: Speedo changes and running lights

kipawariver
10-13-06, 07:59 PM
I just purchased a US market SRX for import into Canada. I need to know if it's easy to convert the speedo to metric and if the SRX doesn't come with standard daytime running lights in the US, is it something that can be converted easily? They are made by the same plants so there should be something in the computer to allow easy conversion. Any ideas? Comments?Thanks.

sgilbert
10-13-06, 09:20 PM
Dealer???

kipawariver
10-13-06, 10:27 PM
Yeah, dealer is the obvious choice but I always like a second and hopefully qualified opinion(s) to check the knowledge base against. Anybody???

medmarkco
10-14-06, 02:59 AM
I just purchased a US market SRX for import into Canada. I need to know if it's easy to convert the speedo to metric and if the SRX doesn't come with standard daytime running lights in the US, is it something that can be converted easily? They are made by the same plants so there should be something in the computer to allow easy conversion. Any ideas? Comments?Thanks.

Should not need a dealer to do this - if you're asking what I think you are. Using the info/menu button, look for "units". Choose English or Metric. The physical speedo scale will remain the same, but the measured units will be displayed as MPH or KPH. So, if you're running along at 65 MPH and switch to metric the needle will jump to 105.

My 2005 uses the directional/marker yellow lens above the fogs for DRL's.

ewill3rd
10-14-06, 05:36 AM
I'd agree with that last post.
There should be an English/Metric button or setting somewhere to convert display units.
DRLs are standard equipment on all GM cars and light trucks since 1997.
Not sure if they meet the same requirements as Canadian vehicles, but I don't know how the laws are up there.

ryaus1
10-14-06, 10:39 AM
I can switch between US and Metric on my 05 SRX. It's pretty cool - it changes the temperature unit between F and C, and all of the board computer information, e.g. mpg <--> l/100km

kipawariver, the only thing you need to do is verify if Canada is OK with the yellow DRL.

kipawariver
10-15-06, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the useful info. I'll look into the lighting situation.

beekay
10-19-06, 11:13 AM
I can change it on my 2004 SRX with NAV. the control panel allows me to change MPH/KPH. i am guessing you don't have the NAV/control panel on your SRX. I gotta believe that there is a simple computer change the dealer should be able to do.

bk