: supercharged caddy?

capn
02-25-04, 08:12 PM
Hey all

i heard one of the cadillacs for 04 was coming with a supercharger. is this true? and if so can the supercharger be taken off and put on a 94 cadillac eldorado with a northstar?

capn

beemer2k
02-25-04, 10:52 PM
Hey all

i heard one of the cadillacs for 04 was coming with a supercharger. is this true? and if so can the supercharger be taken off and put on a 94 cadillac eldorado with a northstar?

capn
No, not true unfortunately. You might be thinking of the IMAJ concept car. That is supercharged (425 hp) but is not a production model. You might have also heard about the CTS-V which is a savage machine in it's own right (Z06 Corvette engine putting out 400 hp). Originally there was talk of putting a supercharged northstar in the CTS-V, but GM scrapped the idea when they found out the northstar wouldn't fit in the CTS engine bay. The 2005 STS will have a "V" version that will be twin turbo.

People have been working on a supercharger for 93+ 4.6 northstars for years. The project seems to be at a standstill. Computer issues. Go to caddyinfo.com to find out more.

Sinister Angel
02-26-04, 08:56 AM
Computer issues? I find that kind of funny seeing as people are dropping turbos and the like in Saturns for chrissake.

Dubya
02-26-04, 08:59 AM
no ones taken time to figure out the computer issues, want a supercharger, if you have enough $$ its not a problem, get a stand alone custom built ecu. were not talking bolt on $3,000 hp, i know i saw somewhere someone had a supercharged northstar deville. but your talking mega $$$ - don't hold your breath for a kit.

beemer2k
02-26-04, 08:26 PM
Computer issues? I find that kind of funny seeing as people are dropping turbos and the like in Saturns for chrissake.
Well, Saturns need all the help they can get... but that's another post. :p There is a twin turbo kit for the 4.6 northstar, but it's for sand cars only. The piping won't fit under the hood. Computer problems seem to be the reason why the project is at a standstill. Don't ask me why, it's all Greek to me.

BeelzeBob
02-26-04, 09:38 PM
The computer calibration issues are basically what is stopping most of the supercharger projects. The mechanics of bolting up the supercharger are not the difficult but the cal changes required to make it run right are difficult. Plus, there are several different generations of Northstars to deal with...the 93-95 had speed density systems, the 96-99 were the MAF with OBD2 systems that are much more difficult to hack into and then the 2000 and later systems that are a completley different control system that is very very difficult to hack.

The other things making the Cadillac more difficult is the complete vehicle integration of the control system and electronics. It isn't enough to just get the engine running correctly with the supercharger. The trans is controlled by the PCM also . The production PCM cannot be just ditched and an aftermarket controller used as the rest of the car will freak out not seeing the production PCM operating.

Saturns and Hondas are much simpler cars and the PCM's only control the engine so they are easily replaced with an aftermarket controller that will accomodate boost. The Cadillac systems cannot accomodate this.

capn
02-28-04, 11:56 AM
well damn is there a single turbo kit with a piggy back ecu or something?? are there some cams or something??? I WANT MORE POWER:lildevil:

growe3
02-28-04, 05:12 PM
http://www.chrfab.com/

Koz
04-10-04, 06:28 PM
if you want to go fast put a big block chevy in it a nd make it rear drive.

or if you want to go real fast put a blown and injected hemi in there rear drive.
dont play with that north star its for old men
its just another aluminun junk GM motor from the early 60s

CadCrazy
04-10-04, 08:21 PM
MOPARMOPAR

RAPID TRANSIT...DIRECT CONNECTION...

MOPAR or no car baby!!! :getaway: :blasted: :brutal: :burn:

:yeah:

Randy_W
04-11-04, 12:45 PM
"dont play with that north star its for old men
its just another aluminun junk GM motor from the early 60s"

What a MF'ing idiot! When you say stuff like that it makes those of us who think you're stupid, realize we were right!!!:bonkers:

Vesicant
04-11-04, 01:03 PM
Bbob would be pissed... to think that the engine was developed in the late 80's early 90's ... and then to say its a piece of crap engine made in the 60's! When this engine probably has more electronic capabillity than the pos COMPUTER youre probably using Koz.

Northstars were made to be high-performance, and are high performance. You could practically transfer a n* into a sports car right now and it would be killer... oh wait its been done... the XLR, the Cien etc. etc.!

Koz
05-05-04, 02:31 AM
what is the big tech advance of a 4 cam 300 hp motor

many engines with a sinlge cam have more hp

gm started its tech on alumjunk engines in the sixties
junk then junk now

Koz
05-05-04, 02:33 AM
oh the xlr a 75,000 dollar mustang

lets defend caddy like caddy knows your alive

The_Raven
05-05-04, 09:57 AM
Dnftt

Randy_W
05-05-04, 12:49 PM
oh the xlr a 75,000 dollar mustang

lets defend caddy like caddy knows your alive
Three hundred horsepower from a 279 c.i. engine that gets 28-30 mpg on the open road in a 4000 lb. car that will run mid-14's! Yea, that's pretty damned impressive. When you consider it hit the market 12 years ago, that's even more amazing! As for the XLR, it isn't and doesn't want to be anything like a Rustang!:tisk:

cruzajc1
05-05-04, 12:51 PM
Dude, are you serious...is "jackass" a phrase you hear often hehehe

or if you want to go real fast put a blown and injected hemi in there rear drive.

cruzajc1
05-05-04, 12:56 PM
This is my email to RSM racing who claim a SC will be ready by next fall. What do you think bbobynski Read from bottom to top.

Gus

The kit will work for the 94-99 STS and Aurora and the price will be around $US5000.00 with 9 PSI and 100 HP gain.

Sincerely

Zsolt Szabo
Marketing Manager
RSM Racing Inc

----- Original Message -----
From: Cruz Agustin J TSgt 347 LRS/LGRSS (agustin.cruz@moody.af.mil)
To: Zsolt (zsolt@rsmracing.com)
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 7:24 AM
Subject: RE: Supercharger for a 96 STS

Great news, will it work for the 96 year STS? And any price ranges?

Thanks for your help.

Gus

Moody Air Force Base, GA

229-257-3662

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 6:00 PM
To: Cruz Agustin J TSgt 347 LRS/LGRSS
Subject: Re: Supercharger for a 96 STS

We are developing the SC kit for the Northstar but it will not be ready before the fall.

Sincerely

Zsolt Szabo
Marketing Manager
RSM Racing Inc

----- Original Message -----

From: Cruz Agustin J TSgt 347 LRS/LGRSS (agustin.cruz@moody.af.mil)

To: sales@rsmracing.com (sales@rsmracing.com)

Cc: cruzajc1@aol.com (cruzajc1@aol.com)

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 4:05 PM

Subject: Supercharger for a 96 STS

Hello,

Are you the guys working on the Super Charger for the 96 STS? I only see a few mods you list on your web site for the STS's? Please advise. Also, any other Mods for the 96 STS you don't have on your web site? I live in Valdosta, GA.

Gus

229-257-3662 work

229-249-0062 home

also cruzajc1@aol.com (cruzajc1@aol.com)

Pimpin_Whity
05-05-04, 04:20 PM
didn't read all of them, but you CAN put a supercharger on any car you want. it's just a question of how much and how long :annoyed:. the 06 STS-V is going to be supercharged from what I heard, but the RWD N* has a different block then the one you have in your eldo :disappoin. this qeustion was already aswered by Bbob in another thread: supercharger on my eldo (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11871)

Pimpin_Whity
05-05-04, 04:34 PM

i have no words for your stupidity. a big block chevy or a hemi are bigger engines and you cant beat cubic inches, but you cant compare them to the N* for many reasons. a big block hevy or hemi are some of the simplest and cheapest engines to work with so........everyone works with them. someone posted a link to an 800hp N* on another thread, so don't diss it's performance. and the big block chevys and the hemis were created so long ago it's not even funny while the N* is a fairly new engine. lots of modern perfomance engines are aluminum, i'm not sure but i think the ones in ferraris and lambos are made out of aluminum.

capn
05-06-04, 08:42 PM
i have no words for your stupidity. a big block chevy or a hemi are bigger engines and you cant beat cubic inches, but you cant compare them to the N* for many reasons. a big block hevy or hemi are some of the simplest and cheapest engines to work with so........everyone works with them. someone posted a link to an 800hp N* on another thread, so don't diss it's performance. and the big block chevys and the hemis were created so long ago it's not even funny while the N* is a fairly new engine. lots of modern perfomance engines are aluminum, i'm not sure but i think the ones in ferraris and lambos are made out of aluminum.
true dat, this engine is almost as young/old as me however you want to look at it. but i mean its an all aluminum block with steel sleeves 4 cams and makes decent gas mileage and decent power this is probably the epitamy (sp?) of domestic hightech engines and it is HIGH performance b/c if you have ever uncorked a N* it sounds very much like a nascar 800hp engine, but thats only b/c of the high comp engine.

and as a note: i have fell in love with the N*....i also fell in love with Honda B series and K series but anywho.

the N* is a very very good engine and is not GM the little emblim on the engine says MADE SPECIFICLY BY CADILLAC MOTOR DIVISION means something