: Oops

ShadowLvr400
10-08-06, 11:20 PM
Anyone up in Oregon want a 73 Lincoln? I might have won one on Ebay without meaning/expecting to. My girl is mad at me now. I shouldn't have said anything.

ShadowLvr400
10-08-06, 11:50 PM
Whew

Jesda
10-09-06, 07:16 AM
LOL, an accidental Lincoln? Drinking too much at the keyboard?

caddydaddy
10-09-06, 08:34 AM
LOL, keep it! Any pics?

dp102288
10-09-06, 09:15 AM
Drunk ebaying?

Stoney, you ever try that? :p

Frost
10-09-06, 09:41 AM
I used to know a guy who would, while in an over-refreshed state, order up anything and everything off the infomercial channels. This would usually happen between the hours of 1:00am to, say, around 3:30 in the morning.

Of course, he would only realize the extent of his Credit-Card-Commando-ing when the garbage would start arriving at his door or in the case of the larger abominations, at the postal pick up station.

You name it: "Chef Tony's anything",,"Tooth Whitening Miracle Inventions", "Trick Magical Coloured Wax", that guaranteed to hide any scratch or gouge or faded paint, even hide that $4,000 dent and ding number you did to the car last week, "Bow-Flex", "Tony's Gazelle Thingy", the incidents went on and on and on.

Until he reached the limit of his card and they started refusing to process his transactions.

Over-refreshed? Had a few too many of the hair of the old dog that bit you? One drink over the limit of Attila the Hun? Then have someone take the remote and the telephone out of your cognizant reach!

ShadowLvr400
10-09-06, 11:41 AM
I wasn't drunk, I've just been jokingly bidding on Mark IV's. At $500 it's a steal, but 1200 or so to ship it here from Oregon. I need to shop more locally.

Spyder
10-09-06, 01:12 PM
Hell, I just came home from a week in Oregon. Shoulda bought it before I left, I'da driven it home!

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 01:58 PM
....and never been heard from again.......LOL!

ShadowLvr400
10-09-06, 02:49 PM
Spyder... the car is 33... Asking a 3200 mile drive from it is an awful lot.

Spyder
10-09-06, 04:10 PM
No way its 3200 miles...the north eastern part of Oregon I just came from is only 640 miles away...Seattle is only 11 hours, Pendleton the same.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about how freaking awesome these cheapy cars are at making it across the country? How many five hundred dollar cars have been driven ridiculous amounts of miles on road trips and such? I guarantee if it had decent compression and no spun bearings I would be able to nurse it back here with a bag of tools, a big rock and a couple of rolls of duct tape. :) If not, it'd be a helluva story in a few years when I forget how crappy it was. :):):)

Hell, my old '68 Sport Fury I drove the hell out of it for 15,000 miles without ONCE ever fixing anything. At all. Bought it for three hundred bucks and I drove the holy hell out of it. Put new tires on the rear about every three weeks. :) Used tires of course, but you know... ... ...hard to resist when you've got Ma Mopar and a big block under the hood!

ShadowLvr400
10-09-06, 04:38 PM
Oregon to Forida. Across the country.

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 05:03 PM
I once drove a 73 datsun pickup from AZ. to VA. the truck when I started had 321K miles approximately. Other than terrible gas milage and very poor alignment the thing made it. Granted I had to pull over alot and let it cool down while still in the southwest but Made it none the less and ran for another year and a half around town before seizing up on my uncle. I thought that trip would never end...no radio A/C passenger window wouldn't go down springs poking out of the seats. It was a nightmare of a color too like a grass green with tan vinyl interior! A real looker......

Benzilla
10-09-06, 05:07 PM
no pics?

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 05:13 PM
of my uncles datsun? I'll try and find some...this thing would curdle milk right in the jug! it was ugly.....but ran like its life depended on it
http://a.im.craigslist.org/HL/U8/ePOmmboL1Kqk46spFTFks8GfRNoL.jpg
http://d.im.craigslist.org/Gm/UX/cHTWvH3fOdG3o2a1gEvlExfcVev0.jpg
found these pics of exact same pickup but only in alot better shape...
imagine rust as a second color and interior wrecked..

Benzilla
10-09-06, 06:04 PM
Thanks for that, but I was actually asking about the lincoln. :)

my dad used to have a chevy luv in the same color as that.

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 06:06 PM
figured you were asking bout the lincoln but didn't want to seem rude....lol