: Blue Headlight replacement question

mjk
10-16-06, 01:36 PM
I am thinking about replacing my stock headlight bulbs with those blue ones imitating HID lights. I don't have HID on my 04 V6 and I don't want to deal with the HID conversion kits. Just thinking about removing the stock bulbs and putting in those bluish ones. I thought It was pretty strait forward but after spending some time on the net it got me all confused :confused:.
Therefore If there's anybody that could tell me what to get that will work or, give me some info I'd really appreciate it. Or if somebody have done exactly what I'm thinking of doing and would share some thoughts and information....

All comments as always appreciated

thx

Smokin' SRX
10-16-06, 06:08 PM
I am thinking about replacing my stock headlight bulbs with those blue ones imitating HID lights. I don't have HID on my 04 V6 and I don't want to deal with the HID conversion kits. Just thinking about removing the stock bulbs and putting in those bluish ones. I thought It was pretty strait forward but after spending some time on the net it got me all confused :confused:.
Therefore If there's anybody that could tell me what to get that will work or, give me some info I'd really appreciate it. Or if somebody have done exactly what I'm thinking of doing and would share some thoughts and information....

All comments as always appreciated

thx

Hi!
Do it! Get a good quality bulb (PIAA , Hella, or equivalent) and do it once, as I'm told "getting there" is half the fun!! Look up in the owners manual the bulb # (probably 9006,9007 etc) and spend the $60.(pair) for a quality bulb set! Too much work to do it twice!
I did it on a GMC Yukom and was quite pleased. Stay close to the factory wattage specified with the bulb # ( about 55 to 65 watts!) Then ther's no electrical strain on wires/switches etc!
Good luck.:yup:

mjk
10-17-06, 05:10 PM
thanks a lot Smokin'.

I've done some more reaserch after your post and became a bit skeptical about doing the blue bulb swap. I read that in order to keep up with all the regulations and still provide HID-like bluish color, life of those bulbs is much shorter. I would hate to be forced to replace them after they burned out because of that.
Anyway I guess I have to think about it.::ill:

Smokin' SRX
10-17-06, 06:04 PM
thanks a lot Smokin'.

I've done some more reaserch after your post and became a bit skeptical about doing the blue bulb swap. I read that in order to keep up with all the regulations and still provide HID-like bluish color, life of those bulbs is much shorter. I would hate to be forced to replace them after they burned out because of that.
Anyway I guess I have to think about it.::ill:

Yeah. I do my Yukon about every 15 mos!! But it takes 3 minutes per side! looks great though!

Thought I read here, that someone said you could unscrew the inner fender wheel well, and get to the bulbs?? Worth a look! Good luck!