: I was bored

codewize
10-14-06, 10:56 PM
So after getting my new tires and waiting for my wife to get done teaching dance class I saw a photo op. Not all that great, the sky is usually much more orange here but I had the camera in the car so I snapped a few shots.

This is the DTS against the Albany skyline.

Frost
10-15-06, 12:14 AM
Nice, codewise. You know, I gotta get one of those digital cameras. I'm getting fed up going to the MotoFoto with my rolls of film, paying thru the schnozz for developing and putting them on a CD - and how many wasted shots do I get per film? Probably at least 10.

Once again, very nice - both the car ANd the scenary!

Slywun
10-15-06, 12:28 AM
Is that a SLR? Nice pix....

nickc50310
10-15-06, 01:20 AM
Love upstate NY. My mom lives in the Finger Lakes region- very beautiful!

Nice pics!

eldorado99
10-15-06, 02:22 AM
I like that colour on the DTS, very classy.

xxpinballxx
10-15-06, 05:05 AM
Hey looks like my cars older more mature borther.....
http://xxpinballxx.zoints.com/image/35059-Picture206

Nice pics.....

codewize
10-15-06, 07:23 PM
SLYWUN; No that's an 01 DTS

ELDORADO99; Thanks for the compliments. Everyone loves the Cashmere. I felt it was to common and hated it at the time of purchase, I wanted black and I held out for a long time trying to find one.

PINBALL; LOL Thanks I guess. Nice car you should put a top on that.

Thanks again. Upstate NY is very scenic especially this time of year.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-15-06, 07:41 PM
haha hey codewise slr is a type of digital camera

my car is cashmere also,not a dts but the cluster and steering wheel are

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/Caddy/b7aaf079.jpg

codewize
10-15-06, 08:48 PM
Oops. DOH! :bang2: :duh:

Yes I shoot with a Nikon D70.

Sorry I wasn't paying attention

OffThaHorseCEO; that's a nice shot.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-15-06, 09:09 PM
thanks,i wish it hadnt been so damned blurry, my cameras shutter is sooooo slow at night, i dont know why,

not only that, but ill push the button to take the picture and itll take it 4 seconds later

codewize
10-15-06, 09:11 PM
Usually both of those problems are caused by the cameras inability to focus due to low lighting. If you can, turn off auto focus and you'll be fine at night.

thanks,i wish it hadnt been so damned blurry, my cameras shutter is sooooo slow at night, i dont know why,

not only that, but ill push the button to take the picture and itll take it 4 seconds later

OffThaHorseCEO
10-15-06, 09:13 PM
no its at night, day, all the time

well the shutter speed thing is a night only thing

but the slow reaction time is always

codewize
10-15-06, 09:21 PM
Hmm what kind of camera is it. Maybe it's just a limitation of the camera?

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-15-06, 09:23 PM
Yea, I was gonna say turn off the auto-focus, but...

OffthaHorse, youre using a digital point and click,yes?
Most point-click cameras take a little time to shoot. One way around it is to shoot in manual mode, instead of the creative zones (portrait,landscape, night, etc). Most brands will shoot right away in manual mode.

Hey Codewize, nice shots. I bet if you took a picture at the same place 30 mins earlier and tripod it keeping the shutter open a little longer, it would be a much richer looking photo.

codewize
10-15-06, 09:27 PM
Yeah these are definitely snap shots. I was standing in traffic coming into Holiday Inn, LOL. For the 2 minutes I was standing there 5 cars had to drive around me and all of them looked at me like I was crazy.

However I will say that my photography skills do need some refining. I understand it all, I just don't think about it during composition.

dp102288
10-16-06, 08:23 AM
Nice pics. Sometimes, just once in a while, nature is nice. Then I realize I don't like nature and leave.