: GM part no. for timesert inserts?

Lawrence
02-24-04, 05:10 PM
Anyone have A GM part no. for the FS timesert inserts? Maybe from the TSB?

Thanks Much!

El Dobro
02-24-04, 08:48 PM
I've never seen a GM part # for timeserts. You just buy them from an automotive supplier. There's a kit available specific for Northstar engines. Keep an eye out on eBay too. They pop up now and then.

Logandiagnostic
02-24-04, 08:53 PM
Its not really a GM part. Its considered a tool. Kent Moore provides the tools for GM. 1-800-GMTOOLS.

The Kent Moore catalog shows 2 different kits.

J-42385-500
J-42385-2000

Logan
www.airbagcrash.com
www.logandiagnostic.com

zonie77
02-24-04, 10:01 PM
Are you looking for the inserts themselves? Go direct to timesert and order them. I don't think Caddy stocks them like a part.

http://www.timesert.com/

Just call them and order what you need.

growe3
02-24-04, 10:53 PM
Timesert - #11155
Size - M11x1.5x30mm

Remember, they are no good without the kiAs above get them from Timesert.com

-George

Lawrence
02-25-04, 02:35 AM
Thanks Everyone......... I have the kit and only need the inserts. I'm pretty sure GM had issued a TSB on the timesert thing. I just assumed they would have issued a GM part number, as they usually do in their TSB's. I can get them from timesert but was just hoping to get everything from the dealer.

BTW, I am getting all the gaskets for the engine and they total a little over $400. That at about 30% from list at partszoneonline, which George recommend. Thanks George. No kits available. You have to buy them buy the peice. I had heard the head gaskets were thought expensive but I didn't think so at $45 ea. including the 10 head bolts. But they sure do get you on all the others.

Thanks again,
Lawrence

BeelzeBob
02-25-04, 04:08 PM
Anyone have A GM part no. for the FS timesert inserts? Maybe from the TSB?

Thanks Much!

Make sure you get the specific Northstar head bolt inserts from timesert. The Northstar inserts are much longer than the standard inserts and are absolutely the only ones that will make the repair successfull.