: Part Number for '07 Sport Grill

Killrwheels
10-11-06, 09:00 PM
Need to know how to get the Sport Grill ?? Assuming it will have to be painted, since they had two units (met red and silver) at the South Florida Autoshow both sporting the new grill. Any help is appreciated, looks to be a direct fit.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/news/2006/0713/07.cadillac.srx.f34.500.jpg
Pic of Grill -- File Photo

dbknight
10-11-06, 09:17 PM
Is it possible to get the sport grill insert, but keep the chrome trim around the opening? I think that would look sharp . . .

b4z
10-11-06, 09:35 PM
I've always wondered if the CTS and SRX grilles are indentical?

Maybe try E&G or Vogue?

medmarkco
10-12-06, 08:30 PM
I've always wondered if the CTS and SRX grilles are indentical?

Maybe try E&G or Vogue?

They are not. Before ordering a 'sport" grille, make double sure it is interchangeable. I stopped by the local C dealer today and looked at the SRX Sport on the lot. Does not look like the standard grille and sport grille are interchangeable. The front fascia on the sport is ALL one piece and the grille appears to extend further forward and down at the bottom "V" edge. Had nothing to measure with, so just a visual observation.

What I like most about the sport front end is the mesh inserts. Such a PITA trying to keep leaves and road debris out of the lower grille openings of my '05. Have the trans cooler, so the junk gets stuck in the cage for the dual fans and is extra hard to get out.

Killrwheels
02-01-07, 07:24 PM
Before ordering a 'sport" grille, make double sure it is interchangeable. I stopped by the local C dealer today and looked at the SRX Sport on the lot. Does not look like the standard grille and sport grille are interchangeable.

Any updates ?? I need one in Smoke Silver ... the Ft Laud Autoshow had two in different colors, and both had sport grill. (red, silver) Have only seen one on road, it was a Black CTS with same exact grill.

rblimas
02-01-07, 09:22 PM
wow...i did not know that they made a sport grill for the srx

robhersch
02-01-07, 09:50 PM
What I like most ........is the mesh inserts. Such a PITA trying to keep leaves and road debris out of the lower grille openings of my '05. Have the trans cooler, so the junk gets stuck in the cage for the dual fans and is extra hard to get out.

I have no interest in the "sport grill" as such, but would be interested in some kind of lower opening for my 05 SRX N*V8 Blue Chip with tow pkg, trans cooler, etc preferred but black would also work.

GMJim
02-02-07, 07:07 AM
I was considering doing the same thing. I verified this concern by pulling up the data & overlaying the sport fascia & base fascia. The sport grille will not fit a base fascia. The opening is almost 2 inches lower, and is almost 1 inch forward. It appears you could install a sport fascia assembly, but you would need different wheel house liners as well. Who knows what else you would need once you got into it.

wifescaddy
02-02-07, 08:10 AM
Id like to have a lower grille for mine also but would kill for set of those rims on the sport.But im sure there too much change for me.

yourgmsolutions
02-02-07, 10:24 AM
I have a complete 2007 sport package
front bumper, grill insert upper and lover, and few other little things, I have one extra I can sell

GMJim
02-02-07, 12:05 PM
reminder!!! the base front wheel liner will not work with a sport fascia. Unless your fascia asm has fog lamps/turn sidnals in it, i'm pretting sure they are different as well. Lots to consider..................

scout01
02-03-07, 08:17 AM
will the '07 sport grill fit the '06?

GMJim
02-03-07, 04:48 PM
Neg!!!!!!!!!