Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ewill3rd 
#1 ·
I have a 03 Deville. I was told by onstar that only 04's and newer have the capabilites to combine your minutes with verizon. Why is that? I have the digital service, so what makes it so special? Onstar can't seem to find a answer.

#2 ·
Are you saying you purchased a digital upgrade?
If you have then you should be able to do it.
I can't swear to that as OnStar is in charge of all that stuff, but I don't see why it wouldn't work if you want to add your vehicle to your Verizon account.

#4 ·
What I want to know is what are the people with analog vehicles supposed to do. I keep hearing about upgrades but they're saying it's only for certain vehicles.

So what, the other 75 million vehicles with OnStar are out of luck.

#5 ·
They are adding vehicles all the time to the upgrade program, not sure when they are going to stop going back with kits for older models.
Here is a list of vehicles with the digital upgrade available:
2003-2004 Buick Rendezvous, LeSabre

2004 Buick Rainier, Regal

2004-2005 Buick Century

2002-2004 Cadillac DeVille, Seville

2003-2004 Cadillac CTS

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade Models

2004-2005 Cadillac SRX (Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 50169388), XLR

2005 Cadillac CTS (Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 50162843), STS (with RPOs DD8 & TQ5), STS (with RPO DD7 or DD8)

2002-2004 Chevrolet Impala, Monte Carlo, TrailBlazer Models

2003-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier, Venture

2004 Chevrolet Colorado

2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt, Corvette, Equinox

2002-2004 GMC Envoy Models

2003-2004 GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon Models

2004 GMC Canyon

2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada

2003-2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette

2003-2004 Pontiac Aztek, Bonneville

2003-2005 Pontiac Montana, Sunfire

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

2005 Pontiac G6

2003-2004 HUMMER H2

Equipped with OnStar® (RPO UE1)
I was told by someone at OnStar that a digital hardware package is required to link your vehicle to your verizon account. Like I said though, they know more about that particular aspect of it than I can tell you.
OnStar analog service is all scheduled to be discontinued in January of '08.
I suspect they'll do their best to get you to upgrade before that date, but if they don't offer an upgrade kit you are probably just done. I don't doubt that they will be more than happy to tell you to buy a new car to continue your service or buy a used car that is compatible with the upgrade kits.

For those of you who are unaware, the parts and labor are paid for by GM if you choose to participate in the digital upgrade program but you are responsible to pay for a 3 year service contract at the completion of the upgrade. Our dealer accounts are billed as soon as we activate the new unit for the subscription fee. The Safety and Security package is $549 and I think the Directions and Connections package is $1,099.

#6 ·
Do you know if OnStar accounts are transferable from vehicle to vehicle? I would definitely commit to 3 years of Safe and Sound package, which is what I have now to get the upgrade. I know that my next vehicle will be OnStar equipped.

#7 ·
Here is what the Digital agreement form says about that:

ENDING OR TRANSFERRING YOUR OnStar SERVICE.If you choose to cancel your OnStarservice before the end of the Term, THE AMOUNT THAT YOU PAY FOR THE ADDITIONAL OnStar PLAN UNDER THIS SUPPLEMENT IS NOT REFUNDABLE TO YOU AND OnStar WILL KEEP THAT AMOUNT.However, if you buy or lease a new OnStar-equipped GM vehicle before the end of the Term, you may transfer any whole months of OnStarservice remaining on the Additional OnStar Planthat you buy under this Supplement to the new vehicle. You will have to request the appropriate transfer and must meet all OnStarrequirements for service with your new vehicle.
Some of that language seems strange to me, but I am sure if you have any questions you can call OnStar and ask them. 888-4-OnStar
Please visit the following link to view, and print if you like, the digital upgrade agreement.
This form must be signed by the subscriber and given to your dealership.
They'll fill in any information you don't know and fax it to the supplier to order the kit.
http://www.autocraft.com/aeweb/downloads/ADTUpgradeForm.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.