: WTB 96-97 non bose in dash cd player

tcr75
10-15-06, 02:49 AM
I have been looking and have not found one yet. If anyone knows where I can find one please let me know.

CadillacSTS42005
10-15-06, 08:37 AM
does not exist
never was an option

tcr75
10-15-06, 02:51 PM
I disagree with you. It was a very rare option, they are harder to find then a needle in a haystack. If you dont believe me then put your money where your mouth is

CadillacSTS42005
10-15-06, 02:58 PM
yuh they were
for ACTIVE audio
an amplified system
for a BASE system there is no such thing
and to add bose or active audio to a base system car is rediculas
if you had bose or aa i could talk you through it i added a 98+ bose radio with rds and single slot cd player to my 97 bose system
you dont need to cop an attitude with me for trying to help YOU

tcr75
10-15-06, 10:48 PM
Just bought A base 96 today with the cd player that I needed. Tomorrow I am swapping the two units and having them reprogrammed. Already have the 96 sold

CadillacSTS42005
10-16-06, 09:26 AM
rofl you are sooo full of it
1 there is no reprogramming needed in >97 units theftlock wasnt installed which required the reprogramming until 1998
2 there is no such thing as a base cd play all of my manuals state so
3 your tellin me you bought an entire car for the hu sureee
4 you already sold the 96 yet you state that your swapping the hus tomarrow humm interesting...

dude im sorry that your wrong but that really doesnt mean you have to continue lying about it
even if all this bs is true look in the trunk and youll see there is an amp running it also there should be a speaker in the dash board unlike base systems and 2 5 1/4 speaks in the rear doors with tweets unlike the base system

oh well forget it im done with you

the727kid
10-16-06, 10:08 AM
Lol, I'm with ETC97 on this one. He bought the car for CD Player? For that much money I would of put a crazy ass system in there.

tcr75
10-16-06, 12:52 PM
I bought the car to get the cd player from it knowing that I had a cash customer for the car. I am in the car business and had a friend looking for a cad so I called him on it and told him the price and he told me its sold. Its not like I bought the care only for the cd player you idiots. I made a quick grand on the car and got the cd player I wanted. P.S. I paid $1000 for the car from one of the new car dealers that I buy from

CadillacSTS42005
10-16-06, 02:52 PM
once again i know for a fact this is complete crap
theres no such thing as a cd player for base systems in 96 and 97
active audio had a single slot cd player and fleetwoods did but fleetwood cd players are not compatable and aa system hus use the same hu as bose (i know this because on the forum a friends cd player broke he had active audio and he swapped it with a bose hu and it worked 100% and added rds) in both cases bose and aa require an external amp which base systems do not have
in addition there is NO PROGRAMMING required in radios that predate theftlock, theftlock was added to cadillac radios in 1998 so therefore your completely full of crap again when you state you need a 96-97 devilles radio reprogrammed, your full of crap you dont have the slightest clue about what youre talking about and rather than admit it you continue lying and call the two most knowledgeable audio people on the forum especailly me who knows almost everything about Cadillac systems, idiots.
heres an idea since were sooooo wrong how about you provide the proof it works and a simple pic wont do cuz anyone can put a hu in make it light up and shit i wanna see a mini movie of your speakers moving the wireharness pluged into the radio with the wheel controls moving along with sound
again your full of crap so i dont expect this so why dont you just fade off the site becuase your ignorance is not needed.

the727kid
10-16-06, 05:29 PM
Pictures do wonders.

CadillacSTS42005
10-16-06, 05:57 PM
anyone could put a cd player into the dash and say it works
so i dont think in this case pics are enough
and if this cd player says theftlock or bose or active audio or has rds
i win becuase that proves hes full of crap

morourke
10-21-06, 04:50 PM
I have a 97 Catera with a base radio (AM/FM/Tape). It started failing when the volume was turned up, turning the car off and on again seemed to reset things an it would work ok at low to mid volume. Now it doesn't work at all, the clock will display, if I press a station preset button, the station number will display momentarily, but then it goes back to the time display and no sound. I checked fuses, they appear ok. Any ideas?

CadillacSTS42005
11-08-06, 10:16 PM
funny
this guy never posted back
CUZ HE WAS WRONG
no surpise there
i hate asses....

Elvis
11-09-06, 09:24 AM
funny
this guy never posted back
CUZ HE WAS WRONG
no surpise there
i hate asses....

In the future it would be appreciated if you would refrain from insulting other members.

CadillacSTS42005
11-09-06, 11:30 AM
Sorry Elvis
the guy was being completely arrogant and rude to me
i agree i was wrong

lowzridercc
11-09-06, 01:44 PM
Here is My 95 Concours And I am useing the OEM AMP.
I was told it could not be done. HA HA what do they know.

CadillacSTS42005
11-09-06, 02:18 PM
it can be done very easily with the right interface
what this guy was talking about 96 97 hu with an in deck single slot cd player WHICH NEVER EXISTED IN 96 or 97
they look completely different
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-Eldorado-Radio-Cass-Stereo_W0QQitemZ190048998504QQihZ009QQcategoryZ386 39QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem