: Yet another service gone bad

Larry05
10-16-06, 09:04 PM
This is really getting tiresome.

First time - had to take SRX in for a DIC replacement and, voila, tire pressure sensor feature not re-enabled.

Required a second visit.

Finally broke down and took the SRBroken in for the suspension recal and excessive write of ECM recal.

Guess what.

Now the backup sensor does not work.

What do you bet that this is a feature that is there on all ECM's, just need enabling for those cars that have the sensors.

Looks like another trip to the dealer.

Lexus, here I come (back) when lease is over.

GM - do you read these? Your dealers do not compare. EVEN when they try!

BarryH_GEG
10-16-06, 09:47 PM
Your issue is with the dealer - not GM. Unfortunately, and to your point, dealers do reflect on the brand. I got rid of a perfectly good '04 Volvo V70R because the original store that sold it to me lost their franchise to the Land Rover/Jaguar dealer in town. My experiences with the new dealer makes yours look like a walk in the park. BTW, the original store is also my Cadillac/BMW service center and they treat me like gold. I don't blame Volvo for my bad experience but certainly wouldn't even consider a Volvo/Land Rover/Jaguar based on this particular dealer's incompetence.

Larry05
10-17-06, 03:47 PM
Turns out dealer says the ecm is not involved directly. There is a module that might talk to the ecm, but he thinks it is a separate issue and under warranty.

Agree on the dealer vs. gm issue. Just never had a problem with a Lexus service. Same with daughter's Murano. And my work Toyota Highlander. Japanese just seem to understand customer service. Actually, sometimes I wish they would lighten up a little.

Smokin' SRX
10-17-06, 05:39 PM
Turns out dealer says the ecm is not involved directly. There is a module that might talk to the ecm, but he thinks it is a separate issue and under warranty.

Agree on the dealer vs. gm issue. Just never had a problem with a Lexus service. Same with daughter's Murano. And my work Toyota Highlander. Japanese just seem to understand customer service. Actually, sometimes I wish they would lighten up a little.

Those dealers who give great service deserve credit! But what do I tell my friend with the '05 Murano (Nissan) when the dealer tells him that no OE type mini-donut spare tires are any longer being made!!! They told him to strap down a full size spare in the rear cargo area!!!
A quick search of salvage yards confirmed that all the mini-spares are sold! And you think we have problems??:cookoo: