: Removing the engine from my Roadmaster.

pimpin88
10-08-06, 07:44 AM
Thought it would be okay to post this here because it doesnt have to do with my Cadillac and I thought it would get more exposure.

So. I have a 92 roadmaster with the TBI 350. The engine is ready to come out, but the wires for the fuel injectors are holding me back. I looked in my FSM for intructions on how to remove them, but I cant find anything anywhere. The whole wiring harness is disconnected except for these wires, and they dont appear to plug in. Any ideas on how to do this.

Thanks.

caddydaddy
10-08-06, 11:36 AM
They should just be clipped onto the injectors. If you can't get those off, take the injectors out.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-06, 12:46 PM
i think the injectors come off with them

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-06, 12:48 PM
did you ever do this mod?

http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=000828

pimpin88
10-08-06, 05:48 PM
Nope, I never did that mod. I just took out the metal piece that is inside the airbox and it made a big difference.

I tried tugging on the wires and they seem pretty snug, and to get them out of the throttle body, they have to go through a very small hole which is not anywhere close to allow the injectors to fit through. I'm confused. lol. This should be the simple part. Pulling the wires.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-08-06, 09:56 PM
Why's the 350 comin out?

pimpin88
10-09-06, 08:19 PM
I got a second Roadmaster! The white one I have right now has really bad rot underneath, to the point that you can see the rear floorboards bend if you push on them with your hand, and the frame is pretty weak. So the engine in the white one has 113,000 miles on it, and the tranny has 10,000.

Now, the silver RM (the second one) has a body that is in mint condition but heads are warped or cracked or something. So I'm swappin it over and parting out the white one.