: Collectors...? Anyone?

xxpinballxx
10-16-06, 09:05 PM
Just wondering what the folks here collect.....
I'm sure there are some interesting collections here.
I have over 12,000 hot wheels and probably 200+ action figures such as McFarlane Spawn characters austin powers figures matrix and a slew of others.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-16-06, 09:34 PM
LEGOS .....

and tons of hotwheels cars , 1:18 diecast models , models that you put together and just about anything related to cars ...

xxpinballxx
10-16-06, 09:36 PM
I use to do the model cars along time ago. Placed in a few contests back in the autorama at Cleveland COnvention center days. Take a model change parts do some creative painting.....

HITMONEY
10-16-06, 09:38 PM
Scabs.

I have 4 mason jars full.

Just recently I also started collecting octi-snot, the yellow stuff in you eyes in the mornings. Its going pretty good, I have filled up a number 10 envelope in one month!

LOL!

I guess I really collect art. I have some original Michael Godard's and others.

Here is one of the originals....

"Praying For 7"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/Doug/cc1ceb70.jpg

xxpinballxx
10-16-06, 09:41 PM
Okay hitmoney has won the award......first person on here to actually say something that made me vomit a bit.....congrats and being a bit sick in the head and giving me a visual I will never be able to erase.

By the way everytime you post your car impresses me more and more!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-16-06, 09:43 PM
good god hitmoney .....your more twisted then i am ....i thought i had lost it when i cooked up a lego version of osama bin laden but mason jars full of scabs takes it

HITMONEY
10-16-06, 09:52 PM
good god hitmoney .....your more twisted then i am ....i thought i had lost it when i cooked up a lego version of osama bin laden but mason jars full of scabs takes it

Which justifies the sig I use on most other boards..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/hitsig.gif

Stoneage_Caddy
10-16-06, 10:13 PM
that praying for 7 is ****IN AWESOME !!!!

HITMONEY
10-16-06, 10:16 PM
Here is "Stack And Burn"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/Doug/stackburn.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
10-16-06, 10:17 PM
man im gonna have to remeber this once i get some space for some artwork around here ....i love that stuff

HITMONEY
10-16-06, 10:25 PM
Michael Godard Art (http://www.michaelgodard.com/)

His stuff is unbeleivable. My brother lives in San Diego and is actualy friends with him. They go surfing together sometimes.

His art has been an awesome investment, originals go up 5 times or more in value when a run runs out. But if you cant afford originals posters still look good.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-16-06, 11:20 PM
Car Brochures. I have damn near 400, due mostly to Bro-Ham. He has like 4500, I could have taken them all, but I don't have room in my house. :( :( :(

Mine date from 1976-2007. Mostly Cadillac/Buick/Olds, but I have stuff from Nissan, Lexus, Infiniti, Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Chrysler, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Jaguar. And something from every manufacturer from about '04-now.

SpeedyArizona
10-16-06, 11:43 PM
I don't really collect anything material per say but I do have a cigar collection (if you call it that). I also have numerous cigar boxes stored in my storage closest so you may call it a collection.

My father has an extensive gun collection (mostly old Winchester rifles), he used to have 14 or 15 but I know it has grown.

Hitmoney, those paintings are amazing! Does he still make them and is there a site that sells them? Damn, I want one:D! Do you have any price info? I'm not an art aficianado by any means but I'd more than consider buying one of those for my living room!

illumina
10-17-06, 12:03 AM
I'm a packrat.

I have a collection of Magic the Gathering cards in the 10's of thousands (~50,000), which are all in un-played, mint condition,

Collection of Legos; again in un-played mint condition,

Collection of chess sets; I play on a few of them, but most I do not play on,

Collection of swords, including Samurai swords; I play with the practice swords...

Collection of smaller knives,

And I also collect oil paintings. I don't collect cheesy prints, only the real deal. I'm saving a little extra to have a renaissance reproduction commisioned. With the framing and canvas stretch, it'll be close to $1000 for the two paintings I want done.

Most of my oils are by unknowns that I find in various places, but the art is real, and done in good taste.

HITMONEY
10-17-06, 12:18 AM
Hitmoney, those paintings are amazing! Does he still make them and is there a site that sells them? Damn, I want one:D! Do you have any price info? I'm not an art aficianado by any means but I'd more than consider buying one of those for my living room!

in my last post (post #11) I put a link in to his website.

xxpinballxx
10-17-06, 08:50 AM
Car Brochures. I have damn near 400, due mostly to Bro-Ham. He has like 4500, I could have taken them all, but I don't have room in my house. :( :( :(

This is an awesome idea andcheap especially if you go to the auto shows.....
It would be interesting to go back and look through the older ones and see things that you just don't remember about the cars of the past.

RobertCTS
10-17-06, 08:56 AM
I'm a Civil War fanatic. I've got a bookcase of Civil War books. Civil War art on the walls, Cannon ball fragments, Spencer lever action rifle, Confederate sword, etc, etc. My hero is General William Tecumseh Sherman. I live in his hometown. I also have a nice collection of NASCAR Stuff.

HitMoney, I have a nice collection of boogers under my office chair. You interested??:yup:

JimHare
10-17-06, 09:07 AM
Among other things, old (1900-1940) sheet music...have about 750 titles at the moment, including originals of Swannee by Gershwin, [i]It Had to be You[/] and many others.

Sharp-eyed old timers might recognize some of these as the covers used in the old Rod Stewart album "Every Picture Tells a Story" - if you have the vinyl, you'll see what I mean.

dp102288
10-17-06, 09:10 AM
First: disgust rating is pretty high :vomit: :D

I have a small collection of random keys, locks, junk. I am proud of my somewhat large collection of cell phones. I do have a lot of junk laying around my room.

JRau
10-23-06, 07:25 AM
I, too, collect car brochures. I have all American makes from 1975 to present. Every year, I make the rounds at different dealerships until I get them all. When I was in my teens (when I first started this) it was very hard to collect these without salespeople nabbing you. They knew I wasn't a customer, so it took me a long time to get all the brochures. I have no idea how many I have, but they take up an incredible amount of room in the basement. The wife says if I'm ever in a coma, these things are the first to go! lol

Also, I have a collection of car advertising--specifically all of the years that the Thunderbird was made, plus numerous Ford Galaxie 500 ads. I also have alot of Cadillac advertising--all from the late 1950's through the mid 1960's. Most of these came from my college days--I'd cut them out of magazines in the college library. Looking back, I can't believe I did this, but it was cheap entertainment!!

JRau :bigroll:

Patrick7997
10-23-06, 09:34 AM
Hmmm..

Legos, mainly Ultimate Collectors kits...

Guns...

Coins...

Old comics....

Signed football helmets...

dp102288
10-23-06, 09:46 AM
I forgot about my lighter collection. The guns comment reminded me!

DBA-One
10-23-06, 03:58 PM
I have over 1000 Hot Wheels, Johnny Lighting and Matchbox cars (not 1k of each) I don't even know what I have anymore.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-23-06, 04:38 PM
Shot glasses, chopsticks,watches and asian weaponry

Ive got about 700 shot glasses now.
My chopstick collection is much smaller, under 20, but most of these are extremely hard to get or rare.
I've just recently started collection watches, but Ive got a couple limited Swatches and a Panerai.
My weaponry collection is growing all the time, I just recieved my first Pudao just last week, and Ive got a growing collection of Jitte, my favorite. Also have others including the usual numchucks, butterfly swords, and Im gonna start collecting helmets soon. :) All of these are under lock-n-key.