: 2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R Spy Video

Blackout
10-14-06, 02:37 PM
It sounds nice as hell and damn did it take off from the 911 Turbo that was behind it!
Inside Line: Exclusive Video and Spy Photos: 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R - 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=117104?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1 )

Slywun
10-14-06, 02:56 PM
Awesome find. I'm looking forward to the release in 2008...

CadillacSTS42005
10-14-06, 03:04 PM
and i still would take v8 muscle over that piece of tupperware anyday...
wait till the COPO or Yenko 2009 Camaro is released...
subject ended....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-14-06, 03:25 PM
As nice as a Copo '09 Camaro sounds, I think I'd actually take the Skyline over one of those just because it's so damn full of amazing technology.

Have you heard anyone say anything about the Copo's or a possible Yenko Camaro? I'd imagine that Don Yenko is long dead, which means that the company is probably dead too, but wierder things have happened...

Blackout
10-14-06, 03:40 PM
and i still would take v8 muscle over that piece of tupperware anyday...
wait till the COPO or Yenko 2009 Camaro is released...
subject ended....What do you think GM is doing with their sports cars now adays? Take a look at the Z06 or the upcoming Blue Devil or whatever you want to call it. They are using extensive carbon fiber pieces to lower the weight of the car. Well thats what the japanese cars have been doing for years. They keep the car weight down and they don't need big V8's to make up for the weight difference to make them fast. Hell look at the Lotus Elise. I guess that thing must suck because it uses the same engine as a Celica?:confused: Hell the Camaro isn't 100% set in stone that they will even make the car yet and your saying to wait for the 2009 Yenko Camaro? Difference here is that the Camaro let alone a Yenko Camaro is nothing but a figment of our imagination while the Skyline is shown on video doing laps around the Ring and out running Porsche's big dog's. I'll take the car that actually exsists over the one that is nothing but a picture on a piece of paper

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-14-06, 03:43 PM
Blackout, you're aware that I work in a Chevrolet dealer right? Anyways, my manager went to a big GM meeting where they talked about up and coming products and stuff of that nature. They said that the Camaro will be in showrooms 3rd quarter 2008.

Blackout
10-14-06, 04:27 PM
Blackout, you're aware that I work in a Chevrolet dealer right? Anyways, my manager went to a big GM meeting where they talked about up and coming products and stuff of that nature. They said that the Camaro will be in showrooms 3rd quarter 2008.That wasn't geared towards you and no I didn't know you worked at a dealer ship. But no offense but when it comes to dealerships they are the last to know about what is coming out. I went to my local Nissan dealership and the NISMO parts were coming out that month. I asked the service manager about when they would start stocking NISMO parts and he gave me a blank stare and was like hold on a second. He then asked around the service area and then called the owner and nobody even knew what NISMO was. I also went to my local Chevy dealership and talked to a friend of mine who is a salesman and his uncle is the assitant manager and was talking to them about the Cobalt SS and when it would be coming out (this was about this time last year), my friend knew what i was talking about because he hangs out on the car forums and his uncle was asking me if it was replacing the LS model. The people that really know the most about cars are usually the people online. A friend of mine on another car forum has some big time insiders and we were talking about the Chrysler ME-412 6 months before any automotive magazine or automotive website started reporting on it. I'm going to have to give him a shout and see what he knows about the Camaro

CadillacSTS42005
10-15-06, 09:43 AM
1st of all the camaro got the green light
2nd Don Yenko Chevrolet still exists only now its Don Yenko Honda its in Pennsylvania and my dads best freind who owns the muffler shop where i built my custom exhaust (so im good friends with him too hes like my uncle) knows Don Yenko and he said if Chevy asked him he would make new Yenkos in a second!

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-15-06, 10:19 AM
1st of all the camaro got the green light
2nd Don Yenko Chevrolet still exists only now its Don Yenko Honda its in Pennsylvania and my dads best freind who owns the muffler shop where i built my custom exhaust (so im good friends with him too hes like my uncle) knows Don Yenko and he said if Chevy asked him he would make new Yenkos in a second!Maybe Im reading this wrong...your dads friend knows Don Yenko?

The car looks pretty impressive. The roofline reminds me of the Koeniggsegg CC_. For me tho, its gotta have a a TT 6 cyl. Just like the GNX's that should only have turboed 6's. The allure of some cars for me has to do with the engine configuration. I've only driven the last GT-R a couple times, and if this is a big improvement, its gonna give GM and Ford some headaches. I dunno the projected price tho...?

RedGalant2k1
10-15-06, 11:53 AM
What do you think GM is doing with their sports cars now adays? Take a look at the Z06 or the upcoming Blue Devil or whatever you want to call it. They are using extensive carbon fiber pieces to lower the weight of the car. Well thats what the japanese cars have been doing for years. They keep the car weight down and they don't need big V8's to make up for the weight difference to make them fast. Hell look at the Lotus Elise. I guess that thing must suck because it uses the same engine as a Celica?:confused: Hell the Camaro isn't 100% set in stone that they will even make the car yet and your saying to wait for the 2009 Yenko Camaro? Difference here is that the Camaro let alone a Yenko Camaro is nothing but a figment of our imagination while the Skyline is shown on video doing laps around the Ring and out running Porsche's big dog's. I'll take the car that actually exsists over the one that is nothing but a picture on a piece of paper

The Lotus Elise is no slouch. It can easily out handle a CTS-V.

ShadowLvr400
10-15-06, 12:45 PM
It's not that good looking of a car. 350Z/G35 looks and a hotter motor. Meh.

CIWS
10-15-06, 01:33 PM
I won't say I wouldn't buy one. Depends upon what the finished product ends up like and how much they want for it. :)

CadillacSTS42005
10-15-06, 03:24 PM
yes my dads friend knows Don Yenko

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-15-06, 04:05 PM
yes my dads friend knows Don YenkoThats what I don't understand. Don Yenko, the car builder and racer died in 1987.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-15-06, 04:12 PM
I won't say I wouldn't buy one. Depends upon what the finished product ends up like and how much they want for it. :)Price will be the bigbest factor. IMO, this needs to be close to the price of a C6 to compete over here successfully, and steal american buyers from Vettes, etc. If its as expensive as a Z06, I cant see it selling to anyone besides the buyers who want a Skyline regardless of where it sits in the performance range.

CadillacSTS42005
10-15-06, 06:13 PM
thats doesnt mean he dont know him....
want proof ill ask him for more info i guess

AlBundy
10-15-06, 06:31 PM
Impressive.

dp102288
10-16-06, 08:15 AM
Its okay. Looks like the G35.

Adam
10-16-06, 09:30 AM
iirc the price is gonna be in the 80k dollar range.

Blackout
10-16-06, 09:35 AM
iirc the price is gonna be in the 80k dollar range.2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Features & Design - Automobile Magazine (http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0601_nissan_skyline/features.html)
Automobile mag is saying the price is rumored to be around $70k and that Nissan is aiming for a 0-60 in 3.8 and a top speed north of 180 mph

Adam
10-16-06, 09:36 AM
2008 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Features & Design - Automobile Magazine (http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupes/0601_nissan_skyline/features.html)
Automobile mag is saying the price is rumored to be around $70k and that Nissan is aiming for a 0-60 in 3.8 and a top speed north of 180 mph

:yeah: i remember you telling me now. ok 70k dollar range! id still take a Z06 though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-16-06, 12:12 PM
It's a nice looking car, but I like the R34's styling more.