: New Toy For Us!

Boombotz
10-17-06, 12:10 AM
So any one that read Urbs thread about his new floor knows our 60" big screen went down the other night. Had a guy come to look at it today and made the decision it was better just to go newer and bigger. here is what we got. Samsung 61" 1080p DLP HDTV
Model: HL-S6187W With a widescreen aspect ratio, DLP chip and Cinema Smooth 1080p Light Engine technology, this DLP TV produces a vivid, razor-sharp image without pixel breakup. The built-in 10W speakers with SRS TruSurround deliver high-quality sound to complement the stunning picture quality.

This tv is amazing. I can not believe how great the picture is. Thought about plasma, but heard this tv was just as good if not better. I cant say I disagree.

HITMONEY
10-17-06, 12:28 AM
Wow!! What a coincidence...

I have been looking for a new 60 to 70 inch TV myself.. just looked at that same that Samsung today. Also been looking at the Sony XBR2 60inch and the Mitsubishi 63 and 73 inch.

Congratulations!!!!!!

RobertCTS
10-17-06, 05:32 AM
Boomer,
What did you have before and how long did it last? I've been looking at the LCD TVs. I have a space problem in that my entertainment center will only hold a 40" screen with no speakers on the side of the TV. My room isn't that big and you can have a screen that's to big for good viewing. I imagine after watching that big screen watching a DVD movie on your NAV screen would be out of the question.:D

urbanski
10-17-06, 05:55 AM
:drool:

w00t congrats! shes a beauty!

CIWS
10-17-06, 07:17 AM
Great choice ! The Samsung HDTVs have a fantastic picture and the 3000:1 contrast ratio. :D (been looking at them)

I just got a new computer monitor yesterday and guess who it's made by ? :D

SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD - Digital | 225BW (http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS22DPWCBQXAA.asp)

RobertCTS
10-17-06, 07:34 AM
Great choice ! The Samsung HDTVs have a fantastic picture and the 3000:1 contrast ratio. :D (been looking at them)

I just got a new computer monitor yesterday and guess who it's made by ? :D

SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD - Digital | 225BW (http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS22DPWCBQXAA.asp)

Yeah, I want a new LCD Flat screen too..$$$$
I just bought all new Boston Acoustic Speakers and Yamaha Amp for my Surround sound. Damn I'm out of control!!

dp102288
10-17-06, 08:17 AM
Hmmm. We like Samsung.

In our living room we have an RCA Scenium, 65". I still like to watch it...when its off! :D

Boombotz
10-17-06, 08:31 AM
Boomer,
What did you have before and how long did it last? I've been looking at the LCD TVs. I have a space problem in that my entertainment center will only hold a 40" screen with no speakers on the side of the TV. My room isn't that big and you can have a screen that's to big for good viewing. I imagine after watching that big screen watching a DVD movie on your NAV screen would be out of the question.:D
We had a RCA 60" rear projection TV. We bought in March of 1997. It almost lasted 10 years.

ChicagoCTS32
10-17-06, 09:02 AM
Very nice boomer. DLP's are amazing. Good thing you avoided plasma. Limited life and dead pixels. Take a look REALLY close look at a plasma tv at best buy or circuit city and you'll find dead pixels. Once they die, they're dead for good and the whole tv has to be replaced.

Robert, go here: Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras, and Electronics (http://www.newegg.com)
They have daily deals on their front page every day. Usually 20-40 different items and there is usually a 19-23" LCD tv and a 32-37" LCD on special. Yesterday's was insane. Sharp Aquos 32" HD-built in for $899 with free shipping. Last friday it was a 32" samsung for $1049 and over the weekend they had a 37" Olevia for $999. All those prices are about $300 - $400 off of retail.

DBA-One
10-17-06, 10:36 AM
I'm better than all of you. My 27" Sony CRT based tv kicks major ass.

xxpinballxx
10-17-06, 10:43 AM
I am just fine with my 13" 1954 black and white zenith...but I love watching my movies with surround sound on my 106" draper screen with the the BenQ DLP projector.
http://xxpinballxx.zoints.com/image/39117-tvroom

CadillacGurl
10-17-06, 10:48 AM
You lucky men and your TVs... I'm stuck with like 20 inch tv in my dorm room