: Goodmorning, Goodday, and Goodnight!!!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:19 PM
This was a thread in anopther site I use to frequent and thought for those of us who check the threads daily this would be a good place to just check in with one another, tell each other anything and get feedback on questions we might have about anything. Or like the threads title Just say hi.

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great day and a better night!

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 12:23 PM
This was a thread in anopther site I use to frequent and thought for those of us who check the threads daily this would be a good place to just check in with one another, tell each other anything and get feedback on questions we might have about anything. Or like the threads title Just say hi.

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great day and a better night!

Were you intending on giving us a link or something!:confused:

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:28 PM
No just using this thread as a "hello gang!" thread. a place to come in and say whats going on whats new. Consider this thread like the phone call home to let mom and dad know how everything is going.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 12:28 PM
Ah I'm familiar with that. This forum I used to belong to (it was a hockey team's:cookoo:) they had a morning thread where they would talk till 12PM then they would go to the afternoon thread till 5 and finally the night thread. It was a bit crazy and hectic.

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:32 PM
well this is all in one I guess. I was on a forum for treo 650's cell phones. Everyone became real familiar with each other and everyone would stop in to say hey or let everyone know they got a new job or are moving or won their championship. Just share their lives with each other to become better friends.
THought I would give it a shot here.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 12:34 PM
No just using this thread as a "hello gang!" thread. a place to come in and say whats going on whats new. Consider this thread like the phone call home to let mom and dad know how everything is going.

Haha hello to my caddy uncles, aunts, and cousins out there! Today sucks at college, I didn't turn in a paper that was due a week ago until last night. My proffessor is gonna kill me! Btw, it looks really pretty out here with all the leaves falling down. Plus I counted 2 caddy's today in the parking lot, a DTS and an Escalade (both black!).

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 12:35 PM
well this is all in one I guess. I was on a forum for treo 650's cell phones. Everyone became real familiar with each other and everyone would stop in to say hey or let everyone know they got a new job or are moving or won their championship. Just share their lives with each other to become better friends.
THought I would give it a shot here.

Its a good idea. Its nice to talk about your day, leaves a person less stressful like myself dealing with college

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:36 PM
see how easy...now when I see your post I have a reference, a college student who likes the fall and doesn't do all the papers they are assigned! LOL! Does the proffessor own a caddy....tell them yours was sick and didnt want to be alone.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 12:41 PM
see how easy...now when I see your post I have a reference, a college student who likes the fall and doesn't do all the papers they are assigned! LOL! Does the proffessor own a caddy....tell them yours was sick and didnt want to be alone.

Sadly I don't think so. I told him I was half jewish that why I couldn't come to class last monday coz of Yom Kippur. I was really in PA with my half jewish bf so does that count? :D Plus I needed the book to do the paper but the book was in my dorm 7 hours away. I didn't get back to my dorm until last night so I sent him a pretty shitey essay about the Calvary Maiden. I'm hoping he doesn't single me out in class today.

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 12:41 PM

I see you're from Ohio. You just missed a wonderful Caddy Ohio Meet in German Village(Columbus) this past weekend.:yup:

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:56 PM
I know I googled the address and got directions and everything but I am a manager at a save-a-lot and the first of the month weekends are impossible to get out of working. I wish I was there. wonder if anyone took pics that they could post?
Was there alot of cars there....

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 01:40 PM
uhhh... I don't want to go to history class
I'd rather go drag racing!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 01:44 PM
Does your major have anything to do with film or photography?

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 01:48 PM
yep digital cinema is my major
I film drag races for my bf
Sadly I need a new camera coz it doesn't catch sound

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 01:55 PM
thats awesome! I love photography and play around with my cameras from time to time. Never took it serious but in college was tolf by a teacher that I could make a career out of it with some education and better equipment. She said I had an eye for finding the right subject in the right settings and lighting.
What type of camera do you have now?

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 02:01 PM
Its an old nikon, I'm hoping to get a video camera for my birthday or I'll snatch my brother's since he doesn't use his

We recently have to make a still photograph video for my class which is of my bf and his sister drag racing, She has his eldo and he has his 83 25th anniversary edition trans am. Its pretty sweet, I'm excited about doing it.

CIWS
10-09-06, 02:04 PM
Must post it here after it's finished :D

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 02:04 PM
Use to go drag racing all the time with my neighbors. They had a 69 Chevelle and a 86 monte SS with a LS6 in crammed in it. The Monte was a beast...looked stock on the outside but open the hood and your jaw would drop if you knew what you were looking at.
There are some pretty cheap video cameras out there now and some stills that have video capability with good quality. I would suggest a Canon or Nikon. I have a rebel SLR and a digital Rebel SLR and a smaller powershot G5. No video cameras but have looked into them off and on lately.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 02:13 PM
Must post it here after it's finished :D

Oh believe me I will! I'm excited about it... just hoping my class mates don't kill me on their critiquing.

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 02:19 PM
photography is art so if they crticize your work too much its just an opinion. keep that in mind. Unless it looks like it was taken with a kodak beau brownie they shouldn't have anything to be critical about. Whats the criteria its graded on?

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 03:11 PM
Not sure we're getting the rubric tomorrow

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 03:36 PM
well hope you get it and its not to extreme. Has the other assignments been rough or open for interpretation?

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 03:39 PM
No this is the first one she's given us

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 03:42 PM
well good luck with it. Any thing you need an opinion on we are always here to help.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 03:48 PM
thank you very much!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 03:50 PM
well I'm off to clear my headlights. I hate the amber reflector in there. Thanks to cardomain and grapewhiteowl for the info on how to make them clear. Hope I bought the right adhesive to put them back together...LOL!

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 03:53 PM
good luck!

gary88
10-09-06, 04:49 PM
I washed my car today, mmm it's so clean. It's really nice outside today, although its supposed to snow a little on thursday from what I hear :banghead: The only bad thing is every time I wash my car, I always notice another small scratch/nick I never noticed before :crying:

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 04:56 PM
Okay got my headlights out, that was the easy part. Now I got to get the nerve up to heat them up and pry them apart to take the amber reflector out. I just know that when i seal them back up they won't be the same. Getting water or moisture in them all the time. I think I need a couple drinks to forget about the consequences.
I hear ya gary I know everytime I wash mine I find something new. And its not a good new....To the naked eye most aren't noticable but I know they are there.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 05:52 PM
I washed my car today, mmm it's so clean. It's really nice outside today, although its supposed to snow a little on thursday from what I hear :banghead: The only bad thing is every time I wash my car, I always notice another small scratch/nick I never noticed before :crying:

WHAT?! Aww man! I don't even have snow boots yet! Grrrr....:bomb:

THANKFULLY I'll be in Pitt on Wednesday

gary88
10-09-06, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah, I went to the DePaul open house yesterday. I reaaaaally like it there, I definatley feel like I belong there. It was at the Lincoln Park campus which is pretty nice. The dorms aren't too bad either.

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah, I went to the DePaul open house yesterday. I reaaaaally like it there, I definatley feel like I belong there. It was at the Lincoln Park campus which is pretty nice. The dorms aren't too bad either.

Yeah I saw a lot of groups walking around yesterday. Did you get to see Clifton-Fullerton? Coz that where I live!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 07:26 PM
well guys and gals, its been a long day and time to unwind a bit. The headlights will wait till tomorrow.....
Plus Heros comes on in a couple hours. I've got some things to do before then.
See you all in the A.M. unless i can't sleep..then I'll see you in a few hours....

CadillacGurl
10-09-06, 11:52 PM
uhhh shitty day, I failed my paper and all I wanna do is have bagel and cream cheese... sadly the cafe is closed so I can't fulfill my craving... and cadillacetc just fell asleep on me

davesdeville
10-10-06, 06:34 AM
uhhh... I don't want to go to history class
I'd rather go drag racing!

If my girlfriend said that I might propose on the spot. :D

Jesda
10-10-06, 07:11 AM
The new 7-Up is very tasty.

xxpinballxx
10-10-06, 09:57 AM
My wife tries to like anything I like. God bless her but she never seems to get whats the likable aspects are. but she tries. She'll pretend to be into it until she gets excited about something that is really nothing then I realize she is just humoring me.

CadillacGurl
10-10-06, 12:51 PM
My wife tries to like anything I like. God bless her but she never seems to get whats the likable aspects are. but she tries. She'll pretend to be into it until she gets excited about something that is really nothing then I realize she is just humoring me.

Yes I know the feeling. I try not to do that coz thats really not me. I like to learn about cars, mainly Caddys since thats all CaddyETC talks about. I know the tools and stuff since I'm normally the one with him helping modding his ETC or fixing whatever needs fixed.

As for Davesdeville saying proposing to the girl on the spot who likes drag racing, CaddyETC says I'm the one so I'm happy about that. It will be 2 years in December hooray! It just sucks that I'm here in Chi-town and he's back in PA. Depressing love story lol. I miss drag racing... and the sweet ace cars that come there! I like drag racing, personally when I'm in the car not spectating (I hate drag strips where you're not allowed to have a passenger, pisses me off and I miss good drag footage!)

Jesda, there's a new 7-UP? Good I'm deprived from this information at college!

Rey Rey 650
10-10-06, 02:19 PM
Im anxiously waiting to hear from ICE(Immigration Custom Enforcement) My buddy got her results on Saturday(didnt pass the test) but I havent heard anything yet....No news is good news? We'll see

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 12:56 AM
good luck rey rey and thats a sweet as hell CTS!!! I love it! My brother is border patrol. Just graduated in july should be taking his three month re-examination shortly.

CadillacGurl
10-11-06, 02:20 AM
I'm still up at this ungodly hour... doing evil homework...
uhhh I'm almost done
then after that I have to get all my stuff together to study for my midterms... choke me now por favor!

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 10:40 AM
Si senora. para Yo no le puedo alcanzar

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 12:05 PM
Well I just got the phone call I have to leave for St. Louis on the 22nd. Its advanced Managers training. Its a good sign but not really looking forward to it.
Heard its just a drunkfest. The hotel has a TGIFridays in it and you can go there anytime and eat and drink on the company. Hate being away from my store for 2 days in arow much less a week. I'll come back and everything will be different.

Although out of 100 some managers in our Ohio division only two of us are going. hope they have free internet in the hotel....

CadillacGurl
10-11-06, 12:44 PM
^Sounds like fun. I'm going on another plane ride back to Pitt yey!

TagApl4
10-11-06, 12:48 PM
I'm still up at this ungodly hour... doing evil homework...
uhhh I'm almost done
then after that I have to get all my stuff together to study for my midterms... choke me now por favor!

Oh it feels good to have graduated. but this job search is a mofo. I have a good one (for now), but i am pursuing one with another company that will basically let me be a day trader :cloud9: Cross your fingers, pray, think pos thought; do whatever u do to make shit happen in your life for me too.

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 12:50 PM
cool! Good luck to you! I always thought day trading would be a great skill to have. Especially once you make yourself a little bit of money. Work when you want and how often you want.

CadillacGurl
10-11-06, 03:25 PM
Oh it feels good to have graduated. but this job search is a mofo. I have a good one (for now), but i am pursuing one with another company that will basically let me be a day trader :cloud9: Cross your fingers, pray, think pos thought; do whatever u do to make shit happen in your life for me too.

Lucky duck! Good luck with that I'll keep my fingers crosses for you!

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 06:12 PM
well finally a day off of work. Left today at 4 and not going back till saturday. THe kick in the ass is its snowing off and on here. I thought I might get a chance to really do a good cleaning of my DeVille. Really irritating!

CadillacGurl
10-12-06, 06:21 PM
im dead beat from work and i smell like chicken

CadillacGurl
10-12-06, 06:24 PM
prime rib tonight hell yes!!!
*happy dance*

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 06:28 PM
You are a dead beat that smells like chicken? What does ETC see in you...LOL! Just kidding! Prime Rib sounds good!!!!!

CadillacGurl
10-12-06, 06:32 PM
I work in the Hot Foods department of a grocery store and I fry chicken all day... He likes chicken thats why haha nah theres other stuff he sees in me. Prime Rib is my favorite meal, second is filet ETC's fam makes it for me when I come in. Its a nice gesture.

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 06:35 PM
Very nice....love grocery store fried chicken. I need me one of those industrial fryers. They fry foods at a much higher temp than home deep fryers. WHat the temp on yours at work.....
Hey it shows the family likes you......My wifes mother always make a point to make me lasagna when she knows we are going over there. THe funny thing is she doesn't say hey I made you lasagna she makes it out as if it was left overs and asks if we want some or to take some home. Even if I say I am going to stop over to fix her computer or something simple and short notice she always has it.

CadillacGurl
10-12-06, 06:48 PM
I want to say our frter is above 400 but I'll check on saturday for sure.
Yeah its a good thing. Whenever I'm spending the week at his house, his sister and I make cookies, its our mini tradition. He thinks my family doesnt like him. My sister doesn't coz well my sister hates all my bf's. My brother doesnt have a problem neither do my parents. He's just gets very nervous, he likes to impress people, especially my parents.

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 06:54 PM
I'm a supporting member....officially!!!!!!!!!!!

Rey Rey 650
10-12-06, 07:02 PM
Dude! What the hell is up with that avatar? lol

Congrats on being a supporting member! That reminds me, I need to sign up for another 3 months!

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 07:09 PM
its is of a marionette I seen in a window at the Venetian shops! I snapped it walking by...loved it! Think its hilarious! we were there for our wedding back in July. She thought I was stupid for going crazy over this think. I was actually going to buy it but the shop was closed and she wouldn't go back to the shops.

Rey Rey 650
10-12-06, 07:11 PM
its is of a marionette I seen in a window at the Venetian shops! I snapped it walking by...loved it! Think its hilarious! we were there for our wedding back in July. She thought I was stupid for going crazy over this think. I was actually going to buy it but the shop was closed and she wouldn't go back to the shops.

Very Nice.....haha

Well folks! Im off in 3 minutes (4pm) and will start my other job at 5.... See you guys tomorrow!

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 07:13 PM
late!

CadillacGurl
10-12-06, 07:31 PM
Haha that puppet is quite amusing... he looks like somebody.... hehe he's got monkey ears! (or dumbo)