: Ortiz vs. Shamrock 3 - The Final Chapter

kali_cts03
10-08-06, 10:33 PM
Anybody into UFC stuff, don't forget Ortiz vs. Shamrock show is on this coming Tuesday on Spike!!!! Should be a blood bath, the way these 2 guys hate each others guts!!! :eek:

And the show is free, so everyone can enjoy it without spending any money on watching the fight!!! :alchi:

Anyways, in case people forgot or whatever, figured I post and remind everyone!!!

:kick: :hitstick: :Poke: :thepan:

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 09:32 AM
Ortiz will drop Ken like a bad habit. He'll submit him in the first five minutes. Shamrock was in this back in the gracie days so he may still look in shape but age plays a huge part. I've been into MMA since I was 12 and took my first Tai kwan do class and since have seen every UFC there is.

dp102288
10-09-06, 09:35 AM
Oooh. TV thread.

I will be watching Nip/Tuck on Tuesday at 10 pm. When is the killing?

Adam
10-09-06, 10:07 AM
ORTIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for that fight. we are having another party for that one.

CIWS
10-09-06, 10:09 AM
Dang I remember watching Shamrock YEARS ago before the UFC and he was just a Shoot Fighter in Japan. :D

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 10:11 AM
I use to have UFC parties too. It always turned into a brawl in the yard. I have a bunch og guys that all have taken something or another and try proving they are better than everyone else. Plus alcohol turns a guy who watched Kung Fu into Don "the Dragon" Wilson!

Lord Cadillac
10-09-06, 11:11 AM
I used to watch these fights in the mid 90s.. I took mixed martial arts for a long time and I always wanted to be in the UFC. Fortunately, it was physically impossible for me to compete without getting surgery on both shoulders. All in all, I think it's a pretty bad way to make a living.. But it's interesting as hell for us people who watch it.. My alarm is set for Tuesday night...

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 11:23 AM
Cadillac what type of MMA were you into?
Shoulder troubles huh? Rotator cuff?

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 01:16 PM
Not sure if you guys know but today untill (PM is the ultimate fighter marathon leading up to the all access preview for shamrock/ortiz III

Slywun
10-09-06, 11:20 PM
Big UFC fan, although I'm not a fan of either fighter. However I still wouldn't miss it - Ortiz will surely win.

I'm really looking forward to Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva In November.

Rolex
10-09-06, 11:57 PM
I haven't had a UFC party in awhile because there hasn't been a really big ticket fight since Liddell v Coture or Silvia v Arlovski. Thanks for the notice, the DVR is set. :D

ETA: I haven't always been a big fan of Ortiz, but his attitude on the last Ultimate Fighter showed him to be a stand up guy who actually gave a damn about the fighters he was training. That's more than Shamrock could say. Shamrock is no punk, but he won't last one round with Ortiz.

xxpinballxx
10-10-06, 12:14 AM
I agree ROlex ortiz either put up a great front on the last TUF or he is truly a good guy when it comes to teaching and training fighters. Not only the fighting points but the sportsmenship and everything that goes with it. I was really shocked at his maturity and shamrocks lack of concern for the fighters.

kali_cts03
10-10-06, 12:36 AM
I think I only to see one of the shows when they were on Ultimate Fighter.... and haven't seen anything since.... but from what I hear they really have it in for each other..... should be a good one!!! :yup:

CIWS
10-10-06, 09:10 AM
Looks like it starts at 7:00pm CST, That's right at the breaking of the fast so it will be Pizza and UFC tonight :D (too bad no beer right now though:( )

xxpinballxx
10-10-06, 10:07 AM
I have to record it...working 2 till midnight today. I gotta learn to check the TV schedule before doing the work schedule!

Spyder
10-10-06, 12:33 PM
Huh...I always didn't like Ortiz because he seemed like a punk...but I've never seen that there show ya'll have mentioned. I just based that on what I've seen in some of the older fights and what he said and did before and during them. But then again, that's what you're supposed to do is talk crap and get all worked up about it, so who knows. I would like Shamrock to win, but don't think he will. I DID love watching the Cotour v. Ortiz fight (Or is that just in my mind and I'm remembering things that didn't happen?!) where Ortiz got the crap beat out of him.

Rolex
10-10-06, 12:39 PM
Huh...I always didn't like Ortiz because he seemed like a punk...but I've never seen that there show ya'll have mentioned. I just based that on what I've seen in some of the older fights and what he said and did before and during them. But then again, that's what you're supposed to do is talk crap and get all worked up about it, so who knows. I would like Shamrock to win, but don't think he will. I DID love watching the Cotour v. Ortiz fight (Or is that just in my mind and I'm remembering things that didn't happen?!) where Ortiz got the crap beat out of him.

Liddell put a beat down on Ortiz not too long ago. Ortiz has already said after he beats Shamrock the third time he wants another shot at Liddell and the title. That will be a fight worth throwing a party for IMO.

Slywun
10-10-06, 07:54 PM
Ok, so I'm getting amp'd up for this fight tonight. And just wanted to spew some comments from the peanut gallery.

Any respect I had for Shamrock I lost after I saw him on the Ultimate fighter. He didn't do anything to coach or develop anyone on his team, and they were basically left to their own resources to train and prepare. Not sure if anyone remembers the tap-out he did in UFC 1 vs Joyce Gracie, that the referee didn't see and Shamrock tried to play off, but I think that is consistent with the type of person he truly is....

I lost a lot of respect from Tito after he dodged Liddell for the belt, although I did gain some respect for Tito after the watching the Ultimate fighter show.

All Shamrock (or anyone) needs to do to beat Tito, is have a decent take down defense. Shamrock doesn't, and doesn't think anyone can teach him anything that he doesn't already know.

Tito has great conditioning, great ground and pound, but is getting a little 'old school' too. Patrick Cote, rocked Tito in his debut fight in the octagon. Forrest Griffin beat Tito 2 out of 3 rounds because of Forrest's take down defense and made Tito look foolish - even though the decision went to Tito.

Tito may be a great coach, but his best fighting days are behind him.....

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 01:01 AM
I agree but still think he takes shamrock. Im saying this after the fight but I didn't see it so don't tell me what happened. I agree with most of your comments. Especially about Ken.
I Think griffin and Floria are two guys too look out for.
speaking of old school who remembers Tank Abbott? That guy was best friends with my cousin. They rode together back in the day and my cousin has stories on top of stories about that guy!

CIWS
10-11-06, 06:29 AM
I recorded it for those who didn't get to see it. You can find that here. (might want to right click - save as to prevent and streaming issues)

http://www.ciws.net/ufc101006.wmv

Tank Abbott was a brute :D

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 10:31 AM
That fight went just as expected except the part where Ken tried shooting and taking tito to the ground right at the beginning. I didn't see that coming. When Tito got those couple uppercuts in between Shamrocks arms it was all over.

Lord Cadillac
10-11-06, 10:56 AM
Cadillac what type of MMA were you into?
Shoulder troubles huh? Rotator cuff?

I did Tae Kwon Do (developed my kicks), Wing Chun Kung Fu, Pencak Silot (which I sucked at), Muay Thai Kickboxing, Western Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Shoot Wrestling (which I also both sucked at) and Jeet Kune Do. I trained 6 nights a week for several years and rarely ever missed a class. It was a very fun time in my life...

I remember Tito's first UFC fight after he'd been training with Tank Abbott... He came out with his hands up and out just like Tank and did great as a striker..

Let's hear some Tank stories. :D

Now I think Frank Shamrock would have been much more competitive with Tito Ortiz in his prime...

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 11:06 AM
Well the story that sticks out in my head is where they were headed to a party or something in California back in the early 80's I think my cousin said they were 18 and 22. My cousin was older. They pulled up to a drive through before hand and a guy was checking his food in front of them. Then the guy started talking so tank I guess reached over and layed on the horn. The driver yelled something out of the window and flicked them. Tank got out of the passenger side of the car went up to the other cars passenger side. Opened the door knocked the guy in the head hit the gas pedal launching the car towards the curb out of their way then got the guys food. Then they pulled up paid and drove off. I guess tank told it different but thats what my cousin remembered.

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Cadillac;830234]I did Tae Kwon Do (developed my kicks), Wing Chun Kung Fu, Pencak Silot (which I sucked at), Muay Thai Kickboxing, Western Boxing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Shoot Wrestling (which I also both sucked at) and Jeet Kune Do. I trained 6 nights a week for several years and rarely ever missed a class. It was a very fun time in my life...

/QUOTE]

I dabbled in Tae Kwon Do jeet Kun do and akito. Took Muay thai boxing from the age of 22 till 26 and experimented with Chin Na. If you haven't ever heard of that or tried it I would suggest it highly. Very effective and passsive. More so than any I have seen except for Run Li Kell!

BCs71
10-11-06, 06:21 PM
Tito has great conditioning, great ground and pound, but is getting a little 'old school' too. Patrick Cote, rocked Tito in his debut fight in the octagon. Forrest Griffin beat Tito 2 out of 3 rounds because of Forrest's take down defense and made Tito look foolish - even though the decision went to Tito.

Tito may be a great coach, but his best fighting days are behind him.....

I agree, Tito's best days are starting to fade maybe.

But did you see the way he picked up SHamrock in last night's fight? :suspense: Tito seems incredibly strong -- if someone sprawls to avoid Tito's takedown, then Tito has the ability to pick their arse off the ground and slam him.
He's still pretty darn good.

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 12:41 AM
yeah as long as they are shorter than he is....if silvia went to take him down I doubt it would have been that easy for tito to lift him.

Slywun
10-12-06, 04:16 PM
Liddell's got the best take down defense in the sport....it will be another beating in December. Provided Chuck get's by Silva.

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 05:09 PM
chuck liddell is a beast. He was out in Vegas at Hart and Huntington tattoo shop in the palms. Tony hawk and Jason ellis were there doing a tv spot and he walked in. They were drinking all day and Jason Ellis told CHuck to hit him in the arm. After Ellis readied himself liddell threw him a quick shot that sent ellis back about 5 feet and to the ground. The rest of the day Ellis couldn't move his arm and it swelled up like a watermelon. The next day he was black and blue from his shoulder to his elbow all the way around! It was amazing....the shot was so quick but at the same time so powerful

xxpinballxx
10-12-06, 10:35 PM
tonight is the semi-finals on UFC The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV. Should be good a couple matches that are well past due.....