: '99 or '00 ETC?

jlarson69
10-14-06, 12:28 AM
I'm in the market for an Eldorado, a car I've wanted for years.
I've found two I really want.
One is a 1999 ETC with 56k, a Viper alarm, 2004 Cadillac wheels, tint, and it comes with a 90 day/3,000 warranty. The bad part is it's on Ebay and I can't go drive it due to distance. This car is about $10k plus $795 shipping.
The other is a 2000 ETC also with 56k miles, but it has Onstar and a moonroof.
Other than the options I listed, they're both the same. Black exterior/interior, same mileage. I would be able to drive the 2000 before I buy but it has no warranty as it's from a private seller and it's 10 hours away. This seller wants $12k for this car.
I've seen pictures of both these cars and they're both really clean.
Neither have maintenance records and both cars check out with Carfax.
I like the options more on the '99, but would the 2000 be a better bet since they changed the N*s in 2000? Do the 2000 and up Eldos have less problems with blown headgaskets?
I am scared to death of these cars blowing a headgasket in a few thousand miles.
I haven't been able to find a black on black ETC in the area I live in and I've been looking for months.

Ranger
10-14-06, 11:04 AM
Keep up with the cooling system mainatnence and you should be ok, though there is always the exception. Either car should have had the coolant changed once already.

AKETC
10-26-06, 06:55 PM
Hey Josh Is this you? I tried to email you back through ebay about your car and they cut me off. I guess they don't want members talking to each other. Just so you I post here so maybe you will check in and I can get ahold of you