said he cant really say but they were running an STS-V and a CTS-V and it was running laps on the STS. it said "supercharged" on the side of the STS too (i asked). anyway, he said it looked like a regular V with a body kit on it. who knows though... could have been some aftermarket stuff in the other (but why would GM do that?).Just a FYI you do know that the STS-V is supercharged right? But the Super V got cancelled I believe. I think I posted something about it awhile ago

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-news-concepts-future-models-rumors/83495-super-cts-v-cancelled.html

HushH
10-19-06, 05:59 PM
Sounds like the supposed Super V may have just been a test mule for the 09 CTS-V's powerplant.

Adam
10-19-06, 06:33 PM
Just a FYI you do know that the STS-V is supercharged right? But the Super V got cancelled I believe. I think I posted something about it awhile ago

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-news-concepts-future-models-rumors/83495-super-cts-v-cancelled.html

yeah i know it is supercharged that is why i asked him. he said it was an STS-V and i said "did it have V symbols and say 'supercharge' on the side?" to which he answered yes. i havent seen that link i dont believe so ill go check it out. thanks bro!

Blackout
10-19-06, 08:09 PM
yeah i know it is supercharged that is why i asked him. he said it was an STS-V and i said "did it have V symbols and say 'supercharge' on the side?" to which he answered yes. i havent seen that link i dont believe so ill go check it out. thanks bro!Oh ok. Because the way you worded it it sounded as if you didn't know. BTW how's your CTS running?

Adam
10-19-06, 10:11 PM
Oh ok. Because the way you worded it it sounded as if you didn't know. BTW how's your CTS running?

Wonderful! thanks for asking!:) right now its in the shop because a drunk driver hit it during race week and took out the whole right rear quarter panel. supposed to get it back next week... possibility i could get it tomorrow (Lord i hope). but she is running just perfect, no problems. had the a/c fixed a little while back (compressor went out but replaced under warranty) been driving the Aztek and my Ducati in the meantime (more Duc than Aztek). love that damn bike, so glad i bought it.

house
10-20-06, 12:20 AM
looks like a sports car , so its competition for teh zo6 not a 4 door performance sedan.

Blackout
10-20-06, 07:08 AM
Wonderful! thanks for asking!:) right now its in the shop because a drunk driver hit it during race week and took out the whole right rear quarter panel. supposed to get it back next week... possibility i could get it tomorrow (Lord i hope). but she is running just perfect, no problems. had the a/c fixed a little while back (compressor went out but replaced under warranty) been driving the Aztek and my Ducati in the meantime (more Duc than Aztek). love that damn bike, so glad i bought it.That sucks about your car man! I would have had to whoop some ass! Hopefully they did a good job putting her back together and matching the paint up for you

dp102288
10-20-06, 10:45 AM
What will the Price be though? If its really up there, it may be a V killer, but not in the same class.