: New Lexus Ls460

ARTSBEST
10-06-06, 07:11 PM
Base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $61,000 for the LS 460 and $71,000 for the LS 460 L. WOW, I don't how well they hold their resale value nor what one pays from the sticker on these units but starting at $60K is hard to phantom. Oh I know, there are the distinguised people who have NO concern for prices because they're filthy rich.

robhersch
10-06-06, 11:27 PM
Re: Orange Co (CA) Register - 2007 OC Auto Show supplement: Lexus LS 460- STARTING MSRP $65,000; EPA fuel econ - 19 city/ 27 hwy; Engine - 4.6L V8 380 hp/ 367 #ft torque (features world's first electric motor-driven variable valve timing with intelligence); Trans - 8 spd auto; 0-60 5.4 sec; electronic controlled brakes, electronic power steering, electronic stability control, (not stated but implied - only 1 LS & 1 LS-L per customer while supply lasts)

Jesda
10-06-06, 11:58 PM
Really cool tech, really bland styling. I hope they made being in the driver's seat more fun this time aorund. Its one of those cars I could admire but never want.

megeebee
10-10-06, 04:09 PM
In the latest Automobile Magazine, their design editor Robert Cumberford (former GM designer), did an analysis of the design of the new LS. It was very funny. His title was "The only thing wrong is that there's nothing wrong." And went on to explain how great it was in many ways, but not very interesting. His comment about the front end was the greatest. I quote from memory: " Good thing that the badge at the grille center is so large so it won't be mistaken for a Camry".

wick05
10-14-06, 07:14 PM
I never got into Lexus. They have always been bland cars. Interiors are boring.. yet they rave about them.. I will take my Cadillac any day baby.. American cars till the day a Japanese company hires me.> LOL

Devil_concours
10-19-06, 09:29 AM
Being a lexus, it will probably hold its value for a very long time. New LS is a very cool car. Too many new gadgets to list.

ShadowLvr400
10-19-06, 01:04 PM
I saw an ad on TV, apparently it has a much more advanced parking assist than any other vehicle. It parks itself... Yea, an ad where the car parked itself. However it only showed the wheel, not a clip of the car parking itself.

ChicagoCTS32
10-19-06, 01:56 PM
Just wait until the LS600h comes out at $91k. V10-V12 performance, V6 fuel economy. That parking assist thing is pretty sweet. Pull up next to the spot you want to be in. Pull forward so your rear bumper is even with the car next to you. Put it in reverse and the camera comes on with the parking spot framed. Move the frame around til it's right with the touch screen and hit "ok". Let up on the brake pedal and modulate speed til you're in the spot. I'm sure it would take some time to get used to, but it will be pretty sweet.

The long wheel base version of the LS also has a reclining seat behind the passenger with a footrest and shiatsu massage. Holy over-indulgence.

HITMONEY
10-19-06, 04:38 PM
I just got an invite to my local Lexus dealer for next Friday for the unveiling. From the pics it looks alot like a BMW especially from the side and rear views. Looks like the exact same tailights.

I do like the look of the intergrated exhaust though... and an 8 speed automatic tranny!!! Wow.

But for the price, I would get an STS-V first... or an E63.

Devil_concours
10-19-06, 06:03 PM
I saw an ad on TV, apparently it has a much more advanced parking assist than any other vehicle. It parks itself... Yea, an ad where the car parked itself. However it only showed the wheel, not a clip of the car parking itself.

Lexus LS460 with Auto Park aka Advanced Parking Guidance System - Google Video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2595666904299390202&q=ls460&hl=en)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-19-06, 08:21 PM
Like most LS400's the design does nothing for me, but the amenities are out of this world!

SpeedyArizona
10-19-06, 09:05 PM
The car may be a bit bland but it has enough toys to impress any gadget geek. My mom bought an ES330 after I took her Eldorado and now she's looking for something with more room and comfort. She ADORES the new LS460 but doesn't want to spend the money for one (although I think she might get one as a Christmas gift from my father). If she does I will definetly have to try some of the gadgets and gizmos.

Also according to the site the new LS460 can measure your body temperature to create the perfect cabin environment. That would be a lifesaver down here in the summer!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-19-06, 09:31 PM
Im a huge fan of this new LS , its WONDERFUL ....

Look at it from my view , since the thing parks itself that means its that much less the driver of a toyota has to drive , and the less toyota drivers drive the less stress i have ...

I cant wait till the day the corolla becomes a 2,000 lb slot car ....

SpeedyArizona
10-20-06, 12:32 AM
Here's a good review on the LS460 2007 Lexus LS 460 Preview (http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/LexusLS460/)

Honestly I don't think the price tag is bad for a car of such high quality. When comparing it to other luxury cars, many have an equal or higher (in some instances much higher) price tags than the LS460 and still have less gadgets. I think it is best comparable to the Maybach 57 in terms of its quality and technology. Basically you have a $300,000 price difference between two very comparable vehicles.

dp102288
10-20-06, 10:27 AM
For the price, it probably can't be beat in tech and luxury. But Lexuses do seem to sedate to me. I never saw one speeding before, and they don't look like they handle well. A friend has an ES, I think its like a sloth compared to my Eldo.