: I really like my SRX

TSS
10-17-06, 12:31 PM
I like my SRX - a lot. I have been pleased with the purchase, my dealer, and the vehicle itself.

With all the negatives being posted, I just wanted to say that so anybody looking to purchase knows there are also very satisfied owners.

Anybody else? ONLY satisfied owners need respond! :)

Todd

mjk
10-17-06, 01:33 PM
I'm with you!

I'm approaching 30k mile mark on my 04 and still love it, despite all the minor problems.

donjumpsuit
10-17-06, 03:25 PM
I would like to interject some love here. I know I have been posting some pretty negative comments about my SRX but one thing remains the same.

When my SRX is running with no problems I dearly love it to death. When I climb into it after driving in accords or general rental cars, I feel the difference right away, and it feels like quality, and like someone gave a damn when engineering how a car should function when it goes over bumps, while still having the cornering/acceleration of a sports car. All you have to do is compare the sound of the door closing to another car, and you will notice a difference.

The seat is literally the best car seat I have ever had the pleasure of sitting in (haven't been in a Ferrari or lambo, but I am sure they may not accommodate my slightly husky stature). I also love the roof, although I don't have the climate to pimp it that often.

I also love the styling, which to the day remains current even still. Ridiculous yes, but one main reason I choose the car was the LED taillights, and huge tail bar on the top of the hatch, all the switches in the interior have backlights at night making them easy to find, and the interior lights are numerous which is a pleasure.

If I bought the car for 30k and had no shop time other than a simple brake job, I would be loving this car. Unfortunately, I am a human being, and need my car for work, and for general convenience. Today marks the 35th consecutive day, and 60th overall day my car has been at the dealer for repair and I have had it only 20 months. Enough is enough already.

I apologize for being frustrated, but am trying my best.

b4z
10-17-06, 04:53 PM
The probs I have had with mine are pretty minor also, except when the theft deterrent system wouldn't let it start.
I have had the car 31 months and have 32K on it and I really enjoy driving it.
It is about perfect on the highway at 80+mph and the seats don't give me the lumbar probs my GTO does after about 3 hours.
I would definitely lease one again.
Wouldn't buy one because I feel that when something goes wrong it should be Caddy's prob not mine and with the stunning depreciation compared to a Lexus it doesn't really make sense to buy an American car anymore.
At least until GM can figure out how to prop up resale values.

beekay
10-17-06, 05:35 PM
I like our 04 V8. we were sold when we saw the roof! so cool. this has not had near the issues my 01 Audi Allroads had. I am hoping that I can negotiate and keep the car. its nice, powerful, full sized and sporty.

They missed some things, but all cars have something lacking. you hear the pain more than the joy because this is where people go first (usually) to find out if they are the only ones with this particular issue. its a bummer, but its life on the internet.
resale is an issue, unless you are trading out of your lease and buying a used 05 for 20k!

BarryH_GEG
10-17-06, 11:55 PM
I love mine. It's a '05 V8 AWD with Luxury Performance (which means it has every option) and I can't think of another car I'd rather have more (for now). I have 20" wheels on it along with the Corsa exhaust and Volant CAI. As someone else said, it's a performance car that carries stuff. The AWD is great in the snow and ice we get and the UltraView makes it almost a convertible in the summer. I detailed it a couple of weeks ago and was totally impressed with the materials and build quality. I've even gotten used to the funky neo-fighter plane interior.

I'll have had it a year and have had two problems. The first was a non-functioning rear windshield washer which took less than a day to repair and I'm waiting for a new XM module because I have intermittent reception problems. Minor issues in the overall scheme of things.

I've driven European cars for the last 10 years but, because of my SRX experience, just bought a CTS to replace my end-of-lease BMW. Truth be told, what got me in to both the SRX and CTS are the prices I got on both of them - well below dealer cost. The SRX had an MSRP of 61K and I bought it new for $43K. The CTS had an MSRP of $39K and I got it new for $27K. Unfortunately for GM, price was the big influencing factor that got me in to the Cadillac brand which is not the direction they want to go in the future. But, based on my experience, I'm now a brand advocate and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Cadillac and/or recommend one to a friend.

Dealers do make a huge difference in your ownership experience as all cars break. My selling dealer's a no-hassle pricing shop so I was in and out in less than an hour after doing all of the preliminary work over the phone. My servicing dealer sold me my last Volvo and BMW (they're a multi-brand store) and are both competent and customer-centric. They even installed the Corsa exhaust and after-market wheels I bought elsewhere. Cars have gotten so technically complicated that all brands now have problems. I can't help but think that the dealers are the reason that so many of you are having recurring problems and are so dissatisfied. It's a shame really because, based on my experiences, the cars themselves are class-competitive and well designed and executed.

GMJim
10-19-06, 11:59 AM
How refreshing to read a non-negative forum for a change. SRX is an awesome vehicle. I love my 04. Not perfect, but what car is. matter a fact,
what anything is? Other than the perfect people who continually complain about everything. I wish there was a forum for the company they are employed by.

rayban
10-20-06, 02:03 PM
I've got an 05 V6 loaded with 17500 miles, the only problem was the ultraview making noise (at about 10K miles) and although that fix took a couple days, the car has been otherwise flawless. I think it's the blend of functionality and handling that impresses me the most. It's as close to a no compromises vehicle as you can get. Dry handling, wet/snow, luxury, utility, kid hauling, great design . . . did I miss anything?

smithb
10-20-06, 03:35 PM
I bought my fully loaded 04 used to take advantage of the resale value. I love it. It still has plenty of the 4/50k warranty left, and the only things I had it in for were 2 cosmetic problems (rubberized coating peeling around the CD slot and the rear license area plastic cracked, both due to the previous owner's actions), and the ultraview would auto reverse when it tried to push down the wind deflector. All fixed with no complaints. Otherwise no other problems. The MRC is awesome, the ride quiet, comfortable, and sporty when i want it to be, the DVD nav is very useful driving around unkown cities, the sunroof is great, and I enjoy beating punks in their civics/tiburons/neons/assorted junk in drag races. I could mention things I would like to be better or different, but if i were to personalize all the details to my tastes, other people wouldn't like it. i think they made great compromises to fit the most people right from the factory. If i buy another crossover, it will most likely be another SRX. It will be a while though before I replace mine.

dbknight
10-22-06, 04:45 PM
I love my SRX too. I get so many compliments on it -- I was approached by someone in a parking lot who was driving the Mercedes SUV (ML I think?) -- asking me how I liked my car and commenting on the sporty styling.

The MRC, Nav and UltraView are my favorite features.

c5 rv
10-22-06, 09:15 PM
I have about 6500 miles on my SRX and it has been everything I expected of it. It's the easiest vehicle I've ever had to transport my wife and her wheelchair. Clients and other passengers always have good things to say about it - especially those who get to enjoy the room in the back seat. One lady who owns the big Lexus SUV commented how much better she liked the door openings and ease of entry & exit with the SRX.

Power with the V6 RWD has been adequate and the "old style" dash suits me just fine, having previously owned a CTS. I knew I'd appreciate the narrower door sills on the 06, but the big surprise has been the power liftgate. I've found that to be extremely handy when needing to open or close the liftgate with things in my hands.

If someone stole the one I had, I'd probably buy another very similar unit. Well, maybe I'd also add the V8, and MRC, and AWD, and UV, and...

TSS
10-23-06, 11:54 AM
If someone stole the one I had, I'd probably buy another very similar unit. Well, maybe I'd also add the V8, and MRC, and AWD, and UV, and...

I can't believe what I just read.... YOU, add the Ultra-view? :) I thought you were as anti Ultra-view as they come!

Todd

c5 rv
10-23-06, 12:36 PM
I can't believe what I just read.... YOU, add the Ultra-view? :) I thought you were as anti Ultra-view as they come!

Todd

LOL I guess the guys who are having success in getting them quieted down are swaying me. Then there's my wife who asks why the SRX doesn't have a T-top like the vette.

BANK
10-24-06, 11:32 PM
I like getting into my SRX and driving it. Especially when I have to drive a distance. Somewhere near 80 miles I become pleased with my purchase decision, even after 26k miles.

Wish the dealer were better.

Flash
10-27-06, 12:29 PM
Like mine so much I have ordered another to replace it. A V6 this time.

TSS
11-29-06, 02:01 PM
This thread needed to be brought back to the top for newcomers.

More positive comments welcome! Anybody unfamiliar with the SRX would get the wrong negative impression IMO from the majority of posts here. Mainly, because we only post when we have a problem. All vehicle forums I have belonged to in the past are plagued by this same issue.

robhersch
11-29-06, 07:57 PM
I like my SRX - a lot. I have been pleased with the purchase, my dealer, and the vehicle itself. With all the negatives being posted, I just wanted to say that so anybody looking to purchase knows there are also very satisfied owners.
Anybody else? ONLY satisfied owners need respond! :) Todd

DITTO!! We also really like our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; after seeing & driving the 04 V6 & V8, we started driving & comparing with BMW, Lex, MB, etc, etc ; ordered 04 V8 Blue Chip RWD w/ Ebony, UltraView, no NAV, lumbar, trailering; canceled 04 after 4 mo on order (combo not avail); again retested the competition; reordered 05 same as above in 11/04, took delivery in 1/05. Had the radio replaced (DIC reset), had suspension recall check (no action reqd), declined to allow "AWD reflash". Now at ~ 14K mi; very satisfied all around, it is one great vehicle!!!