: New NAV DVD

sgilbert
10-16-06, 01:46 PM
Since I'm going to keep my SRX "until the fenders fall off" (see Value Sucks & New Tires threads) I needed to update my DVD, as I still have the original 2004 v. 3. Searched past threads, and found that new DVD's come out in November or December. Thought I'd wait, but for laughs, I went to GMNavDisc.com. They listed part #15923893 as newest, but no v. #. (my notes say that part #15798916 is v. 5) It lists for $199 + $8 shppg. I thought that GMPartsdirect was the cheapest, I went there, but they said it was discontinued.

Called GMNavDisc.com and they said that new DVD's come out in July & August, and that there are NO v. #'s anymore as they float up & down with no reason.

Anyhoo---since new part # is higher than v. 5's part #, I ordered new NAV disk. Due by UPS in 1 week. I'll report v. # when I get it.

TSS
10-16-06, 01:54 PM
I did not pay much attention, but I thought when I picked up my 06 this summer (June), some literature said that I got 3 free NAV updates.

Did I imagine this? If not, anybody know how I go about getting the most recent update?

Thanks.

Todd

sgilbert
10-16-06, 03:12 PM
If you go to GMNavDisc.com and plug in your VIN, it will tell you. Unfortunately, in '04, they didn't have that available!

TSS
10-18-06, 10:02 AM
Hey thanks for the link!!! I have a new July/August 2006 disk coming for FREE!!!!

I get to keep my "old" 2005 disk (P/N 15798916) too. I had no complaints with it until I learned I could get a new one for FREE. They (GM) don't want it back. Anybody with an even older version want it? If so, PM me.

I will probably end up having at least three of them since two of my partners are doing the same thing (they each have 2006 DTS' purchased before August, 2006) at my suggestion.

Todd

yourgmsolutions
10-18-06, 11:30 AM
Since I'm going to keep my SRX "until the fenders fall off" (see Value Sucks & New Tires threads) I needed to update my DVD, as I still have the original 2004 v. 3. Searched past threads, and found that new DVD's come out in November or December. Thought I'd wait, but for laughs, I went to GMNavDisc.com. They listed part #15923893 as newest, but no v. #. (my notes say that part #15798916 is v. 5) It lists for $199 + $8 shppg. I thought that GMPartsdirect was the cheapest, I went there, but they said it was discontinued.

Called GMNavDisc.com and they said that new DVD's come out in July & August, and that there are NO v. #'s anymore as they float up & down with no reason.

Anyhoo---since new part # is higher than v. 5's part #, I ordered new NAV disk. Due by UPS in 1 week. I'll report v. # when I get it.

I have that disc (brand new, still wraped ) I ordered for one of my customer, but the guy suddenly change his mind and traded his SRX. cost me $125. I just want to get my money back.

sgilbert
10-18-06, 01:22 PM
WOW! 2 days (48 hours) and I have the new disk!

It is v 6.00 Why they wouldn't tell me that, I don't know, but it is, in fact, new! How new, compared to my v 3.0 remains to be seen--at first glance, it hasn't updated my neighborhood at all, and there are changes!

BTW: The invoice says it's for: "02-04 DEV/DTS, FWD SEV/STS, 05-07 SRX, XLR/XLR-V

ckrichards
10-19-06, 08:37 PM
Hey thanks for the link!!! I have a new July/August 2006 disk coming for FREE!!!!

I get to keep my "old" 2005 disk (P/N 15798916) too. I had no complaints with it until I learned I could get a new one for FREE. They (GM) don't want it back. Anybody with an even older version want it? If so, PM me.

I will probably end up having at least three of them since two of my partners are doing the same thing (they each have 2006 DTS' purchased before August, 2006) at my suggestion.

Todd

I will take it if it is still available.
I don't have enough posts to PM you yet.

smithb
10-20-06, 11:21 AM
I don't have enough posting either, but I am interested in a more recent nav dvd than my 2003. Does anyone know if these contain firmware updates that won't allow me to use my 1971 code. I love it and use it all the time.

TSS
10-20-06, 01:04 PM
Got mine in 48hrs too! I don't have any idea about firmware. The code never worked in mine (2006 model).

I will try to PM you guys - honestly don't know if i have enough posts either.

sgilbert
10-20-06, 01:12 PM
Firstly, there is NO firmware updates on subsequent DVD updates, so the code will still work.

Lastly, so far I am disappointed in the new v6. It has LESS screen information than my old v3. It very well may have newer info, but I haven't found it yet. In v3, all the surrounding streets in my neighborhood showed their names on the screen (in 1/32), but v6 does not show the minor street names at all. If I touch the screen on a minor street, it does come up with the name, but that entails additional work!

I can't address v's 4 & 5, as I never had them.

ckrichards
10-20-06, 06:11 PM
You need 50 posts to PM. I need 6 more. Right now I'm on Version 3.

TSS
10-22-06, 12:43 PM
For all who are PMing me, my version 5.00 (2005) is now spoken for from a forum fellow member who contacted me first via regular email.

Also a note: I have reason to believe the 2005 versions I am getting from my partners' 2006 DTSs is different than we need for the SRX. I say this because the invoice I got matches the invoice posted by sgilbert on 10/18/06.

Lastly, I have noticed zero differences so far between the 2005 and 2006 versions.

Terpnut
10-22-06, 10:07 PM
For all who are PMing me, my version 5.00 (2005) is now spoken for from a forum fellow member who contacted me first via regular email. ...Don't give them away when you can sell them on eBay for $125 to $160!

TSS
10-23-06, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info. Maybe I will try ebay with the next batch from the DTSs.

However, I already committed my 2005 SRX one to a fellow forum member.

dechief4
10-26-06, 12:16 PM
If anyone is interested, I have two version 4 DVDs ($50/ea) and one version 5 ($75) DVDs that I am willing to part with. They are both in excellent shape and are only being 'disposed' of becasue I've upgraded...
If you're interested, lemme know.

dabtwo
10-28-06, 11:15 AM
Hello,
I purchased a Certified 2005 SRX V8 RWD in April. I just recently received a new NAV disk (V6.0). Currently a GM certified Cadillac purchased after April 2006 is entitled to a one time NAV disk upgrade.

I discovered something interesting when I was trying to program the NAV system for my wife; It would not allow me to enter a street number like I could in the previous V3.0. Contacted the GM Customer service and followed their procedures to no avail. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks !

smithb
10-28-06, 11:54 AM
Hey DECHIEF4, i am interested in your version 5, how do i get a hold of you? I can't pm you yet, i don't have enough posts. thanks.

dechief4
10-28-06, 10:07 PM
Hey DECHIEF4, i am interested in your version 5, how do i get a hold of you? I can't pm you yet, i don't have enough posts. thanks.

You can write me at jon_caldwell at hotmail dot com. :)

srxfrank
11-04-06, 06:19 AM
I just joined the forum and I'm picking my srx up Sunday and would really like to have any version of the disc that some one my be willing to give up or sell. My caddy does not have a navagation disc that comes with it. Is anyone willing to help me? I can't p.m. yet (new member) but here is my e-mail address: frank-hasbrouck@peoplepc.com

miked
11-04-06, 04:01 PM
I just bought the v6 disc, and put the old v5 disk on ebay. The v6 disc is "mildly upgraded" for our area . . . . I would imagine that upgrading the dvd every 2-3 years would be sufficient for most people, unless you live in new development areas.