: New picture of my system...

the727kid
10-14-06, 01:07 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Car025.jpg

Messy right now but it will be getting paneled up soon.

gust_1980
10-14-06, 01:45 PM
nice equipment dude, you'd better get it all secured. are those amps screwed down to a rack? sorry to be a nag, i just see that kinda thing way too much; whatever you do, dont get in a hurry. and, why do you have 3 amps? what are they powering?

the727kid
10-14-06, 02:47 PM
They screwed into the body of the car with star heads. And my subs are screwed in with hexes. Ain't no phillips screwdriver shyt here.

And the 3 amps....1 to each sub and 1 to the mids and highs.

chazglenn3
10-16-06, 01:11 PM
What happens if you get a flat tire????

CadillacSTS42005
10-16-06, 02:52 PM
lol i asked him that
hes screwed he cant get to his jack either he told me hahaha
AAAs all the way it looks!

the727kid
10-16-06, 05:27 PM
I'm not worried about a flat, if I get a flat near home I will just call somebody to go to my house and bring my jack and spare tire to me.

Dadillac
10-16-06, 05:41 PM
I used velcro to secure my amp. It holds it nicely. Maybe you should remove the screws, and give it a try. This way maybe you can put the spare back in the car, as your amps will be moveable.

Don

the727kid
10-16-06, 05:48 PM
I'd rather wait 20minutes for a spare than have my amps removable.

Those 1000/1s retail for $1000 each, I don't want them just "removable". That is why I have unique screw heads holding them down.

CadillacSTS42005
10-16-06, 06:06 PM
if they are bolted down to your cover tho
then all they gotta do is take your wheel cover with them and they got all 3 at once

the727kid
10-16-06, 06:32 PM
They weren't only on 2, plus you couldn't get my cover without removed my sub box anyways.

Anyways thats part of the reason I am laying down MDF across the trunk.

chazglenn3
10-16-06, 06:40 PM
You never drive more than 20 minutes away from home? In that case, I guess the spare is no big deal. I drive 20 miles one way to work, and many, many miles away from work, so I would never be caught without a spare and jack. I tried to explain that to my son who's trunk is packed with stereo gear like yours, but no luck...I'm sure I'll get the call when he gets a flat.

the727kid
10-16-06, 06:42 PM
I'm rarley more than 10 miles from my house. And I got AAA so it's not a huge issue. It is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

chuckdobbins
10-17-06, 09:39 PM
see i used to have a packed trunk, til i got a flat of course. haha

needless to say i make sure now that when im putting stuff in the trunk i can pull the jack/spare if i need to. not only is it good for me, but you never know when a friend will be stranded on the side of the road cuz he cant get his spare tire out due to too much audio equipment :)

ive never once worried about theft. if youre smart, you should have no issues. if you drive around your hometown through residential neighborhoods and whatnot blasting your stereo...1) you look like a complete tool, and 2) people KNOW that youve got a trunk compartment worth more than the car.

people wont steal what they dont know you have

gust_1980
10-17-06, 10:20 PM
you should really take the time to make an amp rack that is semi permanent and secure all wiring. if you were to go to a sound show they would disqualify you in a heartbeat! theres always a way, just be creative. im not worried so much about the spare tire as i am the the potential fire hazard you have in your trunk.

the727kid
10-17-06, 10:39 PM
^^Steps ahead of you, this is what my trunk look like as of this afternoon. http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers.jpg

The way it was just to get a feel of the sound lol. Now it's time to make it pretty.

I am cutting out a piece of MDF to perfectly fit the shape of the trunk and I will mount everything on to there , along with securing down the wires. And then will procede to paneling it all off with vinyl and plexi. I will have another update Monday.

gust_1980
10-18-06, 01:21 PM
good deal dude, makes me feel better about your system now. question, what guage is your power and ground wires? and where did you ground your main at?

the727kid
10-18-06, 01:59 PM
I have 0 gauge running to a distroblock splitting up into 4 gauge and I have 4 gauge grounds. I have 2 seperate grounds too, on each side of the trunk, grinded down to bare metal. I also got my Big 3 done to 0 Gauge and a redtop, my voltage is at 12.8 with system up at idle, and usually 13.8 while driving.

BTW, I have a feeling you are going to tell me I need 0 gauge grounds and power wire to the amps, well JL amps only accept up to 4 gauge.

xxpinballxx
10-18-06, 05:51 PM
gonna get a drain when the bass drops upgraded other wiring in the future?

the727kid
10-18-06, 06:35 PM
Why do you think that?

I have no drain really...maybe a .5voltage drop from when the system is off. There is no possible way for me to upgrade my wiring. Unless I add more ground wires?

gust_1980
10-18-06, 10:53 PM
as a rule of thumb, youre grounds should always be the same size, if not bigger than your power wire. if im not mistaken, somebody told me that your power actually comes from the negative wires!? im not sure how that works though, im not a 12v magician by any means. i had a cap on my system and it usually ran about 14.5v. do you have any fuse blocks? please post up pics of specifically the wiring. did you see how i did mine in that link i posted a while ago? i had 4ga (shoulda gone bigger at the time) power and ground. two grounds bolted to the chassis; one just for the cap and the other lead for the amps. and, i had 5 amps all runnin off 4 ga! another thing to consider...if your amps have fuses on them (they should) add up the total number of amperage they use together and compare that with the amperage of your alternator. your alt should be rated right around 140 amps or so and if your amplifiers are pulling more than that then you will have problems. maybe two alts, another battery, etc....just make sure your car has enough power to run all the goodies that come with it plus your system. its the most neglected part of most installs. good luck dude!

the727kid
10-18-06, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure what you mean?? Everything is A+ on the wiring, from a fused 0 gauge to the trunk to a fused distro block split up into 4 gauge wires. And like I said, all my grounds are 4 gauge besides my battery grounds, my amps ONLY accept up to 4 gauge wire.

What pictures of the wire would you like?

PS...I firmly believe caps are a waiste of money. My eletrical holds up A+ as it right now, 0 dimming even on my interior lights.

Also, adding up total fuse ratings DOES NOT equal the amount of amps it is pulling. I have a 150amp fuse for each 1000/1 and a 60amp for my 300/4 and a 250 under the hood.

On another note, on your wiring it sounds like you did a few things to cause issues. 1. Running a 4gauge main power. 2. Running a single ground for your amps, which ultimatley probally meant long ground wires (the shorter the better). 3. No big 3.

xxpinballxx
10-19-06, 04:19 PM
you don't get any dimming at all? Thats crazy.....I would expect with what you are running that there would be some dimming.

the727kid
10-19-06, 07:57 PM
Yea you would think, but doing the Big 3 is a HUGE upgrade that most people do not seem to realize.

MrEr1c
10-21-06, 12:01 PM
Yea you would think, but doing the Big 3 is a HUGE upgrade that most people do not seem to realize.
Unfortunately, it is also extremely costly for most systems. But, I guess when you use two $1000 amps plus everything else, it is not that much.

When your entire system (minus big 3) cost under $1500 most people will not want to spend an extra potential $500.

This is something that i am contemplating for myself.

the727kid
10-21-06, 03:04 PM
Do you know what the big 3 is? If you get ripped off it would cost you no more than $70...It cost me umm $30 of 0 gauge wire and $10 of ring terminals to do. $40 is what I payed to do my big 3.

xxpinballxx
10-21-06, 11:28 PM
yeah its just some better wiring....50 bucks tops...

the727kid
10-22-06, 05:06 PM
Just layed down some 3/4 mdf..waitin for my 300/4 to get back.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers007.jpg

xxpinballxx
10-28-06, 12:24 PM
you gonna make a flase cover for the wires and distro block...i think it would look nice with the amps looking a little recessed..

Candyredlac
10-29-06, 12:52 AM
PORTED?????? In a trunk???? what where you thinking?? Not trying to be mean or anything but why is all i have to say your gonna drown aout the bass with that thing unless you have a custom port running into the car the air comming out has nowhere to go in the trunnk and will cause a loss of deepness and loudness. If you want you can keep it like that but my advice is get a extradeep prefab box or something anything is better than that in a trunk.Suv or truck sound real good trunk no.I'm an installer at deepbass electronis and see people make this mstakes countless times. Don't take my advice if oyu don't want to just try my idea and see if you like it better.

the727kid
10-29-06, 01:38 AM
^^^Knows nothing about car audio. And reason why I do my installs.

The port has no where to go your right, it goes forward bouncing off the rear of the trunk causing the sound waves to become larger coming into the cabin of the car. What a concept lol.

Candyredlac
10-29-06, 09:56 PM
WRONG! the so called "sound waves" you speak of coming out of the port is mostly air, which i really doubt that air will bounce off the trunk and become larger into the cabin LOL (in sarcastic tone), unlike a sealed box actually giving out real waves that will bounce...when you do this for a living and are getting paid to do custom installs and step up to my level then, just maybe we'll have a real conversation.

the727kid
10-29-06, 10:32 PM
Sorry I am only 17, I am going to II to get my MCEP right next summer before I turn 18.

Why don't you go post your theory on www.caraudio.com so you realize. And if you tell me those guys don't know what they are doing, well your crazy.

BTW what are you running in your set-up?

the727kid
10-29-06, 10:43 PM
Also, are you trying to tell me a seal box will make me louder or what? Or just sound better? Sure it might sound a lil better, but these ain't wal-mart subs....these ain't Kickers, these are very good SQ subs.

Candyredlac
10-30-06, 06:03 PM
(Sigh)...no I am not crazy and don't really use the internet much except for recently so i don't know about caraudio.com but i know that I can make a 10" inch kicker CVR hit harder and louder than you thought possible. I don't want to start any trouble seeing as howe i just got on the forum but for your information i have 2 18" Digital Design 9900, in a custom box giving 8.76 cubic feet of air per sub. Wanted to give them 12 but then i'd have to take out the back seat. I did have this but now since i don't have a car it's in the garage. BY the way I'm hitting 161.5 Decibles...and the kicker i made it hit 140.1 on 6.53 cubic feet.

the727kid
10-30-06, 07:08 PM
Your hiting 161.5 in a sealed box???

Candyredlac
10-30-06, 07:17 PM
No im just talkng highly about sealed boxes...yes it's in the trunk. I was gonna port it through the middle of the seat but then when i have people in the car i will have to close is causing problems. So just made a fiber glass box to match the car color

the727kid
10-30-06, 07:50 PM
Sealed boxes only = better SQ and more fqs the subs can achieve. Ported = much great SPL and the range you put it in hit much better. But like I said the SQ on my subs is VERY good even in a ported.

OffThaHorseCEO
11-01-06, 05:39 PM
ok so let me get this right, cause im confused on the whole ported vs sealed deal

neither is necessarily better but sealed will give better sound quality, which means tighter bass right?

ported will be louder but will perform better in the frequency its tuned to right

so im as loud as i feel i need to be, i have my amp turned down as a matter of fact, but the bass is not very tight, not as distinguishable between notes as id like it to be, i must need to switch to sealed correct?

OffThaHorseCEO
11-01-06, 05:41 PM
btw speakers are infinity reference dvc 12's, amp is 1100 watt kenwood d mono

i dont wanna buy more stuff except maybe the box so even if my stuff is considered "wal mart stuff" please dont bash it and tell me to go buy "better" stuff cause i have other things to spend my money on.

o btw nice lookin system 727kid

the727kid
11-01-06, 10:15 PM
Preciate that man. If your top priority is SQ, and not too much with SPL, then build a sealed box. Look up your subs specs and give them about .3-.5 more cubic feet than reccomended. And since your amp is turned down, what exactly do you mean? The gains are turned down or your bass boost or what?

OffThaHorseCEO
11-02-06, 11:56 AM
i meant i keep the bass boost turned all the way down, sure its louder with it up but i dont like how it sounds that way

here're my subs
http://images.cardomain.net/products/inf/INFREF1252W_1.jpg
http://images.cardomain.net/products/inf/INFREF1252W_2.jpg
http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF1252W

OffThaHorseCEO
11-02-06, 11:59 AM
so if the recommended dimensions are 1.25 by 1.25 i shoudl do 1.75 by 1.75 which equals 21 inches by 21 inches right

the727kid
11-02-06, 12:08 PM
It's reccomendation is 1.25 cubic feet not 1.25 by 1.25,if you did that you would have a sheet of wood with no volume lol.

I would say give build a 3 cubic foot box (you have two of them right).

I would say 40" wide, 12" tall, and 10.8" deep. That will give you 3 cubic feet, but are just rough numbers from my car (well my box is ALOT deeper lol.)

OffThaHorseCEO
11-02-06, 01:50 PM
k one more thing, my amp is 2 ohm stable, my voice coils are 4 ohm each, so i can wire them down to a 2 ohm load each sub (dual 4 ohm VC), also i lied, i just realized the amp isnt mono its a 2 channel, so can i run a 2 ohm load on each channel or will that turn it into a 1 ohm load (amp isnt stable at one ohm i suppose)

also what benefits to sql if any, would runnin the subs/amp at lower resistance provide

kcammie
11-02-06, 02:23 PM
Powerful system

the727kid
11-02-06, 02:25 PM
Higher Resistance = Less Power, Better SQ. If they are DVC 4ohm, wire them to 8ohms for your best SQ. If you run a 2 ohm load to each channel it will stay at 2 ohm.

OffThaHorseCEO
11-02-06, 05:58 PM
ok thanks for the advice

fwiw in reference to an earlier post, i dont believe in caps either.

i had a 93 buick roadmaster and my lights were dimming. everyone kept saying, put a cap in there this and that. well this was a body on fram vehicle so i upgraded the wiring, grounded str8 to the frame from the amp using the shortest possible route, then grounded the battery neg to frame using the shortest possible route, aka about 4 inches of 2 gauge then replaced battery to alt pos. with 2 gauge, and the engine block to neg using 2 gauge, and i even went in and upgraded the battery to body neg with 8 gauge.

all dimming stopped, lights burned brighter, started better etc etc

i called it the big 3.1

OffThaHorseCEO
11-02-06, 06:03 PM
Higher Resistance = Less Power, Better SQ. If they are DVC 4ohm, wire them to 8ohms for your best SQ. If you run a 2 ohm load to each channel it will stay at 2 ohm.

hate to go against what your saying...but i always thought the opposite

yes less resistance=more power, but i figured more power would improve sq and long as the power was "clean power" and the speaker could handle it

for example, if you push some pioneer (for example) interior speakers with a factory radio (about 52 watts MAX per channel) and you turn it up to full volume it will sound like shit from all the distortion. however hook up an amp with about 75 watts per channel rms and turn it up to the same volume and it will sound better, and not only that, at lower volumes it will sound better too.

maybe im wrong but id always been told that, please clarify.

(btw it wasnt just what i "heard" or had been told, i switched my rear 6x9's (buick roadmaster) from being powered by my car stereo to being powered by a very cheap flea market amp to being powered by a not so cheap walmart 200 watt amp and the difference was huge in each one, not just loudness but clarity quality and yes actually loudness, the speaker would go louder without distorting)

the727kid
11-02-06, 09:51 PM
It really depends. More power does = better SQ but when you already are feeding it enough power that is neccersarily true. Also remember amps can produce cleaner SQ than other amps.

fast66
11-03-06, 10:07 AM
Wow finally someone on this forum bought good subwoofers.

Eclipse are the best!

and you got some good amps aswell. Someone did their research.

Great choice

just make sure shit doesnt rattle and have fun

the727kid
11-03-06, 10:37 AM
Preciate that!, yea I spent a few months reading up before I finally bought (well had to save up too).

I'm pretty good on the rattles. 4 layers of Dynamat on the trunk, plus silicone on the license plate piece = very little rattle.

the727kid
11-05-06, 09:39 AM
New....HU....this thing is CRAZY!!! I'm getting a new dash kit because this one has broke clips plus the video switch which I don't need no more.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers009.jpg

fast66
11-06-06, 04:18 AM
you got enough space for a double din,

why dont you do that?

HITMONEY
11-06-06, 09:12 AM
Before I did my system I did reasearch as well.

I wanted one Sub and clean power. After going to a Sound Off event and hearing these components I had to have them, plus I have always, always been a fan of Zapco power.

Sub..

Image Dynamics IDMAX-D2 Series 12" Dual 2 ohm

http://audio-n-more.com/images/imagedynamics/idmax12.gif

Amp..

Zapco Reference 750.2

http://www.zapco.com/images/Amps_Enlarge_Pic/Ref_An/REF750_2.jpg

:)

OffThaHorseCEO
11-06-06, 11:25 AM
whats the trunk look like hitmoney

HITMONEY
11-06-06, 12:09 PM
whats the trunk look like hitmoney

Just the box with the amp mounted to it. I have been a lil lazy about finishing it up and flushing it in but I think i am a lil motivated now cause I am thinking about putting in a Carputer from Vealink replacing the factory NAV which means all the Bose factory stuff will have to come out as well and that will be a good time to finish her up.

I may wait until spring though when the new VMOD from Vizualogic comes out.

the727kid
11-06-06, 12:16 PM
you got enough space for a double din,

why dont you do that?

Money is quite an issue. I lost my job and don't have $1500 to spend on a Double Din Navigation. (If I went doubledin it would be the Eclipse). Even though I bough probally the best regular HU there is lol.

the727kid
11-06-06, 12:17 PM
BTW that DTS is mean looking, along with some bad-ass equipment. What components do you have??

I'm waiting for my Rainbow Germaniums to arrive :D.

HITMONEY
11-06-06, 12:18 PM
One of these days I am gonna see ya around, or most likely hear you, on the streets of St. Pete. 727kid.

;)

HITMONEY
11-06-06, 12:20 PM
BTW that DTS is mean looking, along with some bad-ass equipment. What components do you have??

I'm waiting for my Rainbow Germaniums to arrive :D.

Thats it. I am running the factory NAV and 10 speaker factory Bose premium sound. I tell you, it sounds pretty good for just adding a sub... but it looks as if soon i will be ripping it all out and going with aftermarket. Kinda bored with it right now.

the727kid
11-06-06, 12:21 PM
Damn I didn't even notice you stayed in St. Pete!! I live up by Ulmerton, not really St. Pete lol.

Do you go to any shows? Or Quaker Steak or gandy or the Causeway, I used to race the 4bangers at the Causeway with the ETC :D.

the727kid
11-06-06, 12:24 PM
Thats it. I am running the factory NAV and 10 speaker factory Bose premium sound. I tell you, it sounds pretty good for just adding a sub... but it looks as if soon i will be ripping it all out and going with aftermarket. Kinda bored with it right now.

If I ever run into you I'll let you hear the Germaniums....you will probally be like wow he was 4 speakers in this car? (I have no rear fill).

HITMONEY
11-06-06, 12:28 PM
I work at night (night clubs) from Tues thru Sat so I don't get to do Quaker Steak.

I raced the on the Causeway since 1986. Well, not so much anymore... last time was probably 5 to 7 years ago. I was on the Courtney Cambell I believe it was 1999 when one bike was doing a fly-by and rear ended another bike at 100mph while the other bike was stopped staging for a race.

Watched the one guy fly into oncoming traffic and get impaled by oncoming truck. That was the last time I raced either bridge.

;)

the727kid
11-06-06, 12:32 PM
Damn....that's serious shit. Worst I seen was a SRT4 rear ending a dude on a bike at the light waiting to go. He was ok though.

fast66
11-11-06, 03:10 AM
Before I did my system I did reasearch as well.

I wanted one Sub and clean power. After going to a Sound Off event and hearing these components I had to have them, plus I have always, always been a fan of Zapco power.

Sub..

Image Dynamics IDMAX-D2 Series 12" Dual 2 ohm

http://audio-n-more.com/images/imagedynamics/idmax12.gif

Amp..

Zapco Reference 750.2

http://www.zapco.com/images/Amps_Enlarge_Pic/Ref_An/REF750_2.jpg

Nice!

zapco is a great amp company

HITMONEY
11-11-06, 04:25 AM
Thank you.... but man.. Zapco stuff sure isn't easy on the wallet.

Seems like they run a simple equasion $100 per WATT... and that still doesn't quite cover it. LOL!

the727kid
11-11-06, 01:55 PM
Actually I believe they were $2 a watt last time I checked lol.

fast66
11-11-06, 10:15 PM
theres a guy in the escalade forums that has 2 zapco's

i think they cost about $5K a piece.

They are massive

OffThaHorseCEO
11-11-06, 11:35 PM
damn thats balla status right there fo sho

so 727kid have you got it finished yet, got any more pics?

the727kid
11-12-06, 11:39 AM
No, I am still waiting on my new components and my 300/4. Then it will probally be a little while b4 i panel it off I have no job right now.

HITMONEY
11-13-06, 03:51 AM
No, I am still waiting on my new components and my 300/4. Then it will probally be a little while b4 i panel it off I have no job right now.

If you are REAL GOOD at flushing in sub boxes and amps, I'll give ya a job doing mine.

the727kid
11-13-06, 05:31 PM
What exactly do you mean flushing? You mean like paneling them off?

On another note....I'm finishg up my tint tommorow. I ripped it all off today and spent all day scrubbing the glue off. 2.5% going on tommorow :D.

the727kid
11-17-06, 11:15 AM
The bass got to it....

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers012.jpg

urbanski
11-17-06, 11:21 AM
HAHAH your stereo knocked off the rear view???? :p

the727kid
11-17-06, 12:43 PM
Yea, broke the plastic/metal ball apart.

urbanski
11-17-06, 12:49 PM
HAHA sweet. :cool:

the727kid
11-17-06, 03:49 PM
Tinted up...
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers013.jpg

the727kid
11-18-06, 01:47 PM
HITMONEY......was that you I ended up racing on 66th street last night??? Some dude was pulling into the middle of the intersection so I decded to pass him once it turned green (had to get over anyways) n I get on it a little n I look over and theres a car staying right next to me, I floor it and keeps right up, I'm like WTF, and then once I slow down to get in the turn lane I notice its an all black DTS.

1badcaddy
11-22-06, 05:06 PM
I going with a S12L7 Kicker with dual 2 ohm voice coils run on a Fosgate 5002 365Wrms x2 @ 2ohms. It will be in a 2.0 cubic foot sealed Kicker box. That should be plenty to back up the stock bose system.

HITMONEY
11-23-06, 04:14 AM
HITMONEY......was that you I ended up racing on 66th street last night??? Some dude was pulling into the middle of the intersection so I decded to pass him once it turned green (had to get over anyways) n I get on it a little n I look over and theres a car staying right next to me, I floor it and keeps right up, I'm like WTF, and then once I slow down to get in the turn lane I notice its an all black DTS.

What night?

Very well may have been, but then again... it probably wasn't because I would not have just stayed with you.....

:stirpot: :eek:

CadillacSTS42005
11-23-06, 06:33 AM
oooooo BUST!!!!
now see, i woulda smoked both of ya!

the727kid
11-23-06, 12:12 PM
What night?

Very well may have been, but then again... it probably wasn't because I would not have just stayed with you.....

:stirpot: :eek:

Umm, Monday night I believe?

You really think you could pull me? I got a few hundred pounds in the trunk bout I doubt it!

HITMONEY
11-23-06, 12:13 PM
Easy way to find out.

the727kid
11-23-06, 12:14 PM
Yea!, let me get a paycheck first so I got gas to get out of my driveway lol.

HITMONEY
11-23-06, 12:15 PM
oooooo BUST!!!!
now see, i woulda smoked both of ya!

With your magic chip right!?!

:alchi:

CadillacSTS42005
11-23-06, 12:33 PM
oooo
nah i can used my TB, exhaust and the fact im like 500 lbs lighter to smother you
hahaaha
i sold the chip already to someone who seen my youtube videos of it for my money back

the727kid
12-23-06, 02:41 AM
New Pics!! Installing the HC2000 battery :)

But first....the new HU with new dash kit

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers174.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/k1.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/k3.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/k4.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers175.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers176.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers177.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers178.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers179.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers180.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Speakers182.jpg

CadillacSTS42005
12-23-06, 01:52 PM
dude
your infos look like they are gonna fall out...

the727kid
12-23-06, 03:15 PM
Hater!! They are in their very secure trust me! I have to pry that bitch out hard to get it out!

CadillacSTS42005
12-23-06, 03:17 PM
lol
i dont hate
but theres like a 5 mm gap between them and the radio
you want it clean man do it right
mine lines up perfect!

the727kid
12-23-06, 03:26 PM
It's just that angle, they are pretty close.

dp102288
12-23-06, 09:21 PM
727, very nice pics. Good info for the board. Looks like a pretty nice set up you got going!

mtflight
12-28-06, 12:06 AM
My only question is where do you put your golf clubs?

I bet it sounds badass. You guys mean business. :thumbsup:

the727kid
12-28-06, 01:51 PM
Lol no golfing for me! I did keep my tools in the back/front seat though with a blanket over ther leather.

the727kid
01-17-07, 01:04 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos.jpg

New Amps!!! For those that don't know...2200rms @ .5 per amp!

Still waiting ont he speakers amp, 320watts per side on my components :), and 50feet of 0 gauge, got 25 sittin right here, and 2 more 0 gauge fuse holders, got 4 right here, and another HC2000.

mtflight
01-17-07, 03:17 PM
Very nice looking. I'm having difficulty figuring out what system I will need. Here are my choices... Audio systems (http://www.hearingaidworld.com/hearing_aids/siemens_hearing_aids.html)

:-)

Greg McCool
01-17-07, 07:12 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos.jpg

New Amps!!! For those that don't know...2200rms @ .5 per amp!

Still waiting ont he speakers amp, 320watts per side on my components :), and 50feet of 0 gauge, got 25 sittin right here, and 2 more 0 gauge fuse holders, got 4 right here, and another HC2000.

i will have to say this , i just got dun testing thoes amps.. NICE power! I wil get pics up of install

the727kid
01-17-07, 07:23 PM
Awsome, some one else on the board that knows a lil more in-depth audio!! What you use? Mags, Qs?...Let's see your #s and your electrical system, I know my electrical going to be A+!!

Greg McCool
01-17-07, 09:39 PM
My buddy has 2 of them in his truck. He runs 4 15s and 2 of them same amps on 16v.

the727kid
01-17-07, 11:34 PM
16v? What kind power they put out? I know 16v setups are actualy real easy to do. Type of 15s?

01devilledts
01-18-07, 03:36 AM
Those amps are for just your subs right?

the727kid
01-18-07, 08:26 AM
No I am feeding my mid-bass 2000watts lol. Yuh they are, I got a 100.4 coming next week.

01devilledts
01-18-07, 01:12 PM
ahh ok, Thats it? i have 200wrms to each door, you should put more power to your mids.

Greg McCool
01-18-07, 08:19 PM
more power is better!

the727kid
01-18-07, 10:19 PM
ahh ok, Thats it? i have 200wrms to each door, you should put more power to your mids.

Do your research homeboy, 100.4 puts out 320rms to each door ;).

01devilledts
01-19-07, 01:17 AM
320 x2 bridged is not 320ea. to 4 speakers

the727kid
01-19-07, 08:58 AM
Thought you knew I only run a front stage?

I have an ETC, + who needs a rear stage ;). Missing 6x9s=ports to a pretty much sealed trunk.

expert4
02-12-07, 11:21 PM
justed wanted to put in my 2 cents about the ported box in a trunk thing to clear it up for some of the newbies reading this. Most car audio subwoofers require 2 boxes one is the sealed, ported bandpass etc... the other box is the trunk/ car itself. When you put a ported box in a semi sealed trunk it actually acts more like a bandpass box and not a ported box due to the vented box with the car and semi sealed trunk acting as a section of a bandpass box. With this being said it is not wrong to put a ported box in the trunk but you are rolling the dice and hoping to get lucky with the overall performance ----quality and SPL is much tougher to optimize in this configeration versus a sealed box done properly always gets good results. Hopefully yours works out.

In terms of the voltage and electrical system you always want to have the same size power and ground and fro your size system you can get a big improvment cheap by upgrading the main battery to alternator power and ground to the same guage wire as your system wire and also do the same for the battery to engine and battery to chassis ground with the same guage wire. this will provide you with better power, less loss and greater reliability for your battery and alternator at very little time and cost.

expert4
02-12-07, 11:29 PM
and by the way I have been doing this stuff for a long time

the727kid
02-12-07, 11:56 PM
Nice Lade, love the Davin Blaks. They got them in 24"s now for a limited time. Anyways, as you stated for the box, my next box is being built idealy for my car, there is no guessing and what not. BTW when you mentioned the battery cables, I already posted a thread on the Big 3 Upgrade and how to do it ;).

anyways, update....new subs....Fi BLs...fully-loaded. And o ya plenty of 0 gauge, 4 runs in total to be specific :).

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos015-1.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos016.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos009-1.jpg

Gotta wire it up, finish sealing up my doors, carpet and drill my false floor all this week :).

Greg McCool
02-13-07, 07:26 AM
looks like kicker wire!

the727kid
02-13-07, 09:53 AM
Yuppp, I don't like their equipment, but god damn they have nice wire!!!!

the727kid
02-15-07, 07:13 PM
BTW I'm not a professional by any means so don't expect a perfectly clean install.

The Equipment, 75 feet of 0 gauge, hc2000, RammMat & Ensolite, and of course the BLs
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos018.jpg

Test fitting the amps, see how they would layout
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos019-1.jpg

And everything out...the false floor<br>
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos020.jpg

The 0 gauge running under the hood (it's been zip-tied up since)<br>
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos026.jpg

All the 0 gauge ran and in the trunk
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos024.jpg

3 runs under the carpet I'm suprised I made this fit. I had to put one run down the other side, I didn't even bother trying it on the drivers side too.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos023-1.jpg

And the equipment back in my room right now, the TIs appear to be better subs just by look, but don't judge abook by it's cover

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos027.jpg

The more exciting pictures tommorow. Installing everything and carpeting the false floor.

mtflight
02-15-07, 07:44 PM
you may not be a pro, but you could pass for one. That engine compartment looks like mine...except for the messy wiring (just kidding) but you're missing a nut on the beauty cover.

the727kid
02-15-07, 07:59 PM
Thx man! Yea I need to clean it, that is my goal after all this is done, to give her a REAL nice detail and prob a nice wet sand and buff. BTW do you know where I could get one of those nuts? Little shit like that drives me crazy.

chazglenn3
02-16-07, 02:41 PM
They are available from the dealer parts counter. I think I paid something ridiculous like $5.00 each for them.

the727kid
02-17-07, 12:54 AM
Didn't finish today but almost there, I had to put in another system today as well and that was priority over mine.

....Just about all wired up
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos032.jpg
Carpeting the floor
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos033.jpg
Test fitting
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos034.jpg
Other system I installed today
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos035.jpg
And where I finished today, all wires ran and ready for amps and subs.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos036.jpg

mtflight
02-17-07, 01:18 AM
Good job, impressive.

the727kid
02-18-07, 07:48 PM
Sub box in
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos038.jpg

One sub in
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos039.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos040.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos041.jpg

Both In
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos042.jpg

All done :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i269/the727kid/Videos053.jpg

mtflight
02-18-07, 08:27 PM
Sub box in.
One sub in.
Both In.
All done :).

Looks great, but what are you going to do when you buy an XLR? Will there be enough room for the subs with the retractable top and all?

the727kid
02-18-07, 09:20 PM
LOL when I buy an XLR a system will be last thing I'm thinking about.