: does this look ok?

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 12:52 AM
my girlfriend is visiting her father and younger siblings in new york right now. they dont have internet access and we have an internet class together i guess. well shes done a few assignements for me and now im returning the favor since shes out of town

we're supposed to make a menu thats 1 page 2 columns and uses a lot of ms word default formatting as well as word art and clip art, so since we can import clip art i made the logo, anyways tell me what you think

damn why does nobody want to host .doc files, or even .rtf files, i had to get a screen shot, here it is
http://www.geocities.com/unicoscc/lamela.gif

btw, i fixed the part where it cuts off under the logo

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 12:53 AM
clarification, i cant say i made the logo entirely, i found a pic of an apple on google, then put words to it, la mela means the apple in italian, or i was under the impression it did

eldorado99
10-10-06, 01:48 AM
I would only have minor complaints, first one being I don't like the crescent shape word art, it's too hard to read. Second being the "D" on dessert is capitalized but none of the other wordarts are. Other than that it looks good to me.

EDIT: One more complaint (And its REALLY anal so feel free to ignore it entirely) where you have the restaurant hours listed, it is usually more proper to list Sunday as the first day and Saturday as the last.

EDIT 2: I keep looking closer and seeing more things... Some of the descriptions have periods at the end and others do not.

JimHare
10-10-06, 07:08 AM
No major complaints, but "Entree's" should not be spelled with an apostrophe - Just plain ol' "Entrees"

Have you adjusted the margins and gutter? From your screen cap things look a little offset towards the left edge of the paper.

And the reason you're having trouble getting a .DOC file hosted is the potential for macro viruses (virii?) in them. Carry more bugs than Typhoid Mary sometimes....

CIWS
10-10-06, 07:42 AM
Where's the Espresso damnit !! :tisk: ;)

dp102288
10-10-06, 08:15 AM
No hard liquor? Good job though, MS word can be a pain in the a** sometimes.

xxpinballxx
10-10-06, 09:04 AM
looks good. I agree with Eldo the warped lettering and straight underlining looks a bit odd and the D in Dessert. I wouldn't have even noticed but now that I know it stands out. Seems to be a small menu better have good looking servers to make up for it...LOL!

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 10:14 AM
ok i woulda picked out the same things. we're being graded on grammar so ill be sending the teacher a revised copy, i finished right before i posted it so it was late and i was getting sleepy

about the arced word art, that was the least stupid (to me) word art that ms word has to offer, and we are required to use word art so that kinda has to stay

i figured that about the store hours and started to type it that way but in the end i typed off the top of my head, ill change that

i sure hope the teacher accepts multiple submissions, thanks for lookin over it

LittleB
10-10-06, 11:26 AM
I like it a lot!

Spyder
10-10-06, 11:36 AM
I like it a lot as well...Just fix the D to a d or the others to caps and fix the periods at the end of some. Add them where they need to be, fix the grammar and you'll be all bueno!

I would leave the schedule M-Sun. I just like it better that way and never have understood why restaurants and businesses go and screw up a good thing, like the layout of a week.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-06, 11:40 AM
Looks good , i see you offer various wines , which is good becuse little B is on her way here and im gonna take her there and woo her ....

she knows deep down she cant resist a man who plays with legos

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 12:01 PM
haha thanks, i like your legomans shirt, i might get me one like that

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-06, 12:02 PM
yeah hes cool , hes at the lego doctor today after last nights run in with a dirty lego girl ....

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 12:15 PM
haha, does he drive a lego caddy?

if so he must have all the lego ladies

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-06, 12:22 PM
his caddys in the shop , he says hell stop by here later on today once he gets it back out of there ....it has a big brick V8 and huge fins

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 02:23 PM
haha big brick nice one

Stoneage_Caddy
10-10-06, 02:59 PM
hes a mean bastard too , he got banned here after one post

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 06:30 PM
heres the rubric
Objective

Demonstrate proficiency in the use of application software to produce useable documents.

Task

As a world famous chef, you have finally decided to open your own restaurant. Create a theme (Chinese, Italian, Soda Shop, Sports Bar, etc) and a dining menu for your restaurant.

Planning

______ Create a name and theme for your restaurant

______ Decide on your menu. Will you serve breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner? What appetizers will you serve? Entrees? Desserts? Beverages?

______ Include a description for each item on your menu

______ Set prices

Design Criteria

Design a one-page two-column Menu for your restaurant. You have total creative control over the content and design. Your menu should contain no spelling or grammatical errors. Your design should evidence that you can perform each of the skills listed below. Points will be deducted for each skill not evidenced in your design. This lab should be completed independently and should not resemble another student's design.

Skill

Points Possible

Word Wrap used

Font changed

Font Size changed

Font Color changed

Font Style changed

(B, I, U)

Font Effect changed

Line Spacing changed

Apply a Default Style (Heading 1, etc)

Alignment changed

Set Tabs or Indent (defaults don't count)

Create a Bulleted or Numbered List

Add Borders or Shading

Set Side Margins (.75 both sides)

Add a Footer with your name

2 columns

Insert a Table

Table AutoFormat

Add WordArt

Add Clipart

Spelling/Grammar

Total Points

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 06:32 PM
heres attempt 2

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/Offthahorseceo/ristorante-1.gif

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 06:34 PM
fix the grammar and you'll be all bueno!

ok so i fixed the periods, what else needs fixing, im not good at run ons and stuff like that

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-10-06, 07:59 PM
Classy as hell, I like it! :thumbsup:

eldorado99
10-10-06, 09:13 PM
All I see wrong now is when you fixed the hours you forgot to capitalize "Saturday" and its also cut off a bit. :)

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 09:36 PM
ok fixed, thanks for the input everyone,that was hers, now i need to start working on mine, any ideas?

btw it was due today hehe

hey onbe post away from a thousand, unless editing a post counts as a post then this would be post 1000

eldorado99
10-10-06, 10:20 PM
Well I remember my friends did a Kosher menu in high school a few years ago, they did a great job (For high school) and it was pretty original, I can almost guarantee no one else will do that, maybe your teacher would like to look at something a little different after marking more of the same...?

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 11:12 PM
i dont even know what kosher is

eldorado99
10-10-06, 11:25 PM
i dont even know what kosher is

Lol what a post for post 1000! Ok well I guess thats out then...
Here's what it means: Kashrut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher)

For the record they weren't Jewish but they just thought a Kosher menu would be funny/cool. They got a good mark too.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-10-06, 11:40 PM
i kno right, i didnt even think about it when i posted haha, thenright now i was like shit, there went my 1000th post

im goin to bed but ill look into that tomorrow, thanks