: Crossfire SRT-6

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-13-06, 12:43 PM
-Not sure if this is the right forum?-

Ive got a chance to grab what I think is a great deal. A 2005 Crossfire SRT-6, under 4000 miles. The seller is a friend of the family. I can get it for 25K. Ive always liked these cars for the s/c'ed v6. Ever since selling my regal, ive wanted back into the s/c'ed 6cyl game. It's also in immaculate shape.

The downside to this car is the looks which im not sure about, and the automatic which i really dont like. I dont drive autos. And Ill have to trade in my 350z which i love the looks of.

The upside is the fact I can trade my 350z practically straight up for it with money to spare. And the 350z was gonna cost too much money to s/c or turbo, for the gains. Also, the Crossfire is already so much faster the the Z, and I can work on the suspension setup, even tho the SRT doesn't handle bad.

Any thoughts? Would you do it? Im just thinking about the potential that engine has, as Ive seen that engine in an SLK32 put down almost 375 whp with little mods.

Adam
10-13-06, 12:48 PM
man if its something you would like then i say go for it. if you are after hp that is. 25k isnt a bad price for it either and they arent bad looking cars. not the greatest looking but they have turned heads. have you test driven this thing? good luck with your decision.

RobertCTS
10-13-06, 12:54 PM
I've always liked the looks of the CrossFire but was turned off by its lack of HP. IS SC an option or something you would add. It's rwd right! What's the color?

ShadowLvr400
10-13-06, 01:24 PM
The Crossfire is ugly IMO. As for the 350Z... Doesn't appeal much either. I'd be hunting a used Vette. C4 or C6. (Not a huge fan of the C5, dunno why.)

RobertCTS
10-13-06, 01:49 PM
The Crossfire is ugly IMO. As for the 350Z... Doesn't appeal much either. I'd be hunting a used Vette. C4 or C6. (Not a huge fan of the C5, dunno why.)

Well...I like the C3 myself:D

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/VetteII.jpg

LUVMY04V
10-13-06, 02:09 PM
I would stay with the 350z and save for the turbo....it is a much cooler car imho :yup: the crossfire is the next pt cruiser they will become very ordinary and unappealing to many people in the years to come I think and u cant make a crossfire look like this http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2444000-2444999/2444698_17.jpgor thishttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2050000-2050999/2050248_2.jpg

CIWS
10-13-06, 02:32 PM
That is a good price on the SRT version of the car, but I'd say stay with the Z and save up to turbo it :) Or save your cash and buy a Skyline when they start selling over here :D

CVP33
10-13-06, 04:38 PM
I drove this car today for the SRT Track Experience at VIR's North Track. This was by far the best handling of the bunch. It's a little twitchy at the limit, but at 95% it's a hoot. Off the line is very good, but not great. Once you're going though, it's got the goods. The S/C'r definitely pulls this thing from 30mph up to redline. I had this up over 120mph on the straight (as fast as they'd let us go) and it's as stable as they come. The interior is very nice and fit/finish overall is excellent. You won't be sorry. But if you're over 6' forget it. I'm 6' and had to drive the convertible, the hardtop was too tight for me.

illumina
10-13-06, 04:45 PM
I like the Nissan much much better.

Boombotz
10-13-06, 05:37 PM
My friend has a Crossfire SRT and he loves his.
Only problem he has is it has been in the shop for a lot of repairs and he doesn't think that many mechanics know this things yet.

xxpinballxx
10-13-06, 05:56 PM
I agree that the crossfire will be a thing of the past. A flash in the pan type of car that really missed the mark! Asthetically speaking it is unbarable and the alternative...a 350G?! There is no question keep the 350 save up and invest in the performance of the 350 and keep the appeal of the masses.
I have seen a couple crossfires that are pretty laid out and look nice...CONSIDERING its a crossfire! My opinion...keep the 350z...or better yet trade it in for its brother the G35 and enjoy the Infinite pride in owning an infinity!

Destroyer
10-13-06, 06:43 PM
I think I'd take the Crossfire in SRT form. Faster and much more unique than a 350Z which are everywhere.

ChicagoCTS32
10-13-06, 06:49 PM
I think Z's are killer. The crossfire is nice, but it's a chrysler. I'm guessing because your name is aznpride, you're probably not over 6' tall, so Chris's problem with fit wouldn't be much of a problem. The stuff I've read about the SRT version is that the suspension is tighter, the ride is rougher, and it's not that much faster. The automatic would definately not be much fun. Every day I drive to work in the morning, I'm glad I have a auto, but every weekend and every night I wish I had a stick. If it's going to be a joy-rider and not a DD, I would pass on the soviet racing team.

Florian
10-13-06, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing because your name is aznpride, you're probably not over 6' tall, .

Ouch......:ill:

F

Sandy
10-13-06, 10:17 PM
Grab the Crossfire. It's a fabulous car, SRT FASTand loads of fun! Sharp looking, a little like a Porsche from the rear and elegant inside. I had one for 2 weeks (rental) and I hated giving it back. It's unique, in a sea of me toos. If it's the special edition in yellow with the white leather it's a bases loaded home run! (You can manually shift that auto in it, too). An impressive, elegant speedster with excellent fit & finish.

illumina
10-14-06, 12:53 AM

F

+5 (I'm writing this because I have to leave a message that is at least four characters).

dp102288
10-14-06, 08:26 AM
Do what makes you happy.

I say go for it, or you might regret it.

But you might regret the Z if you get rid of it.

I really don't have any helpful advice for you, but I am going to hit the post button anyway. Thank you for shopping dp102288's!

ChicagoCTS32
10-14-06, 09:32 AM

F

+5 (I'm writing this because I have to leave a message that is at least four characters).

Bah... regal knows me from the CTS forum and I would mean no disrespect by it.

Any decisions based on our widely varying opinions?

AlBundy
10-14-06, 10:43 AM
If you like both cars equally as well keep the 350Z but if its that much of a killer deal that it tips you toward the Crossfire I think you already know what you want to do.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-14-06, 11:23 AM
I'll take the Z, the Crossfire is ugly as shit IMO.

Destroyer
10-14-06, 01:50 PM
Grab the Crossfire. It's a fabulous car, SRT FASTand loads of fun! Sharp looking, a little like a Porsche from the rear and elegant inside. I had one for 2 weeks (rental) and I hated giving it back. It's unique, in a sea of me toos. If it's the special edition in yellow with the white leather it's a bases loaded home run! (You can manually shift that auto in it, too). An impressive, elegant speedster with excellent fit & finish.
You do realize that the Crossfire is a rebodied Mercedes right?:D

brougham
10-14-06, 02:06 PM
Get the Crossfire. They look really good.