: Hello from a 1st time Caddy Owner

RockinV
10-08-06, 02:24 PM
Hello Everyone...
This is not only my first time to own a Cadillac, but also my first time ever registering on a discussion board. So if I make any etiquette mistakes :tisk: ...please forgive me.
Little about me…I’ll be 40years old (on Halloween), I am retired from the USAF (20 years as a Jet Eng Mech/Flight Engineer) I currently live in northern California, but may soon be movin to Hawaii.
I just got a 2005 CTSV from a guy in Arizona for an awesome price (couldn't pass it up)..And I have to say I am truly impressed:thumbsup: ! I pretty much have always owed "Muscle Cars", but for the last 10 months I was down to a commuter car (1999sunfire):bigroll: for my main transportation. I can't tell you how good it feels to have some power in my grip once again.:highfive:
The only Mods on the car are 20” Boss Wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 Nitto NT555 rubber, a Magnaflow Free Flow Exhaust, a K&N Airfilter, and a Slip Shift Eliminator.
I have many many things I want to do though…and this board just fuels that!:alchi:
I really don’t like the Bass response I get from the Bose system, the sound is great just needs more thump:bouncy: ! So that is close to the top of my list….I don’t like the noise I get when pushing in the clutch at low speeds going from 1st to 2nd gear, but I see there is a fix out there for that. Probably next in line is a cure for the wheel hop that seems to be another characteristic of this car. But even with this wishlist…this car is still the best car I have ever owned.:thumbsup:
I look forward to getting ideas, finding fixes and sharing whatever I can with all of you. John

urbanski
10-08-06, 02:30 PM
howdy! :)
say hi up in the V forum and post some pics!
browse the V FAQ as well Cadillac CTS / CTS-V and STS / STS-V Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (http://www.cadillacfaq.com)
alot of things on your "wish list" are thoroughly discussed.
:cool:

RockinV
10-08-06, 02:37 PM
Sorry I can't load up pictures on this board as of yet but here is a link to a online photo album with some pics:)

Yahoo! Photos - iluvldw's Photos - 05 CTSv Slideshow (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/iluvldw/slideshow?.dir=/19eascd&.src=ph)