: 1999 Deville front suspension rattle

RRG
10-10-06, 07:14 PM
I have a 1999 Deville with a muted rattle when driving over rough roads at slow speed . I am thinking worn bushings at the top of the struts , or a disk brake rattle . Anyone know what this could be ? The mechanics at the shop cant find anything loose when they put it up on the hoist .
Thanks
RRG

mtflight
10-11-06, 12:46 PM
My strut mounts were worn, and replacing them got rid of a little clunk going over speed bumps. Unfortunately, a strut leaked to it's death soon thereafter and now I have a thumpy sound coming through the steering, brake pedal, and floor... I'm replacing the dead strut this weekend.

RRG
10-14-06, 09:10 PM
Thanks
I took my Deville to a good front end shop and they found that the front stabilizer links were worn . They replaced both links at a price of 150.00 each and 65.00 for labour . The rattle is gone .
RRG

Broughamfanatic
10-14-06, 11:03 PM
Talk about a goocher! I was just about to post about the exact same thing for my 96 Eldorado when I came across this thread. My rattle is coming from the front-right side of the car. It seems to only happen at low speeds, too. Another thing to look at (even though it didn't help in my case) is the plastic splash guards in the wheel wells. One was missing a couple of press-in fasteners, and was contacting part of the steering linkage on the right side. Well anyway, now I know about struts and bushings. Thanks.