: How do you change fog light bulbs?

2000ForrestGrnCatty
10-09-06, 12:20 AM
Need to change the left side bulb in my fog light on my Catera. The cornering light and fog light are made in the assembly. I checked the bulb of the cornering light and it appears to be ok, however its not working. Where is the fuse located for them since my car has no manual. Thx for the help.

Warez
10-09-06, 01:28 AM
Are both cornering and fog-lights out on both sides?

2000ForrestGrnCatty
10-11-06, 03:47 PM
Are both cornering and fog-lights out on both sides? Thx for the reply. No, just the driver's side. The passenger side works perfect. I got under the car and took off the rubber protecter and still didnt see where you disconnect the bulb at. Any advice would be appreciated.

Warez
10-11-06, 08:02 PM
If both bulbs look fine, switch them to the side that works to confirm if the problem is indeed the bulbs and not some other issue.

The fog light bulbs are H3, you need to retract the metal retention clip in the housing and then disconnect the single wire that leads from the bulb.

http://www.leisure-electrics.co.uk/acatalog/B50385T.JPG

Very difficult to do without raising the car.

uRabbit
10-13-06, 03:29 PM
I just changed my Cat's fog lights. It's quite simple. All you need is:
1) car jack (check your trunk)
1) H3 replacement bulb
1) pair of needle-nose plyers

Jack it up and, if you want, place some sturdy object under it in case the jack fails while you're under the car.
Get under, pull off the rubber boot. The bulb is held in by a couple clamps. Loosen those, stick the new one is, and you should be good to go.
Sorry if this isn't detailed enough, but it all just seemed to flow when I did it...

2000ForrestGrnCatty
10-14-06, 12:50 AM
Thx for the reply

bacardi
08-01-09, 07:24 PM
Bump back from the dead. I found it very easy to do without lifting, yet I'm sure it would of been easier if it was lifted. Took me maybe 3mins for the 1st and under a min for the second one.

Pull down black boot...
Squeeze clip; bulb will drop down...Pay attention to how the bulb is oriented...
remove pigtail plastic jacket...
Pull bulb pigtail...
Do the same in reserve...

R-Caddy
08-02-09, 04:54 PM
I just lay on the ground and do it. Enough room for me :)

Matera97
08-08-09, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I need to get a little fancy, the side mounting holes are broke on mine, really hard to get on without em. Taking the hole front bumper of and duct tapin them in....lol... Red Green eat your heart out!

elvin315
08-10-09, 07:46 PM
I just lay on the ground and do it. Enough room for me :)

Climb the curb, one side at a time, to get more clearance without jacking. Both wheels, F & R, so you don't twist the frame. Probably won't hurt anything but that's the way I do it.