: Brian Vickers must die!

CVP33
10-08-06, 08:20 PM
The title says it all. I was planning on bringing my 3 favorite hats to work tomorrow and laying them all on my desk:

1997 UofM National Championship Hat
Detroit Tigers Hat
Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Daytona Victory Hat

Vickers needs a beer bottle to da' head. :want:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-08-06, 08:33 PM
DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

I now hate him more than any driver in nascar !!!

Florian
10-08-06, 08:52 PM
I dont get nascar.....never have, never will.

F

DILLIGAF
10-08-06, 08:56 PM
Jr got hosed,Vickers is unemployed in 6 races anyway.

CVP33
10-08-06, 09:09 PM

F

I love all forms of racing. However if I had to throw one away it would be drag racing. That's the one I don't get. In person though, watching Top Fuel is a riot. Chest thumping, eyes watering, black specks of tire all over your clothes and face. Then they launch and it's just amazing.

Elvis
10-08-06, 09:46 PM
Dude, you need to focus on the Lions. They're now the only sporting organization in the entire state of Michigan that sucks.

CVP33
10-08-06, 09:55 PM
There's something to be said for a perfect (0-5) record. That would be........

YOU'RE FIRED!

Enough already. They've been rebuilding since Billy Sims left. :rolleyes: Make you wish for the Michigan Panthers back. At least they won the USFL Championship!

dp102288
10-09-06, 09:44 AM
There's something to be said for a perfect (0-5) record. That would be........

YOU'RE FIRED!

Hey!! That looks like my babe scoring record! :banghead:

Elvis
10-09-06, 10:04 AM
Well, now, it's not quite THAT bad. They did reach the NFC championship with Barry.

I've noticed how sometimes when a city gets a championship in one sport it carries over to the others. Maybe the Fords will get serious now that they see all the money that's been pumped into hockey, basketball, and now baseball.

Detroit CRAVES success in football. Just because all the fun is in Ann Arbor doesn't mean that people won't spend as much on Sunday as they did on Saturday.

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 11:53 AM
Couple of weeks ago Vickers held up his team mate Jeff Gordon. Sunday he wipes out his other team mate Jimmie Johnson. Next week it will be Kyle Bush. The boy doesn't have the talent or the ability to make good decisions.

He's no longer allowed to attend any of the Hendrick meetings. He needs an air wrench applied to his nuts!!

NASCAR America's number one spectator sport. Baseball & Football aren't even close.:stirpot:

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 11:56 AM
air wrench to the nuts huh? THats a visual I didn't need but at least you didn't say air chisel!

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 12:43 PM
I can't wait to see Vickers sink tryin' to race a toyota in NASCAR. That will be his hell to pay!!:lildevil:

Adam
10-09-06, 01:09 PM

F

:yeah:

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 01:29 PM
:yeah:

Lowlow,
I know better!! See you at Bristol??:D
:lies:
Vickers should be on the SpeedChannel on SpeedTV tonite at 8:00pm Ohio time. I wanna see him bullsh!t he has to say!:mad2:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-09-06, 08:22 PM
hes going to toyota ???

good my most hated driver will be in the car i hate most , a freakin camry !!!

RobertCTS
10-09-06, 09:21 PM
hes going to toyota ???

good my most hated driver will be in the car i hate most , a freakin camry !!!

Brian & Toyota are dooomed along with Michael Waltrip's Jap team!!:yup:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-09-06, 10:32 PM
i hope my boy robbie gordon cleans his clock !!!!

DILLIGAF
10-09-06, 10:33 PM
I hate these guys coming to Nascar,whos next MB?Almost all these guys have pulled out of the IRL to jump on the Nascar band wagon.At alot of these speedways you must buy all tickets to all races,Nascar,Busch,IRL,Craftman truck series and Arca Remax races.You end up eating half of your tickets.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-09-06, 10:41 PM
Thats what sucks ....Theres gonna be nothing left for the IRL and guys like me who know more about the starting field for the 1991 indy 500 then the starting feild for last weekends nascar race ...

DILLIGAF
10-09-06, 10:49 PM
We got lucky here on the IRL race,used to be in July,now they have moved it up to April.Nothing sucks worse than 130 degree heat in the stands.I'll go for sure next year.Those guys are crazy,nothing like a 200mph wall slap.

RobertCTS
10-10-06, 02:17 PM
Juan Montoya just let the Open wheels for NASCAR. He'll get some training in the ARCA series. It's all about the $$$:)

CVP33
10-10-06, 07:08 PM
I hope all you guys that wished Brian Vickers ill are happy. He was pronounced dead today at 1:30pm. This happened during testing at Virginia Internation Raceway's road course. Another car passed him in his Leman's prototype as he was hot lapping. Careful what you wish on others. :(

CVP33
10-10-06, 07:12 PM
The accident was caused by a black sedan, witnesses said it appeared to be a modified 300C SRT-8. The driver of the SRT-8 was actually passing the prototype at over 170mph on the straightaway when he made a quick turn to the right spinning Brian Vicker's car into the wall. The novice driver was heard to say:

"Listen it's just racing. He was slower and knew I wanted to pass. Then when I had position, he turned down into me."

The accident is under investigation. And for the record, they'll NEVER take me alive! :lildevil:

RobertCTS
10-10-06, 08:45 PM
I hope all you guys that wished Brian Vickers ill are happy. He was pronounced dead today at 1:30pm. This happened during testing at Virginia Internation Raceway's road course. Another car passed him in his Leman's prototype as he was hot lapping. Careful what you wish on others. :(

:lies: :nono:

CVP33
10-10-06, 10:11 PM
I, uh, er........:canttalk:

dp102288
10-11-06, 11:12 AM
:confused: Huh? Is he really dead?

Dadillac
10-11-06, 02:12 PM
:confused: Huh? Is he really dead?

No he didn't die. But back to the main topic. I was in shock when I saw it happen. If you look close, Vickers had Johnson's rearend jacked up before Jimmy pulled out. Then he hit the right quarter panel when he pulled out. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. Someone in NASCAR, I think Chad Knaus, ssid about Vickers, that he has a ton of talent, but not enough brains to know how to use it, or something to that effect. Makes sense. But, through most of the garage, you will see more support for Vickers, than dismay. Booty Barker congratulated him on national tv. Also said he shouldn't apologize as much as he was doing. Look back several years at everybodys favorite driver, Mr Earnhardt, and see what wreckage he left behind. And most of what he did wasn't accidental. Now that he is gone, nobody wants to say anything bad about him or how he raced. Why is it okay for a NASCAR legend to drive that way, and not one of it's rising stars?

Don

RobertCTS
10-11-06, 04:51 PM
I don't think the #3 could race today the way he use to. NASCAR really has their thumbs on things. What Vickers did is OK but under the condtions it was a poor choice for him. It could have been avoided. He virtually knocked two contenders out of the chase. Even Gordon feels his position is doom and gloom at this point. I'm glad Vickers was demoted to a friggin' Camry for '07!!

Dadillac
10-11-06, 08:31 PM
Gordon has his head up his ass. I can only imagine that he has a personal issue with both Vickers and Kyle Busch. His radio conversations with the crew pretty much show that he has zero respect for either one of them. I guess he forgets what it was like being the new guy. Jeff Gordon, Mr. Franchise. From what I see every week, NASCAR hasn't really changed that much. Sure they hand out some fines now and again. But, after what Carl Edwards (I like Carl by the way) did to Jr. after the race, and spinning Stewart on pit road, he should have been suspended. But he only got fines and probation. Doing a deed on the track while racing, and doing it on pit road, is two different things. He put the race crews lives in jeopardy. It amazes me how NASCAR waits for the horrific things to happen, before doing anything about it. But anyway, Earnhardt Sr. would be fitting in very well with today's NASCAR. And for the record, I applaud Vickers. He could have done what all of the other drivers would have done, and blamed Jimmy. But he took it on the chin, and think he did a good job of it.

Don

RobertCTS
10-11-06, 09:10 PM
Gordon has his head up his ass. I can only imagine that he has a personal issue with both Vickers and Kyle Busch. His radio conversations with the crew pretty much show that he has zero respect for either one of them. I guess he forgets what it was like being the new guy. Jeff Gordon, Mr. Franchise. From what I see every week, NASCAR hasn't really changed that much. Sure they hand out some fines now and again. But, after what Carl Edwards (I like Carl by the way) did to Jr. after the race, and spinning Stewart on pit road, he should have been suspended. But he only got fines and probation. Doing a deed on the track while racing, and doing it on pit road, is two different things. He put the race crews lives in jeopardy. It amazes me how NASCAR waits for the horrific things to happen, before doing anything about it. But anyway, Earnhardt Sr. would be fitting in very well with today's NASCAR. And for the record, I applaud Vickers. He could have done what all of the other drivers would have done, and blamed Jimmy. But he took it on the chin, and think he did a good job of it.

Don

Don,
Point of this thread is Vickers Sucks!!! You are in the minority pal. Did you see him in the winners circles with all the BOO Birds?

Dadillac
10-12-06, 09:18 AM
Don,
Point of this thread is Vickers Sucks!!! You are in the minority pal. Did you see him in the winners circles with all the BOO Birds?

I am in no way a Brian Vickers fan. My driver is Smoke. But truth be told, all of the drivers in all of the elite series, are the best in the world. Noone, that includes Vickers, gets to the top level, without being champion quality. Do I think he dumped Johnson intentially? No way. Would this incident be getting this much press if it happened on lap 10? No way. How about if it was Sadler leading, with Nemechek running second? Would hardly be an issue. Brian will learn through experience that patience will reward him. Right now he is a young guy trying to impress the world. And as far as the Boo Birds. Every driver has a fan base. When something bad happens to your driver, you want to boo the offender. That is normal. After being a lifelong NASCAR fan, I don't take things so seriously anymore. Ultimately it doesn't even matter.

GO HARVICK!!

Don

RobertCTS
10-12-06, 09:42 AM
I am in no way a Brian Vickers fan. My driver is Smoke. But truth be told, all of the drivers in all of the elite series, are the best in the world. Noone, that includes Vickers, gets to the top level, without being champion quality. Do I think he dumped Johnson intentially? No way. Would this incident be getting this much press if it happened on lap 10? No way. How about if it was Sadler leading, with Nemechek running second? Would hardly be an issue. Brian will learn through experience that patience will reward him. Right now he is a young guy trying to impress the world. And as far as the Boo Birds. Every driver has a fan base. When something bad happens to your driver, you want to boo the offender. That is normal. After being a lifelong NASCAR fan, I don't take things so seriously anymore. Ultimately it doesn't even matter.

GO HARVICK!!

Don

Harvick is strickly a Busch Racer!!:stirpot: :lildevil:

RobertCTS
10-12-06, 12:02 PM
Interesting story in NASCAR.com regarding the Vickers Victory.

NASCAR.COM - 25 crew chief unable to enjoy moment of victory - Oct 12, 2006 (http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/opinion/10/12/bvickers.lmcgrew.smith/index.html)

Elvis
10-12-06, 12:19 PM
Jeff Gordon RULES.

Even if he loses, he wins, because he gets to go home to this:

RobertCTS
10-12-06, 12:22 PM
Jeff Gordon RULES.

Even if he loses, he wins, because he gets to go home to this:

Ohh my! Is that who he's engaged too? Big pre-nups I'm sure. Brooke really raped Jeff for the $$$!!

Elvis
10-12-06, 12:23 PM
Big pre-nups I'm sure.

I don't know. I haven't seen her naked.

RobertCTS
10-12-06, 01:04 PM
I root for the Hendrick Boys. Jimmie is at the top of my list. Vicker's ended his chances. Jimmie and Jeff are in Dire straights for the championship.:mad2:

P-Funk
10-12-06, 02:00 PM
I root for the Hendrick Boys. Jimmie is at the top of my list. Vicker's ended his chances. Jimmie and Jeff are in Dire straights for the championship.:mad2:

Yep. The Hendrick boys then Gibbs and RCR. Rouch drivers can just drive off a cliff for all I care.

Jesda
10-13-06, 12:49 AM
Yeah, but what about Brian Peppers?