: favorite music thread...different take

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-07-06, 09:28 AM
This isnt the usual 'favorite band' thread.
Instead, a list of shitty songs by good bands. Songs that were so horrible, you had to listen and laugh that a great band would actually record this and release it.

Metallica - whiskey in a jar...oooooo
DMB - so right

etc etc...anyone have any?

gary88
10-07-06, 09:35 AM
Metallica - Every song on St. Anger. They were 100x better when they were raging alcoholics :alchi:

AznPrydeRegalRyde
10-07-06, 09:42 AM
Metallica - Every song on St. Anger. They were 100x better when they were raging alcoholics :alchi:YEa, I agree. Thought that album was crap.

Do ya agree with me on 'whiskey in a jar' ? Or is it just me?

Destroyer
10-07-06, 10:46 AM
I think Whiskey in the jar was a good cover. I do agree that St Anger sucked in a big way. :thepan:

90Brougham350
10-07-06, 10:52 AM
Hahahaha, I haven't listened to Metallica since Saint Anger came out. What a load of horseshit that album was! I agree on Whiskey in the Jar, just not a good song. Um, let's see, other songs? "Anybody Seen My Baby" by the Stones is pretty God-awful, "I Was Made for Loving You Baby" by KISS, "Second Chance" by .38 Special, I suppose this list could go on for a while!:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-07-06, 11:18 AM
"Country Honk" by The Stones. It's the same lyrics as "Honky Tonk Woman" but it's set to country music instead of R&R. It's the one song off "Let It Bleed" that doesn't kick ass.

slk230mb
10-07-06, 01:00 PM
This isnt the usual 'favorite band' thread.
Instead, a list of shitty songs by good bands. Songs that were so horrible, you had to listen and laugh that a great band would actually record this and release it.

Metallica - whiskey in a jar...oooooo
DMB - so right

etc etc...anyone have any?

So Right is a pretty good DMB song, way better live. Old Dirt Hill off of Stand Up is total crap though.

Florian
10-07-06, 02:22 PM
Rivendell and/or Tears by Rush

ick!

F

EcSTSatic
10-07-06, 10:27 PM
"Yellow Submarine" by the Beatles. And I love the Beatles. When this came out , I just couldn't figure out what went wrong.

"We all live in a yellow submarine,
a Yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
We all live in a yellow submarine,
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine,....."

Alright already
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/%7Ems538596/ys2.gif

90Brougham350
10-09-06, 07:18 PM
Hahaha, I like Yellow Submarine, it's nice to hear a little of the "less-talented" beatles sing once in a while. I remember when that Russian submarine was stuck on the bottom of the sea by Norway a few years ago the local morning show did a re-make: "We're all drowning in a Russian submarine!" Chad, I forgot Country Honk. That song is just horrible!

DILLIGAF
10-09-06, 07:41 PM
Out of respect for the artists I will not mention their names.
1.I shot the sheriff,wtf was he thinking?
2.Got my mind set on you,my gawd,been the fab 3 since then!
3.Any Elvis song!

davesdeville
10-10-06, 05:49 AM
Out of respect for the artists I will not mention their names.
1.I shot the sheriff,wtf was he thinking?

Clapton's cover of that is pretty good. Better than Marleys..

I can't think of any bad songs by good artists, since I only download the good ones and delete the bad ones before I remember their name.